Just Another Boring Day..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few days ago I was at work and I had a quiet period as we weren't busy in the store..I was thinking about how far I had travelled on this journey of mine when a colleague came up to me and said " You look like the cat who has eaten the cream. Why are you looking so happy? "...I replied " No reason, but it's such a wonderful day I just feel happy "...She looked at me and said " Well, it's just another boring day for the rest of us "..

Well that started me thinking...In a strange convoluted way I'm glad I drank so much that it became a problem for me...Because if I had been one of the " normal people " who don't have a problem with alcohol then I too would be having just another boring day...

A normal person when they get up in the morning and the day starts crowding in on them, they may think to themselves " Oh God, another day to get through. "...When I get up in the morning I thank God in advance for another day without alcohol, another day when I don't have to lie to myself or my loved ones about my drinking, another day when I can feel my confidence and strength growing, another day when my body will carry on slowly healing itself, another day when I can look at myself in a mirror and instead of seeing a bleary hungover face I actually like what I see...

I feel as though God has given me a second chance and I am determined not to waste it...I'm still very much aware of all the wasted days spent either drinking or hungover...Now, even on the coldest or dullest of winter days it's a pleasure to go for a walk and to be able to take a delight in the beauty surrounding me..

This is MY LIFE, This is YOUR LIFE, so don't waste anymore of it...wake up....get out there...Grab it with both hands and hold it tightly....DON'T let alcohol take away from you what is the most precious gift you will ever recieve

So, it may be just another boring day for millions of people all over the world, but not for me because...

TODAY I HAVE BEEN ALCOHOL FREE FOR 100 DAYS
    A F F L..
    Alcohol Free For Life

WELL DONE IRISH LADY

I LOOK FORWARD TO MY 100 DAYS

YOU ARE A TRUE INSPIRATION. HAVE A WONDERFUL FUTURE 100 DAYS

Comment

Way to go Irish!!!!!

:goodjob: Nancy:l
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Way to go Irishlady. Big congrats to u!!!!
        Thanks for that post.

Comment

:wd:

Louise, Well done! Triple digits! That is a HUGE accomplishment!

I loved your post. Felt like a kick in the butt for me to keep plugging along with abs and I needed it. Only on day 12 now I think but on my way to 100. Don't intend to waste any more of this precious life and the limited time we have on earth. You were a great reminder of why abs is my goal. Thanks!!!

xoxo,
          lucky

Comment

Congradulations IrishLady!

WOW - AWESOME! Way to go!

YOU are so RIGHT about what you posted. Many people without the inflictions of addictions take their days for granted. I am with you on the appreciation and the second chance. Your post is SOOOO inspiring! Have a wonderful day - 100 days is so GREAT!

Comment

Dear Irishlady

This is MY LIFE, This is YOUR LIFE, so don't waste anymore of it...wake up....get out there...Grab it with both hands and hold it tightly....DON'T let alcohol take away from you what is the most precious gift you will ever recieve
              :yougo: Well done to you and thanks for those wonderful words. So so true.

Mandy x

Comment

Hello all.

especially The Irish Centurian

Well done Louise. You are an inspiration. Thank you.

Comment

Awesome insight Irish!!! And so very true. Congratulations on 100 days!!!!! That is just amazing......
                  I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Wow Louise! I remember when you first came here.
                    I am so happy! You are such a brilliant person and an inspiration to us all!!!
                    Jen
                    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Aaaahhhhh Oirish :h....my favourite little spud muncher!!!!!!!

Have about 3 nanoseconds before I go to work....but must first shout out

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!....

Yippee Oirish...You must feel FANTASTIC....Wot a babe....will pm you when I get homeyome tonight!!

Weeoggymelon (OY OY OY!!!) xoxoxoxo

Comment

Louise,
                        Thank you for another wondeful post. So much of this struggle is mental and keeping a positive outlook as much as possible. Yes, the glass is half full instead of half empty.

A few weeks ago, at Christmas, you started a thread asking us to name five people with whom we would like to share Christmas dinner.Several members responded with a variety of interesting names. As I frequently do, I signed off with the intention of thinking of my response and posting later. Christmas came and went and when I signed back on after a few days Christmas dinner was but a distant memory.

I did think about who I would have like to share Christmas dinner with and the answer was YOU. Your posts are always filled with such pearls of wisdom and humour. I can't look at your cat without smiling. I found myself at the grocery store looking at limes to see if there were any big enough to form a helmut for my cat. Not to worry, I eventually abandonned the idea and continued on with my shopping.
                        When the cat is on my lap I do find myself flattening his ears to see if he will show me the same expression ... to no avail...... darn it!!!!

Thank you.

Janet

Comment

Absolutely Fantastic! It's nice when all is right with the world and the world is a little clearer and brighter. :h
                          Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

That was such an inspirational post . . . as always!

Congratulations Louise. Ditto about always smiling at your avatars!

OK - No Boredom just good stuff today!

Comment

Well done Louise.:crowned:
                              Enough is enough

Comment

Working...
                              X