THAT FRIDAY FEELING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THAT FRIDAY FEELING

just been for a meal tonight with the family for my sisters birthday really wanted a drink but managed to say no even though there was loads of temptation quite proud of myself think you guys might really be helping it is just a constant reminder why i shouldn't drink hope i can last. one of my biggest concerns is i am known as a confident fun guy and allways have but have reached a point where for a few years now have had very little confidence without alchohol and just dont know if i will ever get that confidence back perhaps the damage has been done permenently if anything make me fall off the wagon this will be it along with the fact all my freinds are quite heavy drinkers

THAT FRIDAY FEELING

Well done, Yorkshire Lad!!!!

Stick with it ... it's got to get easier.

Comment

THAT FRIDAY FEELING

Way to go Lad!
      I believe that over time you will get your confidence back. You just need to re-learn how to do some things.
      I can relate because I use to feel the same way. We have many social events with our neighbors/friends and I had to re-learn how to enjoy things without being buzzed. Our last few events I made it through without getting legless and I actually had a good time. I especially feel great about no more hangovers!
      Just give it time!
      You are on your way......
      ~Laura
      ~Laura

Insanity
      : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results................... Albert Einstein

Comment

THAT FRIDAY FEELING

Well done Yorkshire Lad.
        Ditto the above.......

Comment

THAT FRIDAY FEELING

Good on you Yorkshire!! You're doing just fine!

Laura is right, it is a case of re learning...Wot I am finding the hardest is worrying what on earth I am going to talk about when I am out with a bunch of boozers who find slippers funny...you know what I mean??
          If you're drunk, anything is a good larrrrffff, if you are sober, you want to push everybody's head down the nearest dunny just to shut them up. I'm lucky, all my friends are in England, so i will now only hang out with others who don't drink much or at all, to ensure that my social time is spent enjoyably ....when you already have a set of friends to whom drinking is the main point of the evening though, it can be very tricky...BUT
          it will get easier...and if they ARE your friends, you should feel pretty comfortable with them anyway. I presume you are with them at other times than when out on the p***? Be yourself YL...and count your AF days to boost your confidence :h

Comment

THAT FRIDAY FEELING

Listen Yorkshire, after a while of not drinking your confidence will come back stronger than ever...It wont be an alcohol fuelled confidence either but one born through you realising just how much inner strength you have...The day will come when you will be able to look people in the eye and say WITH CONFIDENCE " No thanks, I don't drink "....You are doing well so please, even if you have nothing to say on here at anytime just log on and read..read...and read...Good Luck.

Love Louise xx
            A F F L..
            Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

THAT FRIDAY FEELING

Hi Yorkshire, :goodjob:

Like you, I always used to get really drunk with all of our friends, but the last twice i've stayed sober...

At the time it's not so good but I now love the 'morning after' actually remembering the night before and not waking up thinking 'OH MY GOD' what did i do???? That is definitely the best feeling ever.

Hang in there, Paula :h :l :h
              sigpicXXX

Comment

THAT FRIDAY FEELING

Yorkshire Lad, really really well done, I too am worried about the confidence, being funny thing, but unlike you I haven't been out yet so i'm yet to see how i cope. But what I do know is that already I have lost that anxiety feeling that made me drink so much so quickly. Have you noticed how people laugh the drunk whose making a fool of themsleves, I used to think it was cos i was hilarious actually now I think they are laughing half with embarrassment and half because people like laughing at people making a fool of themselves. i.e big brother, i'm a celebrity etc.xx sam

Comment

Working...
                X