Underoos and Affiliates, February, 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

byebyebridgetjones;1254454 wrote: I hardly ever touch my horticulture books any more. Easier to just Google.

Funny you should mention that. I was sitting in the library the t'other day and realised I hadn't touched any of these books for years
    . This is just the General Reference section, more specific Cookery, Art Books etc. are somewhere else. My first port of call nowadays is Old Mrs. Google. But I can't bring myself to get rid of them because just sitting near them makes me feel brainy.

Comment

Hiya Inchy - hope you're managing to get some sleep.

Happs - I can't wait for your girls to get all their feathers back. Poor buggers. I bet they've never had dust baths before. And I'm thinking that might be a 'Peace' rose.

Where's Raggsy?

***vroom***

Comment

I was wondering where Raggsy is too.

Lovely library TF!! When I win lotto I am going to have a house that is big enough for a whole room to be given over to books and comfy sofas :-)

Happs - do the chooks grow back their feathers evenly all over their (poor wee mistreated) bodies, or does it start in one place?

I subscribed to the garden link too Bridge, but I rather think that "NZ - temperate zone" doesn't really apply to Wellington :H I have harvested exactly one tomatoe this year off five plants!!! In fact I managed to catch a cold yesterday while I was working out - got caught in a downpour and an associated southerly wind. Apparently the temperature dropped from 21 to 15 in the course of about 4 minutes :upset:

Off to offer my congrats to KTAB on the Army thread ..........
        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hiya Kids,
          Congrats KTab!
          Hya Inchy, nice to see you again!
          HP, you're a brave one, no coffee. Lovely photos.

Well, made dinner last night. HUbs looks at it and says it doesn't look good, so he won't have any. UHm, @#$% you. He was acting like a child. Then he was mad at me for being upset because of all the effort I went through. Anyways, new day. Orf on a 3 hour round trip journey to buy baby travel set at one third the retail price. See yous all soon!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Miss Behaving;1254489 wrote: I was wondering where Raggsy is too.

Lovely library TF!! When I win lotto I am going to have a house that is big enough for a whole room to be given over to books and comfy sofas :-)

Happs - do the chooks grow back their feathers evenly all over their (poor wee mistreated) bodies, or does it start in one place?

I subscribed to the garden link too Bridge, but I rather think that "NZ - temperate zone" doesn't really apply to Wellington :H I have harvested exactly one tomatoe this year off five plants!!! In fact I managed to catch a cold yesterday while I was working out - got caught in a downpour and an associated southerly wind. Apparently the temperature dropped from 21 to 15 in the course of about 4 minutes :upset:

Off to offer my congrats to KTAB on the Army thread ..........
            Don't know about Well-y but this has been one of the worst years ever for veg growing esp tomatoes. Flood, drought, flood, drought.... When you think of all the effort we put into these little Earth Mother exercises.
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

sunshinetoday;1254493 wrote: Well, made dinner last night. HUbs looks at it and says it doesn't look good, so he won't have any. UHm, @#$% you. He was acting like a child. Then he was mad at me for being upset because of all the effort I went through. Anyways, new day. Orf on a 3 hour round trip journey to buy baby travel set at one third the retail price. See yous all soon!
              I know the poor guy must be very uncomfortable, but don't they get the 'man flu' syndrome going on?:upset:
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1254517 wrote: Don't know about Well-y but this has been one of the worst years ever for veg growing esp tomatoes. Flood, drought, flood, drought.... When you think of all the effort we put into these little Earth Mother exercises.
                funniily enough, I found a second tomato today - what a score :H:H

And apart from the weather, I haven't been paying as much attention to the pathetic piece of ground that I call my garden as the house is going to be painted in March. So in the expectation of it being given a rough time through that, I've just been putting in lots of fast growing stuff that we can harvest quickly, and some cheap and cheerfull pansy's, petunias etc. Once the house is painted some serious plans can be made And I am totally over bark chips down pathways!!

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

sunshinetoday;1254493 wrote:
                  Well, made dinner last night. HUbs looks at it and says it doesn't look good, so he won't have any. UHm, @#$% you. He was acting like a child. Then he was mad at me for being upset because of all the effort I went through. Anyways, new day. Orf on a 3 hour round trip journey to buy baby travel set at one third the retail price. See yous all soon!
                  Sunny, that is crap! Probably Bridge is right about him being uncomfortable after his op, but it would have been nice if he acknowledged the effort that you had made.

I hope you are able to tell him how you felt about what he said, and to say it at a time when things are calm on the farm. When Mr B sometimes does stuff that makes me makes me cross or hurts me, my strategy is (a) no escalation (b) but make sure that I dont compromise on anything that we have already agreed is important (c) work out what got to me and how we might have done things differently and (d) have a discussion when we have both calmed down about all of the above.

Hope I'm not telling you how to suck eggs. :l I've just been things a lot about the give and take of relationships over recent weeks as I ruminate about how my personal ability to make decisions about things that I expected to be within my control are now being influenced by others - some of whom I am happy to accommodate, but some of whom I am not.

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

So - I've just checked and Raggsy hasn't even logged on since January 25th. Now if it were anybody else, I'd prolly worry but knowing Raggsy, she's most likely off yak wrestling in Outer Mongolia or something.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1254596 wrote: So - I've just checked and Raggsy hasn't even logged on since January 25th. Now if it were anybody else, I'd prolly worry but knowing Raggsy, she's most likely off yak wrestling in Outer Mongolia or something.
                      Wonder if shes having problems logging on? She was going sailing on Australia Day and its not like her not to post piccies...

Missy, chook plumage is all over the shop, the two in the picture were in the worst state though.

Sunny, I didnt get far giving up morning coffee....had a bowl of it...seriously....but no afternoon caffeine for me...

Comment

Does anyone have an electric wok?
                        I think I want an electric wok.
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1254603 wrote: Does anyone have an electric wok?
                          I think I want an electric wok.
                          Yep. Got a Sunbeam Stainless Professional and throb it to bits. Gets outrageously hot and burnt-on gunk is really easy to clean off. It's also really good on a low setting for slow cooked curries, etc.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1254605 wrote: Yep. Got a Sunbeam Stainless Professional and throb it to bits. Gets outrageously hot and burnt-on gunk is really easy to clean off. It's also really good on a low setting for slow cooked curries, etc.
                            Excellent. I'm getting one.
                            Stir fries are the business for lunch, and you could bubble away a stroganoff etc in it too, yes?

Also I want a Dyson.
                            I really want a Dyson.
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

And what about a pilaf. You could do that too.
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1254606 wrote: ..... and you could bubble away a stroganoff etc in it too, yes?

Also I want a Dyson.
                                I really want a Dyson.
                                Yes.

Just a thought ... ring your local Retravision and see if you can still screw an Australia Day deal out of them - on the wok and the Dyson. It's worth the phone call.

Comment

Working...
                                X