Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What vitamin's do you take?

HI all,
    I am sitting here putting my vitamins in their daily containers for the week and i wonder what vitamins does everyone take. After years of AL abuse i need to reintroduce some healthy supplemnets.

here's my list but i would love some advice on which ones and the quantity

I take daily

B12 - 2 mg
    B complex - 300mg
    A - 3 mg
    C - 1000mg
    omega 3 - 1414mg
    milk thistle - 250mg
    E - 400mg
    folic acid - 1mg

and my daily antabuse...

Does anyone take magnesium? People who abuse alcohol are at high risk for magnesium deficiency. one symptom can be muscle cramps, which i get all the time. but i am not sure on whch ones to take or if they interact with any i am already taking.

caper
    caper
    AF since Sept 2013...
    :alf:

Caper - I take magnesium for leg cramps and shin splints......that don't bother me nearly as much when I dont drink......go figure!!!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I take all one, milk thistle, calcium magnesium, fish oil, l glutamine. For high blood pressure I take Hawthorne berry and co q 10.

Comment

thank you, I have an entire drawer full of expired vitamins etc, which I must clean out and then start a regime, you have given me the push to start.
        Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
        If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
        November 2, 2012

Comment

hey wally, that sounds great, but make sure you check those expiry dates... i had a couple that i had to replace... i had vitamins from 2009... LOL

Mama,,, how much MG of Mag do you take?
          caper
          AF since Sept 2013...

Comment

Ha Caper moi aussie
            A few from 2009, many from 2010 and some that expired the spring of 2011, none current. sigh....but I did get that cupboard cleaned out and "that's a good thing"
            Now I will have to restock and then take them!
            Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
            If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
            November 2, 2012

Comment

looking for peace;1253479 wrote: I take all one, milk thistle, calcium magnesium, fish oil, l glutamine. For high blood pressure I take Hawthorne berry and co q 10.
              Good choices Peace. Ya'll should always start with a good multi and fish oil. Another good supplement for liver protection and lungs too for you smokers is NAC. I take a probiotic regularly, VitC regularly, greens and protein powders fairly regularly.
              Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Wally22;1253557 wrote: Ha Caper moi aussie
                A few from 2009, many from 2010 and some that expired the spring of 2011, none current. sigh....but I did get that cupboard cleaned out and "that's a good thing"
                Now I will have to restock and then take them!
                I take stuff that's out of date all the time. No more than a year past expiry for vits/mins and longer for herbals.
                Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

thanks everyone.. some good ideas.. definitely have to get some magnesium.

caper
                  caper
                  AF since Sept 2013...

Comment

Working...
                  X