Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 20th January

This is interesting and flys in the face of my logic:

But as “foods,” they are seriously lacking, for neither sugar nor alcohol has any nutrients to help with their digestion. For practical purposes, sugar and alcohol are the same food. One beer has about the same instant caloric value as ten teaspoons of white sugar.

Among “foods,” alcoholic beverages and sugar foods are probably the most addicting you can find. But the additional drug effects of alcohol make it more addicting than sugar. So when you quit drinking, you must withdraw from both addictions: the food (or sugar) addiction of alcohol and the drug addiction of alcohol.

Depending on the amount of alcohol you drink, severe withdrawal symptoms will last for one to three weeks, and minor symptoms will continue for a few months.

You will begin your withdrawal from the sugar addiction if, when you stop drinking, you stop eating sugar-foods as well. In this case, cravings for both sweets and alcohol will diminish after a few weeks, and disappear after six months to a year. If you stop drinking, yet continue to eat sugar foods, your hypoglycemia will drive you crazy with regular cravings for alcohol and sweets.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 20th January

Have a nice weekend, everyone. Back Monday. Going out now to buy a vat of Smarties.
      Coco

Comment

Army Thread 20th January

See ya Coco, be good.

I see that prog is on shortly so I will away and watch as there is also a mention of their cooking on it mmmm. Be back to turn the lights out later.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 20th January

Have a cracking weekend, Coco,

I'm orff for abit meself.

Laters.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 20th January

Hiya peeps, I had a cheapo pedometer and it wasn't very reliable. It said I'd done 2000 steps while I was sitting on the bus!

KTAB Thanks for posting that stuff about sugar and alcohol addiction ... I took a look on the Internet, very interesting and informative. I'll be taking a serious look at what I'm putting in the tank from now on! Good man for sharing!

I had the Mrs Browns Boys DVD for Christmas, have yous seen them? Making me laugh out loud so they are! Have a good rest of Friday, catch you all tomorrow xxx

Comment

Army Thread 20th January

Good night everyone catch you sometime tomorrow. :bedtime:

Comment

Working...
              X