almost a day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

almost a day

I've almost made a full day. It's been months since I have gone without a drink in the AM and years without at least one drink for the day. I did not take my run.....I love to run and then have a beer, I did not work in the yard. Yard work and beer go hand in hand. I did not cook dinner because you can't cook without a glass of wine. Instead, I have been reading and taking in all the posts all day.... my hind side hurts from sitting all day! So for all of you who were there for me this morning, I did jump in and I know I can swim for at least 20 hours now.
    I am open to any advice.

almost a day

Hi

Hi there well done for taking that huge first step the only advice i can give is keep on going it gets better and better :goodjob:

Paul..

Comment

almost a day

Just keep hanging in there. There are a lot of things that I had to avoid doing my first few days as well. It does get easier as the days go on. You will feel so much better believe me!

Comment

almost a day

Dear Brook...sending you a bean bag for the butt!!!! Well done....every step forward is a BIG one....(metaphorically obviously in your case!!!) fab fab and more fab...I was like that my first couple of weeks here....every minute was spent on the net...it DOES get easier...just let the mind get into it's new groove...keep going!!!!

Mornin A F M and alphie...a devon boy...I am an oggyite too!!!! Born in Plymerrrfff

Comment

almost a day

Thanks for the encouragement guys and gals. I am starting day 2.....still learning all the lingo and waiting on my book to arrivie. I think that will help. Are there any other books you might suggest???

Comment

almost a day

Dear Brook :welcome:

Well done. .

The only book I have read in relation to alcohol is Allen Carr easyway to control drinking. I did find that at times the author does drift off, but I still couldn't put the book down. For me it was as if a light bulb had been switched on in my head. By the time I got through half way through the book I didn't even want a drink.

In the meantime, do keep reading posts on MWO as you will find them a great motivator.

Mandy x

Comment

almost a day

Dear Brook,
              congratulations on getting started. Yeah, I remember the butt thing too. Just get a big pillow. Wish you all the best for todays journey.
              Babble on peacefully Brookie,
              Lori
              *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X