Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos and Affiliates, February, 2012

Hi there Sunny,
    I must admit, we haven't been having a very happy culinary time, but we'll try a couple of other places and see how we go. But we're going to do a fair bit of home cooking from now on too. MrRags has just cooked me a lovely brekkie.

Hmmm, maybe 2014 we want to travel the east side of the US for 4 weeks, then year after do middle and west side.
    So, I reckon you and I could work out some restauarants to go to.

Comment

Cara;1257495 wrote: Hi everyone!

Thanks for the new welcomes- Rags, aspman, Miss Behaving, tawnyfrog , Guitarista, MumofTwo, byebyebridgetjones and coriander (sorry if I missed anyone).
      Myhappyplace ? I only take vitamin D and B1 for supps. I took Milk Thistle for a while but only about a month.

While many people are low in vitamin D, and it doesn?t necessarily have to be an al related problem, I?m pretty sure the years I racked up becoming more and more reclusive and avoiding the real world and sunlight did contribute.

When my D levels were tested about a year and a half ago they were so low that they couldn?t actually get a reading. They are back at nearly normal levels.

I also take a med- Campral.

I was tested and also had ridiculously low vit D The doc was v. concerned. I'm outdoors a bit but cover up when gardening etc so I wasn't getting any sunshine on myself. Also, office work for a zilion years didn't help either. But I don't have rickets!!! :H

BTW, vitamin D is a cumulative poison..... it's what killed all those Antarctic explorers when they ate their dogs' livers. Too much vit D you die, too little you get rickets.
      Just get out in the sun for 20 mins a day

Comment

OK out of here on a snowmobile ride courtesy of the teddies.

Comment

Sorry, had to nightmare a bit, but back. A STIFFY place is one with all stiff waiters, menus, napkins, etc. Reservations usually required. But at least the food should be adequate. Don't frequent those places meself, unless on the company bill. Also don't do 'All You Can Eat' buffets.
          Sorry, all you happy people, I've had a very trying morning with extended family problems. But I'll do my best, and this too shall pass. It's a beautiful day here.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Good Morning.
            Last night I tried out my new memory foam pillow.
            It smells like a petrol bomb.
            That is all.
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning Bridge - erm, shame about the pillow. Did it make you sleep well? Now that I know a stiffy place isn't a mortuary, I admit I enjoy the occasional visit to such establishments. Have a good day, all Undies, kids and pets.

Comment

Happy Wednesday everyone!! I hope you all have a fabulous day and that things happen to make your heart glad.....just sayin.....feeling warm and fuzzy so HAD to share it around.....

Hugs, Nicey.
                It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                Mother Theresa

Comment

MOrning All,

Rubes, hope your day gets better. Stiff places are alright as long as the food is good. I don't really care where I eat as long as the food is good, but I do frequent stiff places some times.

Bridge, I bought a memory foam for hubs for Christmas, I prefer my pillow to his, but it's still nice.

Rags, I forgot to mention the ski story was a classic. I used to live 90 minutes from Lake Tahoe which has a variety of ski resorts. So many amazing memories, both lovely and humiliating. Yes, and it sounds like the town has horrible quality of food, which is a terrible misrepresentation of our culinary culture.

Morning TF and Nicey!

Orf to the doctors, and then work. Have a beautiful day!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1257770 wrote: Good Morning.
                    Last night I tried out my new memory foam pillow.
                    It smells like a petrol bomb.
                    That is all.
                    What if you air it and then put a pillow protector on it? Or go pick some lavender or rosemary and put it in the pillowcase. I've got a down pillow that smwlt of chook (or duck) for a while.

Sunny, Rubes, It's OK. I realise I've just chosen badly with eaten establishments so far.

Comment

rubywillow;1257723 wrote: Sorry, had to nightmare a bit, but back. A STIFFY place is one with all stiff waiters, menus, napkins, etc. Reservations usually required. But at least the food should be adequate. Don't frequent those places meself, unless on the company bill. Also don't do 'All You Can Eat' buffets.
                      Sorry, all you happy people, I've had a very trying morning with extended family problems. But I'll do my best, and this too shall pass. It's a beautiful day here.
                      PHEW! Glad you sorted out the definition for us. I was thinking along different lines to Tawn... like..... wanker......

Take everything easy Rubes, and as you say, it will pass.

Comment

Snowmobile pics later tonight (my time)

Comment

Morning Undies! Having a productive morning workwise and about to clean the dogs ears....thats about as exciting as it is today as yet...posts this morning making me smile...off and into it!

Comment

Morning undies..wishing everyone a safe and happy wednesday.

Love reading all the posts and getting to know you all. I am back at work today, so wont be able to post everyday as I cannot access these boards from work. but will try read/post as much as I can.

Time to get kiddies up and off to school and me to work

I am in a good place Jo

Comment

Good to hear Jo!

Rags, not sure on pricing on Spirit House, we went to a function there and it was beautiful. Friends of mine did the cooking school thing and stayed at Eumundi - the markets there are good and twice a week from memory.

Thanks to Undies on the supps info....I think I've switched one addiction for another. Not even going to share what I'm sucking up...

Comment

Rags;1257884 wrote: What if you air it and then put a pillow protector on it? Or go pick some lavender or rosemary and put it in the pillowcase. I've got a down pillow that smwlt of chook (or duck) for a while.

Sunny, Rubes, It's OK. I realise I've just chosen badly with eaten establishments so far.
                                Now YOU must explain 'eaten' establishments.
                                Feeling better, had a short nap, Hubs is in the house and has been out playing with Ninny the nanny goat, so world is tilting back the right way. I'll do my best for cousin, have already sorted out some of it, and the rest will work itself out in some way.
                                sigpic
                                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                                X