Underoos and Affiliates, February, 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to have to re-learn how to multi quote... Im taking up heaps of space!

We are in a bland motel in Nowheresville aka Bishop, Ca.. But at 4,000 ft altitude, we can both breathe. It's 8:30 pm and Mr Rags fast asleep. I will follow very soon.
    Had a bland meal at a bland restaurant.
    But had interesting chat with a sports store salesman.

As I am in the areaI want to see if I can find and photograph a Bristlecone pine. May have to hire a car to do so. There is a walk to a grove? of them here somewhere but while it is only a 6 mile return walk, it takes you up over 10,000 feet. So that is not going to happen. Drat... so near and yet so far.

I find myself still getting on hands and knees with GLITZ in hand doing my floor rather than using my steam mop. I will continue with my steam mop retraining though.....

Shoes on the table is a no no for me. And I get the shits when I'm wearing white slacks and some shitty litle teenager has their grubby feet on the seat on the train. Easy to see I'm not a mother!

OK off to beddy bye for now. See you tomorrow.

Phew...A big load off my shoulders. Thanks for your patience and your wonderful support.

A very thankful Raggsy....

Comment

:l:l:l to you Raggsy.

And an extra one for Mr Rags :l
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

tawnyfrog;1261342 wrote: Happiness is a newly-sharpened chainsaw.

***vroom***
        Agree.

I have 2 spare chains for each of my chainsaws.
        Do you sharpen them yourself?

I have the files ( 2 different chain saws), but find it a bit tedious at times.

Comment

Thanks Missy.
          Am rooly off to bed now.

Comment

PS Rags - the multi-quote botton is right next the quote one :-)

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Night Rags. Sleep the sleep of the blessed ones.

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

OK I'll practice multi quoting tomorrow....
                See you.
                And thanks.

Comment

Nighters Rags ... I'm sure glad Mr.R is travelling with you and not a 20-year old Acrylic Nail Artist. Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

Comment

Ellaq;1261377 wrote: My mother is incredibly superstitous. She does the magpie thing as well and at first she was driven demented everytime she came to Australia and was forever doing this thing with her fingers to break the bad luck. She eventually came to the conclusion that australian magpies don't count.....way too many of them.

Edited to add that 1 magpie means bad luck and 2 magpies together is supposed to be goodluck.
                    Ella - I had never heard of superstitions associationed with Magpies! But I just looked up wikipedia and learned a whole lot of things I never knew before!!

European Magpie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now what I would like to know is whether Australian magpies look like the ones in the wkipedia article or not. Ours aren't very glossy, and generally look quite messy. But then again that's pretty much how our humans look too :-) (I say this having had a lunch-time conversation with two friends - one an Indian immigrant and the other a French one. Both talked about what they liked about NZ and both said that it was the informality ..... but it sounded to me like what they were saying was that we dressed really badly :H:H)

off to pilates .........

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Missy - I don't think the magpies are related at all......I think australian magpies are actually related to crows. That is why they walk around so much and I think they are bigger here too. Must research this again.

Dressing badly is good........it automatically makes everyone much more relaxed. I am already stressing about clothes, make-up and hair straightening before I make my trip home.

Comment

myhappyplace;1261368 wrote: I'm all for style du jour....but my du jour has seven seasons in une jour....I start all calm and nice after my 5am yoga then after I've stepped in cat poop, prised chickens from places unimaginable, chased the dog down the street in my jammies and burnt stuff when I wasnt even aware I was cooking - I wake the little slackers with a snarl....even writing "unconditional love" on my hand as a reminder isnt working....

Must consult with Expatty - reckon its a load of French merde to make us feel inadequate...like we need help...

Nup.
                        I'm going French......

??a suffit!?

??a suffit!?

....that will be my refrain.....

'I am a woman first'

That will be my mantra......
                        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1261411 wrote:

??a suffit!?

??a suffit!?
                          Pretty much the same as

??a stuffit!?

??a stuffit!?

Comment

tawnyfrog;1261412 wrote: Pretty much the same as

??a stuffit!?

??a stuffit!?
                            It'll be 'move out and and live in your Ca' before too much longer.....
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Is it time to spend their Take-away money again?

Comment

tawnyfrog;1261412 wrote: Pretty much the same as

??a stuffit!?

??a stuffit!?
                                :H
                                I hate to say it-but the article on French parents is true. I don"t envy them at all though. Is it wrong to say I don't like French children very much- in general? They are lacking in natural "kid-ness". Very irritating.
                                A good read that some of you might enjoy-Almost French by Sarah Turnbull. An Australian writer who describes the cultural differences....really funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X