OK - here goes - need to know what you think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, what powerful words, values & people joined together here. What a great thread. I am 53, recently became unemployed, in pain, 10 surgeries under my belt and need to quit drinking. Never thought I would meet so many people in the same boat. I am out of steam to fight---I feel if I keep coming back here and reading that it will be impossible for me to go on drinking. Thank you all for your inspiration, I hope the spark turns to flame, best regards
    headless

Comment

Welcome headless,
      You will be do well here. Come back to here no matter what you are going through. It's a process. Hey -- fFunny name. What does it mean?

Comment

OH EM,

I AM THERE. I LOVE YOU, MY SISTER. YOU SEE MY SOUL. HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT MY SISTER. I WILL PM YOU. I HAVE BEEN TO THE CAPE IN THE WINTER!!..LOVE IT.. I WILL WRITE TO YOU....CAN I PLEASE COME SOON??

Comment

Wow

I have only been here for two days taking in how this issue touches so many people. I ve found I am not alone when I wake up and am consumed by quilt, regret, shame with the feeling of no hope. But I believe hope is here with all of you.
          I have not been AF for a long time but want to be. I saw my grandkids at christmas and it made me want to stop killing myself. The alcohol takes a toll on your body no mater what age. But more so it takes a toll on your soul and spirit. It beats you down.
          Well welcome to the board and web site. I believe victory will be in the support that is here!
          Hang in here and take a step at a time. I am going to get and read the book, visit here every day and go from there.
          :welcome:
          Control the Mind

Comment

Welcome Rocky!!!

Comment

Chrys,
              Don't you dare change the icon! I love it.
              You are not too old to stop. You're here, that's a great place to be if you want to stop. Fear is always a good reason for action. That's what got me here. Ask yourself if saying you're too old to stop is your way out if you keep drinking. It's much the same as saying "I'll try" rather than "I will." Our insidious drinking self is full of excuses to present to our logical self. Is your doctor able to prescribe anything for the pain?
              Be kind and caring to yourself, and you'll find the reserves you need to help you with the battles you need to fight. May you be well. May you be happy.

Comment

Ah raghnall...thank you..how about you take the icon for awhile??...Oh its OK...I am just involved in an "old church" community crisis at the moment & a new job soon....so can't see me here that much ..so please...it is cool..isn't it..so symbolic of coming out ..of whatever abyss or cocoon you happen to be in......

v

Comment

Working...
                X