Strange posts seem like spammers are here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I have seen three of them now since yesterday afternoon...strange posts like spammers or people trying to make fun of the forum or something...and then they disappear. SO...this disturbs me and due to this I will be taking a break from this site for a while.

Thank you all for all of your kind words. Onward and upward all! I don't usually say good luck because luck is all chance so do well with purpose and intent!

Dove

If they are spammers the reason why they are disappearing is because the mods are probably deleting the posts. Don't let that be an excuse to leave the forum and lose a support tool that is helping keep you sober. Why would a weird post or a spammer keep you from reading and posting in a forum that can help you?

Comment

Aww Dove, hun.

We've been inundated by Spammers this last week or so and they'll continue,I'm afraid.

The thing to do if you see a spammer is to hit the little red triangle () just beside where it says permalink at the top of their nonsensical posts and type in SPAM and send.Once the mods are alerted they'll be removed.

Don't let it put you off posting, just try and ignore them, they soon disappear.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Dove, I've seen spammers here plenty of time and the moderators always take care of them. They do no harm and mostly are just ignored by most of us. It really makes no sense that you would stop posting here because of that. You are in a very vunerable state right now (I beleive you said you were 12 days AL Free) and you really need reinforcement from people here and in real life if you are going to keep it up. Are you sure you are not looking for an excuse not to be accountable? I can't speak for what you are thinking but from everything I have seen you post, I really am concerned you are looking for a way to withdraw from the people who are trying to help support an AL free lifestyle. Whatever you are doing, you in the end have to live with it. Those of us who are serious about this are committed 1000% - Are you?
        AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

It usually pretty easy to spot the "spammers", they are akin to the bothersome door to door salespeople. They have VERY few posts, the post doesnt belong on the board anywhere, it offers no advice....its just an attempt at free advertising.

Spammers usually mean the site is doing well, they want a LOT of traffic in hopes that they might sell some toe nail fungus medicine....or other snake oil.

Moderators/Administrators will delete the post, as all it does is take up wasted bandwidth.

I can assure you, no post by a regular member, that isnt offensive will not be deleted. So as the others have said, there really is no reason to leave because of them. But, that choice is up to you
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

If you don't want to post here don't, but sorry I'm calling bullshit on the spammer issue.
            The experience here is not diminished in any way by them

Comment

Thanks JC, I didn' know how to alert the moderators.

Is that little puppy rown up yet?

Comment

Well I have to say that my favorite spammer of today was.....

penisadvantage

really. that was the screen name. :H
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I left this page open on my computer and so read the responses and have to say I can't believe how rude some of you have been. I am uncomfortable being part of a place where shit like that can be posted??!!! Yes I am and if you are not fine be that way. I have said nothing about leaving to drink and have no intention of doing so. I have been here a long time and have never had such rude responses. I have not come across spammers on here before. If spammers can get on here that easily how safe is any of our personal information here?? You all claim to know so much about me but everything I have posted this week has been wrought with misinterpretations and rudeness. So now I am really leaving. Goodbye.

Comment

Apology

I hope you will accept my sincere apology for offending you.

I knew this would happen so it's my fault. Sorry

Comment

How unfortunate it is that misunderstandings occur when we can't see each other's faces or hear each other's voices. Some people are very sensitive and don't realize others are tough as old boots.

Maybe Dove will get curious and come back. We can only wish her/him well in sobriety. Let's leave this lay. And I feel like a fool because I actually replied to the toe fungus guy!!!! Oh well!!!! Jokes on me....
                      Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                      (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Dove.......I might post some unorthodox things. I believe that some leavatie will give us sometime to breath from our problems. If one is so serious all the time......you might get burned out ! Having fun and joking around makes this site human ! Let's help each other out and become friends........we will then be able to help each other that much more ! Tony
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Dove, hope you come back, try not to take peoples comments so seriously, there just trying to help and go about it in a way that seems appropriate for them and it may not seem appropriate to you, i'm sure they didn't intentionally mean to offend you, we all have different social norms and morals and levels of what is acceptable socially, hope you return and continue to find this site useful
                          I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                          Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Working...
                          X