Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not drinking at my wedding :)

Hi Everyone :h
    I don't post as often as I use to but I do lurk from time to time to keep me strong in my goal of an AF life. When I came here I was pretty shaky and I feel very confident not drinking now. My fiance is AF as well and we have been enjoying our AF live very much. We're going to be getting married in less then a month and a lot of my family is coming into town. My dad did a 9 month AF stint the last time I saw him but now is moderating... I'm not sure how this is going for him. My brother in law also did a long stint AF and is now modding. Basically my family has big issues with alcohol. And weddings have always been a drink fest. I won't be drinking at my wedding and fiance won't be either. We are firm on this so will toast with sparkling grape juice. I'm not sure why I'm posting. It always helps to post when I'm faced with a massive exposure to alcohol though. I feel like I'm out of the woods but at the same time know it helps to turn here for support. By wedding time I will be about one year 6 months sober and my guy will be 1 year 2 months. We are so excited for our future and are relieved we don't drink anymore. Other then that I hope everyone is doing well and reaching their personal goals. It always feels good to strive towards the milestones!! :h

Not drinking at my wedding

Congratulations!
    On your AF time, on your wedding, and on your decision to stay AF

Well done.. and I wish you the very best for the future!
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Well done. It helps me when I make a pledge to not drink that day. Sometimes I do it online here. But everyday I tell myself that I won't drink.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Nice to hear from you Choice and that you're doing so well. Congratulations on your wedding. What a wonderful way to start your life together. Hope the family members keep their acts together on your special day. Do come back more often if you're having thoughts of breaking your abstinence. All the best!
        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

congratulations Choice, on the wedding and the AF time. I hope your day is wonderful and your life together is joyful. Please let us know how everything goes.
          Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
          If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
          November 2, 2012

Comment

Choice - CONGRATULATIONS on both the forthcoming marriage and for remaining AF. I think its absolutely wonderful that you and your partner are both embracing this AF life together and good on you for making the pledge for your wedding. Hopefully with family being aware of your commitment it will strengthen their own resolve not to over do it.
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

Congrats on your upcomong wedding and both your af time:goodjob:

Comment

What a beautiful post Choice! All the best for the future.:l

Comment

Have a great Day on ur wedding, i bet u will look lovely as the blushing bride
                  I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                  Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Hi Choice! This is just wonderful news - I'm so happy for you and your fianc?.

I remember your early days (we both joined MWO about the same time) and the challenges you had to overcome. So proud you've remained AF and that your guy has joined you in living an AF life....and what an amazing LIFE it will be rather than just existing! Wishing you both health, happiness and prosperity. :h :h
                    :heart: AF since 29th August 2010 :heart:

Comment

Choice, you are so lucky to be embarking upon your new life sober. Wishing you the very best.

Comment

Wow thanks everyone for the congrats. Enja I remember the early days too it seams like a long time ago but really it's not that much time. It's amazing how quitting drinking has turned my life and my partners around. We've informed the venue that we don't drink and are toasting with sparkling grape juice. Besides us, my pregnant sister, and a few underage kids we are the only ones not drinking. We have a plan if people put AL drinks in our hands we will clink the glass put it down and then just kiss. I think I'm expecting more pressure then there is going to be. I never thought I'd be stone sober at my wedding. People seam shocked when I say I'm not drinking at the wedding. I get a lot of "not even bubbles at your own wedding?!?" Honestly I can't think of a worse night for my fiance and I to fall off the wagon. It's funny in a couple of days I am going to buy the alcohol for the wedding and it will be the largest bar tab I'll ever pay for and not have one sip. I kinda like the irony. I've got a lot of old smoking friends coming as well... and I won't be having any cig's either. I am just really glad both of us are over a year sober... I really think it's a lot of pressure as it is. I'm feeling strong he is too. 16 days yeeks!! :h:h

Comment

Congrats from me too!! how wonderful to start your lives together - and you'll be able to remember it all!!!

How strange that we've gotten ourselves into a mess such that we can't even have a big party like this without booze - just can't do it. How shocked your guests would be if they got to the reception and there was no booze. And you said "well, we don't drink, so of course there's no booze....drink on your own dime"

Anyway have a wonderful life together, you two sober kids!!
                          Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                          (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

choice,

CONGRATS from me too
                            Awesome quits the two of you two have going there :goodjob:

Wishing you the best!!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                            X