Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos and Affiliates, February, 2012

MHP,

Thank you for that. I have to say that any good that exists within me comes from being raised and loved by my mama and dad. They are the ones that taught me what love is.

It is so hard to watch them go but in the end, I am grateful I can help them.

Sorrow and gratefulness mixed, if you know what I mean.
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

myhappyplace;1266402 wrote: I've jumped out of skulk mode to have a little whinge...how come someone who's sick can still find the energy to get onto ebay to buy - ta da - a metal detector....but not just a metal detector a "sensitive metal detector deep treasure hunt target snoop finer waterproof". I do not lie....the postage was $30 and he "won" it for $10...I think the fever's really got him...if he buys the matching hat to go detecting I will introduce the citizens divorce rule...
      eek
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Is he planning on using this to find treasure?

I know my husband bought one years ago when we bought our property. He used it to find the property stakes. I personally thought the survey was sufficient.

It sits in my closet now, taking up space. Haven't used it for years.
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cinders;1266403 wrote: MHP,

Thank you for that. I have to say that any good that exists within me comes from being raised and loved by my mama and dad. They are the ones that taught me what love is.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. Had the same myself.

Comment

Cinders;1266406 wrote: Is he planning on using this to find treasure?

I know my husband bought one years ago when we bought our property. He used it to find the property stakes. I personally thought the survey was sufficient.

It sits in my closet now, taking up space. Haven't used it for years.
            And no, better than treasure. He found a tap down the very end of the yard and hes now trying to work out where the pipes are that lead to it so he can have it reconnected and rigged up with his hooley dooley rainwater tank system. I guess it beats him digging holes for the chooks and me to fall into...we might never get out...

Comment

Aaah, he's an engineer (either in reality or at heart) and is trying to solve a puzzle.

That, I can completely relate to. Hubby often spends way more money doing something himself we could have had done for half the price.

It keeps him busy, though, and happy, so I just keep quiet and kind of smile.
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hiya again Underoonies. Having a wee peek at the boards before I get back to work.

Rags - sending strength and calming thoughts your way.

Saucy - I hope they find out what Mr. Saucy has and get him on the proper medication ASAP.

Missy - glad things have been arranged for that weekend. It will be so much less stressful for all of you that way. I hope you and Mr. MB and his son have a wonderful time.

:wavin: to the rest of the Undies.
                Cinders;1266403 wrote: MHP,

Cindi - I had already moved to Greece some years before my Father died and I wasn't able to be there to help out during his last few weeks. It made me sad that I couldn't give back some of the love and care that he had always shown his family. I did get the chance tho' with my Mother-in-law and although I was sad to see her mind go slowly (dementia as well) I was, as you are, grateful that I could be there for her and care for her the way she had always cared for her family. It is very difficult to see our loved ones mentally go a little bit further away from us every day, but it is the few times that the cloud clears and their sun shines even briefly that makes it a little bit easier. Just knowing that you are there and can share those times with her and that you will have those precious memories to look back on will lighten your sorrow. You are a good daughter and a strong woman and I know you will get through this. Just lean more on the grateful part. It is a blessing to all of you that you are able to be with them during this time.

And don't forget to take care of yourself, Cindi.

Stirly
                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Yes thats it. You understand then. This kind of busy is giving him a happiness and content I havent seen for years. Love it.

Time for me to jump into bedders. Will be thinking of you and hoping for the best for you and your parents for your day ahead and those to come. xx

Comment

X-posted Stirlygirl, your posts always make me smile for some reason.

Comment

Nighters, MHP. Have a restorative rest.

Stirly, your response is exactly why I posted. I needed to reach out to someone who understands the complexity of the situation.

Thank you for sharing.
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

myhappyplace;1266422 wrote: X-posted Stirlygirl, your posts always make me smile for some reason.As long as they don't make you larf. :H Wishing you the sweetest of dreams.
                        Cinders;1266423 wrote:
                        Nighters, MHP. Have a restorative rest.

Stirly, your response is exactly why I posted. I needed to reach out to someone who understands the complexity of the situation.

Thank you for sharing.
                        It's a difficult, complex situation, especially for you and your Father. So difficult for him to accept that his life partner is slowly sliding into oblivion and that he is losing her and her life-long support. My guess is he's afraid of what his life will be like without her, especially at the age he is. Change will not be easy for him. And difficult at times for you to watch her struggling to find the words she wants to communicate with those around her. And to watch him struggling in his denial. You are strong and within you, you have the strength to deal with that and your Father's upcoming surgery and your Mom's sliding further and further away. You have taken a lot onto your shoulders Cindi, but I know you are there to care for them because you know it is something you must do, both for your parents and yourself. You will get through this and the grateful part will well outweigh the sorrow. Please keep us updated on how you are all doing.

And again, take good care of yourself.
                        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Cinders,
                          Just wanted to say I am thinking of you. It is wonderful that you get to be there for your mom at this time even though the circumstances are not good. Good luck today. My grandma had Alzheimers for over 10 years. I remember one of the last trips I took her to the hospital the doctor asked her age and she said 45. She was 89. We both chuckled a little.

Hiya Haps and Stirly girl!

Nighters all.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Mornin Kids,
                            Can't sleep so I figured I might as well get up and ready for work. Lots of rain coming down here. Hope you all enjoy your days, and may they be good ones.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Morning Sunny and all to come,

Quick fly-by from me - off to Ballarat for the day, catch youse all tonight.

Be good.

Comment

Morning to the drawer.
                                Looks like we're all on the fly-by the last couple of days.

Cindi I really feel for you, and your parents of course too. How amazing to have spent your whole life with one person.They must know each other as well as any two people possible can. Your Dad must be unable to envisage life without your Mum. How great that you've got the opportunity to help her on the final leg of the journey. You must be exhausted Cindi, so get as much rest as you can.

Looks like we have another leadership challenge on our plates Roos........nil comment.......
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X