• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FLOSSIE HAS 1 YEAR AF !!!!

Way to go Flossie. So happy for you!

Comment

Flossie I am so proud of you :goodjob: well done you!! (and thank you for all the support you have given me too :l)
      Taking it ODAT

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS FLOSSIE!
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

:yougo::yougo:CONGRATS ON 1 YEAR AF FLOSSIE :yougo::yougo:
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Flossie;1250314 wrote: Dear All,

Thankyou all so much for your lovely words, I can`t believe that I have
            actually got here as I never ever though at one stage I could make one
            day AF let alone a year so this is such an amazing feat for me and
            shows me that I may be actually stronger than I thought I was.
            I would if I could like to thank everyone of you as even though I may not
            get involved too much I come here everyday and read as much as I can as it is all
            your stories and lives that show me how much we have in common and it is
            at least 99.9% of the reason I am where I am today being AF as this site
            has been such a help to me and without it I think I would still be in a bad place.
            I am an addict in more ways than one, I have beaten the cigs and the weight
            and now the AL so if I can do it please believe that you can too.
            Much Love Flossie xx
            Your words tug at my heart Flossie in more ways than you will know. Congratulations!! Sorry but I think you should take more than .01 percent of the credit and it looks like your faith may have had a piece of that too. YOU ROCK!!
            Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Congratulations Flossie!

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Congratulations Flossie! What a fantastic achievement - to have given up cigs, AL and lost weight - you are amazing!!:goodjob:
                Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

I have beaten the cigs and the weight and now the AL so if I can do it please believe that you can too.
                  That is incredibly wonderful! You are an amazing person. Your triumph makes me feel more powerful over my own addictions. Thanks.
                  Ginger

You are here:
                  sigpic

Comment

Once again I thank you so much for your lovely comments.

Only problem now is I may be a saint but I sure am boring :H :H :H

Much Love Flossie xx
                    Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

Flossie - did you ever find a drunk who was actually interesting?! Dont underestimate your saintliness
                      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

Flossie! I was out of town all week I'm so sorry I missed your day on Tuesday, but here is my sincere congratulations of one year! Can you believe it? I can not....I feel like I just started out. It has been one heck of a ride...so glad we made it together here!! I couldn't have done it without this board. Here's to another 30 years AF! Much love, Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

A late congratulations to both Byrdlady and Flossie on one year A/F. That's 365 days to my four. You two ROCK.
                          Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                          ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Only problem now is I may be a saint but I sure am boring
                            Flossie, I can sure relate.............but, the beauty of it is..........I don't care if I'm boring because I feel so good.:H:H

Comment

Congratulations flossie on your one year alcohol free, great job :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

:thanks:

Much love Flossie xx
                                Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

Working...
                                X