Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that AL is gone, so are all my friends.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! thanks again everybody... I suppose I just need some words of encouragement and some cheering up, which I got from reading your thoughtful replies. Everything you guys have said is so true.

By being AF, I'm changing from the only thing I've known for the last 10+years, so re-evaluating my relationships will have to be a part of my recovery. Thanks for making me realize this. I just assumed friends would stay friends, but I guess not, and I'm okay with that now. I need to cut those ties with my alcoholic friends and keep working on my recovery. I should work on new relationships and be happy with how far I've come in my fight with alcoholism.

Rusty that web site sounds awesome thanks! And you were spot on about Canadian youth drinking culture! Especially hockey players.. It's actually disheartening to know how popular drinking is here and the high rate of alcoholism. Good luck with your goal, I'm sure you'll make the cut in no time. I'll definitely remember that story about your co-worker! looking like he didn't have a soul sounded scary! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks everybody! I learn so much from each and everyone of you, I really appreciate it. I'm glad I found this wonderful site with all of you wonderful people! It sure makes an AF day much easier...

boh
    http://www.aahistory.com/days.html

Round 1 - AF/NF Sept 29, 2011-June 23, 2012

Round 2 - AF/NF October 6, 2012-December 2012

Round 3 - AF/NF January 5, 2014 - ????

Third times a charm!

Comment

good to see boh u sound so much more positive and yes this is the best site in the world. even though i am still conquering my drinking and have only managed 20 af days since november they are 20 days i would not have had. Australia is a great drinking country, nothing like a bbq and al, lots of al.
      stay strong and keep posting it is great to hear your story.
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Australia is a great drinking country, (if you aren't a problem drinker). nothing like a bbq and al, lots of al. If you like feeling like crap, and regretting all the bad stuff you can remember, and puking up the bbq later in the evening.

Fixed that for you!

The reality is there is nothing like a bbq, the food, the good company, and being able to enjoy the fun without having to rely on drinking the poison that brought me to this forum. Alcohol has enough BS commercials on TV, we don't need them here.

Comment

Working...
        X