Underoos and Affiliates, February, 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Expatty ... I was hoping you'd chime in.

When I was there last I was talking to a bloke from the Oz Embassy married to a French woman. He commented on how very 'high maintenance' his wife was. Really interesting stuff.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1261415 wrote: Is it time to spend their Take-away money again?
      Hmmmm.....yes...I believe it is.....although, as I am now a French mother I won't be getting fat, and shall be having multiple affairs, so I believe it will be spent on manicures and the like........
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1261420 wrote: Hmmmm.....yes...I believe it is.....although, as I am now a French mother I won't be getting fat, and shall be having multiple affairs, so I believe it will be spent on manicures and the like........
        Ok...its time to get in touch with our inner Frenchness....am making them walk home from the station tomorrow....and will re think spending money on a tutor in order to have a facial....why do I feel guilty even THINKING about doing it?

Hi Expatty! I was hoping you'd pop in....I've seen that book, must reinvestigate...

Comment

Evening all, Long day again, as is tomorrow.
          Met a lovely customer today who is getting married tomorrow to an American woman, man was he excited.

Rags, it's a shame you guys are not staying longer. I would have sent you to my parents place in Sacramento. It's only 5 and a half hours from where you are now. Then when you guys got there, I would have had them take you to all the good eats. Yum Yum! Glad you both are safe.

I don't think I am a mopping kind of woman. My mom is obsessive compulsive in the cleaning department, and I try my best to maintain cleanliness without going to extremes. When she visits she cleans things that annoy her and then plays dumb about how things are so clean. It is obvious though when all the cutlery is in the wrong section of the drawer.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Afternoon/Evening Undies

Hope everyone has had a spiffy monday Work done and dusted for another day. Am going to try an convince my hubbie that we need another dog..and maybe get one of Corries pups when they arrive (after mating that is LOL)..what this space

Ellaq;1261377 wrote: My mother is incredibly superstitous. She does the magpie thing as well and at first she was driven demented everytime she came to Australia and was forever doing this thing with her fingers to break the bad luck. She eventually came to the conclusion that australian magpies don't count.....way too many of them.

Ella - my MIL is super super superstitous, dont put shoes on table, never cross knives, only ever give a wallet as a present with a coin in it etc etc etc. I have learnt many over the years

Rags;1261388 wrote:
            We are in a bland motel in Nowheresville aka Bishop, Ca.. But at 4,000 ft altitude, we can both breathe. It's 8:30 pm and Mr Rags fast asleep. I will follow very soon.
            Had a bland meal at a bland restaurant.

OK off to beddy bye for now. See you tomorrow.

Phew...A big load off my shoulders. Thanks for your patience and your wonderful support.

A very thankful Raggsy....
            Raggsy - I am so happy that things are looking up for you and that Mr Rags is on the mend (even if you are in Nowheresville). Wishing you a enjoyable last few days of hols and a safe trip back.

sunshinetoday;1261428 wrote:
            I don't think I am a mopping kind of woman. My mom is obsessive compulsive in the cleaning department, and I try my best to maintain cleanliness without going to extremes. When she visits she cleans things that annoy her and then plays dumb about how things are so clean. It is obvious though when all the cutlery is in the wrong section of the drawer.
            Sunny - me too, I do only what is needed to keep it clean. However my MIL is obsessed. They stayed here for 6 weeks a couple of years ago and my house gleemed and shined like it never has (and has not since they left LOL). She cleaned everyday, vacumed everyday. Gosh I wish she could live with me full time

So I have a superstitous, cleaning obsessed MIL (whom I love to bits). Pity they live is Scotland!

Enjoy the rest of the evening undies, see ya in the morrow

PS I have no intention of mopping, nor do I own a steam mop :H

Jo

Comment

myhappyplace;1261424 wrote: Ok...its time to get in touch with our inner Frenchness....am making them walk home from the station tomorrow....and will re think spending money on a tutor in order to have a facial....why do I feel guilty even THINKING about doing it?
              That's my girl....Now let's get you a striped swing top and some skimpy undies...and perhaps a little beret`.......
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hi Undies,

I haven't had a chance to catch up on this thread until now, but I wanted to check in.

Rags- Sorry to hear about Mr Rags.

Comment

Hello Undies. Rags this happened to my husband - twice. Had to be flown out to Seattle. They did tests and surgery and it was scary he was in ICU. I'm glad the clot is dissolving. I too get altitude sickness at 8,000 ft.

Hopefully they will give him something to relax him on that lon
                  g flight home.

Hi to all the other Undies and have a good one.

Special hugs and strenth for Rags and Mr. Rags.
                  Enlightened by MWO

Comment

SKendall;1261542 wrote: Hello Undies. Rags this happened to my husband - twice. Had to be flown out to Seattle. They did tests and surgery and it was scary he was in ICU. I'm glad the clot is dissolving. I too get altitude sickness at 8,000 ft.

Hopefully they will give him something to relax him on that lon
                    g flight home.

Hi to all the other Undies and have a good one.

Special hugs and strenth for Rags and Mr. Rags.
                    Thanky you SK. Gee it's a long long time since we've chatted! Must rectify that when I get home.

Undies is the only thread I've been on for a while, so I need to cruise and catch up.

Meanwhile.......

Comment

This is the view from our motel in Nowheresville.....

And though we only occasionally use it at home, it is a culinary lifesaver overseas....
                      And no, I didn't eat my crusts, and I don't care if my teeth will grow curly.... I regularly sleep with a dentist.

AND the cutlery is flimsy plastic... as if I'm going to sneak up on the receptionist and say "take this motel to Reno ...."

Asked at reception about seeing a Bristlecone pine..... It is very overcast down here and sbowing on the range... where the trees are. She said no way would we be able to geta vehicle up there. Bugger.

Other things that are so near and yet so far away.
                      Yosemite NP, Bristlecone pines, Reno is acouple of hours drive way,
                      LA is 275 miles away, and
                      Death Valley is just down the road, probly 50 miles away but no direct road in.
                      And would you believe the adjoining county is called Esmarelda? Whisch is no sillier than Mono county, where we are.

Going for a walk through town. May find a rusty razor blade to slash my wrists to ad a bit more excitement to my life in this dreary place. This place isn't as interesting as Holbrook which at least has a submarine! Leigh Creek wuld be a god comparison on the dreary scale.

MISSY:
                      There's a sports store here that sells ICEBREAKER.. NZ may be a tiny dot in the Tasman Sea, but your influence is world wide.....

Comment

tawnyfrog;1261396 wrote: Nighters Rags ... I'm sure glad Mr.R is travelling with you and not a 20-year old Acrylic Nail Artist. Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

This is mr Rags (if you look closely you can see the difference in the keystrokes) OMG you mean I'm not married to a twenty year old blonde bimbette??
                        I must get my eyes tested again, but then again maybe the glasses should stay as they are; the effect is stunning.

Comment

Good morning Rags and Mr Rags!!

Mr Rags, if you are posting, does that mean that you are feeling a whole lot better??
                          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Morning Kids,
                            Happy Valentines day to all of you loves. I picture TF saying GaCK.
                            Orf to work to cover my shift and someone elses. So having a sleep in tomorrow to make up for it.
                            Hope you all enjoy this beauty of a day.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Rags;1261603 wrote: This is mr Rags (if you look closely you can see the difference in the keystrokes) OMG you mean I'm not married to a twenty year old blonde bimbette??
                              I must get my eyes tested again, but then again maybe the glasses should stay as they are; the effect is stunning.

If your eyes are that bad mate, you better make sure you're actually travelling with a woman.

It could end badly, if you will.
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Mr Rags....you are sounding a lot better.....

Hiys Hiliary, good to see you here.

Hiya Cara, hope you're getting on OK.

My French mothering is not progressing so well. I just stood in the boy's doorway and shreiked 'Car Stuffit' to get him out of bed and he told me to get medication.
                                I'm sure the French progeny don't respond like that.
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X