Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 12th January

boo is anyone around...

actually just about to bugger off and teach....
    I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Army Thread 12th January

I'm here - I'm new and looking for help to even go day 1 AF. Scared :upset:

Comment

Army Thread 12th January

Hello Satz,

Tell us a bit about yourself and we'll see if we can you help,hun.:l
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 12th January

:new:Madmans told me to come here that ye would help me get started ?
          I'm in Ireland and drink al every day while I make dinner. Then stop . Really bad habit as the amount is getting moree each day & it's not 'normal' behaviour' for a 56 year old working lady is it ? And I'm getting FAT and stopped going to the gym :upset:

Comment

Army Thread 12th January

:welcome: Satz and :hallo: to the rest of youse
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 12th January

I am so envious of you all being AF for so long ........ please tell me how you did it. I live in Dublin & everything sems to centre around AL. Only so many cinema trips you can do .
              When I look at AF future it's scares the daylights out of me - I think I'll be so bored & posibly boring ?

Comment

Army Thread 12th January

You'll fit right in here, Satz, there's plenty of Irish here as well as the rest of us we're all in your time zone.

Have you had a look in the tool box, yet.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

satz123;1235302 wrote: :new:

Hey Mario - I am in ireland too -can you give advise on how to get the meds in MWO book ?
                I saw this question you asked on the end of a thread, I'm afraid I can't help but maybes one of the other Army members can.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 12th January

Yes. I'm kinda been in and out until I found this thread - advised by Madmans :thanks:

Comment

Army Thread 12th January

Yoooooo hoooooooo Tippers,

How did I do it?
                    In the beginning just plodding along with one foot in front of the other. I really stayed in a lot the first 30 days or so.

Actually thinking way back I started off having a wee glass of wine making the dinner, then another one with dinner. It wasn't long before it was just bugger the dinner, give me the bottle and ooh look there's another one in the fridge.

Those first 30 days I just used to make something quick and simple so I didn't have to spend so long chained to the stove.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 12th January

JackieClaire;1243307 wrote: Yoooooo hoooooooo Tippers,

How did I do it?
                      In the beginning just plodding along with one foot in front of the other. I really stayed in a lot the first 30 days or so.

Actually thinking way back I started off having a wee glass of wine making the dinner, then another one with dinner. It wasn't long before it was just bugger the dinner, give me the bottle and ooh look there's another one in the fridge.

Those first 30 days I just used to make something quick and simple so I didn't have to spend so long chained to the stove.
                      Funny but true.
                      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Army Thread 12th January

Popping in to say hello to you all and let Stirly know I'm thinking about her and her sad circumstances. You and hubs will be in my thoughts and prayers fellow Canuck.:l

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

Army Thread 12th January

That's good adviseaabout the quick dinners.:thanks:
                          Did you just then pick a day ? Did you tell everyone " I'm off the drink" ?
                          I think I need a plan of some sorts ?

Comment

Army Thread 12th January

Yoooooooooo hooooooooo RC,

I deserved an Oscar for the hundreds of ways I feign surprise.

Ohh I love your avatar, Satz.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 12th January

Apart from here, Mr JC, the kids, my doctor and my dentist know for sure.

The rest I just waffle on about one too many hangovers, I gave up for a while and liked it so much I decided to stay AF.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 12th January

JackieClaire;1243321 wrote: Yoooooooooo hooooooooo RC,

I deserved an Oscar for the hundreds of ways I feign surprise.

Ohh I love your avatar, Satz.
                                Thanks Zen and nice to "see" you too. And a big YOOOOO HOOOOO JC.

When I first hit MWO I had an unlimited supply of wine and no one to be accountable to. I didn't think I counted for much back then. At one time I thoroughly enjoyed sipping on wine while I relaxed and prepared dinner. Things changed over time and dinner became secondary to sipping wine and "relaxing".

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                                X