Army Thread 16th January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 16th January

Nearest we get to air con is opening the back door and the front door at the same time.

I bet we get a fecking heatwave this summer and I'll be a right moaning minnie.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 16th January

Recluse;1245735 wrote:
      Stirly.....good to hear about Mr stirly's BP. I hope, with your sons, you can persuade him to be sensible and take a well earned rest from work. I hope also that you are managing to cope with your situation. PS, I posted to you yesterday as you were leaving...not sure if you saw it.Hi Reccie.
      I'm really torn as to what Mr. Stirly needs to do after he recovers from his surgery. He has no hobbies except for tending to the plants on our balcony and the few we have in the apartment and it's not something that takes much time - an hour tops each week. He likes to walk around town but how many hours a day can you walk? So if he retired he would have a lot of time on his hands and nothing to do unless he actively sought out other activities, which he is not inclined to do. He needs to feel useful and necessary and he will feel neither if he retires. The family business (his, actually) has been his life for almost 20 years now and he's done a fine job at running it. He is a person who likes to have control of things and would not be happy knowing that someone else was holding the reins, so to speak. Feeling useless and unnecessary and not in control = depression. Something we will try hard to avoid. So I really don't know what will happen after he recovers. As for your post from yesterday....
      Recluse;1245181 wrote: It must be tough with all the waiting, stirly, but it sounded as though the time between diagnosis and surgery would be relatively short overall? I'm sure you're already aware that us blokes tend to have a slightly more "distant" relationship with the medical profession than women do. We prefer not have have anything to do with doctors and hospitals at all, basically. It's good that your husband is taking it well though, and I know you'll be with him every step of the way. Do you have any indication of what the recovery time might be if everything goes to plan?Mr. Stirly has always avoided going to the doctor and absolutely hates being in hospital. As you said, like most men. No idea of how long the recovery time will be, it depends on the individual, how difficult the surgery is, if the patient follows the doctor's instructions to a T and how long it takes each patient's body to recover. Mr. Stirly usually recovers quickly from whatever ails him but from what we've been told, the recovery is especially painful and requires great care by the patient so that the stitches don't tear and result in complications. Reccie, thank you so much for your concern. You are a dear.

Recluse;1245735 wrote: Had been awake for about 35 hours by late last night. Took one nitrazepam and then put chicken stew on for dinner. You can guess the rest. Was lucky enough to wake up a couple of hours later and the stew was still edible. Polished it off and went back to sleep and woke up again this afternoon. Looks like I missed a lovely day. Getting dark outside now, but it's completely cloudless and there is still frost on the ground from last night.
      Good thing the stew was okay and you didn't burn the house down. Please, please be careful about cooking after taking medication. :huggy

satz123;1245738 wrote:
      I'm still drinking every eve too scared to stop
      Satz, perhaps you can drink less every day as Reccie did and then get off AL completely.
      Recluse;1245760 wrote:
      Hi MM, yep, I'm making progress, thanks. How's it going with you?
      Again, Reccie...:goodjob:
      madmans;1245761 wrote:
      Drinking wise fine it's the rest of me that's falling apart, i have got back trouble that's leaving me in bad shape , lots of painkillers but they don't kill the pain and have months more to wait for an MRI .They should be ashamed to let someone who is in pain wait so long for an MRI and then the suitable therapy. I sincerely hope you get relief soon.
      pingu1997;1245780 wrote: Tigger got chest infection and asthma. Poor kidHope the wee girl recovers ASAP.:l
      Recluse;1245781 wrote: Eleven months is completely ridiculous for a problem like that MM, I hope your GP can do something to shorten the waiting time.

Hello jackie and expattie! Eleven months. Good grief. You'd get better health care in fecking Zimbabwe.

JackieClaire;1245804 wrote:
      Nope. Mr JC dropped us off. He needed the car as he was in court all morning. I stayed and had a coffee and saw her through customs while sobbing into me hankie, then got the Metro home.

I have had a mega nana nap this aftie as I was awake half the night waiting for the alarm clock to go off.
      Jackie, you need to cool out a bit. Both about the waiting for the alarm to go off and also about seeing DD off at the airport. She's only going to Barcelona, not to the North Pole, and she'll only be gone a few days. Howz about you whip up a curry or something. Cooking therapy. :huggy
      madmans;1245806 wrote:
      Bed time for the kids here also , see you later .
      Hope you get some relief for your back and sweet dreams as well.

Troopers, I started this post some time ago and have been interrupted several times by phone calls from family and friends. Am off to walk Freddoccino and then to bed. Again, thank you all for caring so much. Wishing you all...

See youz tomorrowz....
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 16th January

That was a mega multi-quote. Stirls.

Sleep well, hun.:l

I'm OK now as the daughter has got to the hostel but you'll be pleased to hear we've got to go through all of this again on Thursday when she flies to Paris.............. I can hear the groans from here.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 16th January

I think I'm off under the duvet. This cold weather is making me so tired. I think I'm going to hibernate (not!). But it would be nice.
          Yes, the spammers are out of control. Feck em! Just read some of the fuck thread, haha!
          Nighters Army:l See ya in the morning.
          (JC-she's gonna have a great time. But I worry too about my kids-I understand.:l)

Comment

Army Thread 16th January

Hi Guys,

Checking in on Mr Stirls, thinking of you both Stirly and candles are lit xxx

Jacks, hope daughter has a great time!

Pingu, poor little Tigger

WELL DONE Reccie!!

Mad's, back probs are the feckin worst, feel better soon.

Hi to everyone else, sorry I have not been around much lately, i swore in 2012 that I was going to cut my pc time down plus I have LOTS going on at the mo! I am not AWOL, just busy!

Love to all xx
            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 16th January

yo Oney,
              Ach she's grand according to FB.

Gawd I always feel such a looser when I see peeps cutting down on their computer time.

Watching the Stargazing LIVE and although it's a beautiful clear night. Can't see Jupiter any where.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 16th January

Reason I drink? Total Boredom. Makes me feel better basically.
                Gets me nearer to bedtime when I can escape again. Mad or what?

Comment

Army Thread 16th January

Evening all and hi to one2many :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 16th January

satz123;1245895 wrote: Reason I drink? Total Boredom. Makes me feel better basically.
                    Gets me nearer to bedtime when I can escape again. Mad or what?
                    Hi satz123 how is it cutting ?

Comment

Army Thread 16th January

Night all see you in the morning :-)

Comment

Army Thread 16th January

Night Marioman xxx
                        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 16th January

hello beauties...not read back ..sorry..not had zero time
                          going to court tomorrow to hopefully get my licence back..

plus it's Boo's 21'st..so am baking cakes and in a right muddle..

hope you are all fine..? I will read back, bad manners not to...

Comment

Army Thread 16th January

mario;1245932 wrote: Night all see you in the morning :-)
                            Hi Mario
                            Sorry for not replying. I only log on in work
                            Tips to get started would be great ' cos I still haven't plucked up the nerve yet :upset:
                            I am scared of the evenings with nothing to dull the boredom - I KNOW I should get out and do something - but it's always tomorrow. It's like the al is my friend waiting when I get home to welcome me

Comment

Working...
                            X