Underoos and Affiliates, February, 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

myhappyplace;1268202 wrote: Waiting for my lift....one of the girls I dropped home last night, who I got rid of first and who I thought was going to hit her head on the dash....her hubs is driving us and its two hours to sporting activity...
    Jeez it's uncomfortable to watch, isn't it? Like the Frog was saying re Cloudstreet DVD the other day. ANd I keep thinking that it looks bad, but I was SO much worse, and it happened all the time.......no sense in obsessing over it I suppose. DOne now.

tawnyfrog;1268203 wrote:
    It's weird to think that summer is nearly over - doesn't really feel like we've had much of a one. Or is that just me?
    No we got out of it easily this year, I hate the heat, I'm grateful.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hiya boys !!!!

Techie, I reckon the last couple of years, neigh decade, that you've experienced would have tested the patience of a saint. Surely it's time for some peace and quiet on the other side....you've earned it.

G man, you sound great. Good to have the old G bloke firmly back in place.
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Thanks Bridge. And hi there Mr. G !
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

techie;1268227 wrote: Thanks Bridge. And hi there Mr. G !
          No seriously. I often think of you and the profoundly devastating experience that you had in New York that ultimately bought you here to us. Losing a friend, and the other unimaginable things that you must have seen that day. I often wonder if I myself could have come back from it.
          Then to have further trauma with a very serious road accident, and difficult recovery fraught with set backs......You really do give me faith that we are much more resilient that we give ourselves credit for. I find you highly inspirational, but Jesus I hope that's it for you on the trauma front!!!!!!:H
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1268232 wrote: ... but Jesus I hope that's it for you on the trauma front!!!!!!
            Yes, Techie. We don't like drama queens!

Very happy that you're home again, Techie and on the way to making full recovery. Yikes - if I had to leave my car at the long term car park at the airport for all that time, I think I'd have to take out a second mortgage to bail it out. Will you keep golfing? OK - going to talk to old Mrs. Google about Sedona ... (Good to have you back)

Mr.G - try and knock some sense into them, all of them, on Monday will you?

Comment

tawnyfrog;1268237 wrote: Yes, Techie. We don't like drama queens!

Very happy that you're home again, Techie and on the way to making full recovery. Yikes - if I had to leave my car at the long term car park at the airport for all that time, I think I'd have to take out a second mortgage to bail it out. Will you keep golfing? OK - going to talk to old Mrs. Google about Sedona ... (Good to have you back)

Mr.G - try and knock some sense into them, all of them, on Monday will you?
              Did you mean drama kings? Yes I will be golfing again after I totally recover. The one BIG plus for me was being in fairly good shape. It helped me recover quickly. It's the total hip replacements that keeps folks down for a while . I had an epidural vs. going totally under. I did wake a few times asking the surgeons what they were doing. The Anesthesiologist asked me if I wanted to take a snooze, I said yes. Everything was via the IV, no tube down the throat stuff. The good thing about the epidural was I was back in my room after 10 mins of post op recovery.

the parking expense will not be too bad. Thank dog I wasn't lazy and parked under cover at the terminal. I think It's about $10/day.

I'm going to give up the triathlon stuff completely. There will be plenty of outdoor activities that I can do. As I said before I'll swim and ride the bike, but not push it. I may even buy another kayak.

You would absolutely love Sedona.

Techie
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

hey guys, how is everyone this morning??? I am starting on baclofen today...campral just wasn't working so talked to the quack and we are going to give this a go....wish me luck
                Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

Morning Undies

I had some challenging news yesterday and I grabbed my hubby's beer and took a swig. Then I realised that al wasn't going to solve or help my problem, so I stopped.

Boycie....I don't take any drugs as I usually react to side effects on everything I take.

Technie .....you are so upbeat, I don't know that happened to you in the past but you seem a very resilient person.

Comment

Good luck Boycie!

Techie, I wanted to name our child Sedona if we had a girl, but hubs said no even though he used to live there. We agreed on Adelaide if we have a girl. Though I'm pretty sure there is a boy in here. Anyways, watching my husband go through the recovery process and on going surgery's even now, I know how much character and strength it takes. You must be as strong as the Sierras. Do what you can and don't push yourself to much. That Enchantment Resort looks amazing. You deserve it!

HIya Gster, Bridge, TF, Haps, Ella, and all to come. Good to see everyone in here. I am off to get a walk in, and visit my friends a bit later. My Parents will be here in one week and I CAN NOT WAIT!!!! It's been 18 months since I last saw them.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

boycie;1268316 wrote: hey guys, how is everyone this morning??? I am starting on baclofen today...campral just wasn't working so talked to the quack and we are going to give this a go....wish me luck
                      I'm very well here thx Boycie. All the best with the bac. Do you know our Reggie has some experience with bac too?

techie;1268310 wrote:

You would absolutely love Sedona.

Techie
                      I think thats a hint Froggy........Let me translate. He's offering you an all expenses paid night or 2 in Sedona.

Ellaq;1268321 wrote:
                      Morning Undies

I had some challenging news yesterday and I grabbed my hubby's beer and took a swig. Then I realised that al wasn't going to solve or help my problem, so I stopped.
                      Exactly. Boozing on never solves anything. It delays our response to the situation and just prolongs our stress. Total, full on, hopeless, hapless negativity and extended, unnecessary drama all round. Hope you're okay there Ella. Your 21/22 days is fantastic. Keep it going friend.

Morevellous day on the coalface here. New punters gathered around the guitar chatting, singing, and learning a couple a chords. Who's the richer for it? Me i reckon.

It's about 54c here i reckon. Have a beaut evening. Thanks Jonesy. I feel goooood. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

sunshinetoday;1268325 wrote: Good luck Boycie!

Techie, I wanted to name our child Sedona if we had a girl, but hubs said no even though he used to live there. We agreed on Adelaide if we have a girl. Though I'm pretty sure there is a boy in here. Anyways, watching my husband go through the recovery process and on going surgery's even now, I know how much character and strength it takes. You must be as strong as the Sierras. Do what you can and don't push yourself to much. That Enchantment Resort looks amazing. You deserve it!
                        Hey Sunstar!

A pregnant friend of mine didn't wish to know what gender the kid would be, but during an ultrasound, the baby was positioned such, that a set of yer male crown jewels were as prominent as you like! hehe..... (good on ya kid)

Hope you're okay there and as relaxed as you can be. Best wishes to hubs with his recovery.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Arvo Undies! Just scraped myself up from the lounge after a nana nap where I nearly ate the cushion...I dont survive well on 3 hours sleep and then junk food and car trips. Having said that had lovely day and didnt carry on like princess for much of it. Techie its lovely to see you back posting from home. Looking forward to piccies. And what Bridge said. :l

Had a good night last night. And much as I dont talk about not drinking much I'll just say its funny coz I'm finding this easier and easier. Its been a struggle this last week worrying about Mr Happs and a few other bits going on with the locusts but I didnt think of using the old crutches. Its been easier and easier to use all the new tools to stop myself so that these become my new habits and support. I still came here but my need is changing. Its very nice to be the new me.

Sunnygirl I would love to see the scene at the airport when your folks come in. It'll be like something out of Love Actually.

Comment

Arvo Undies,

Cheeses Happs - don't know how you can do anything after only 3 hrs sleep. I'd be a basket case. The new you is sounding most contented. Noice.

Sunny - ditto Happs - it would be such a buzz to see you all at the airport. I think there will be tears.

I've been thinking about Missy and hoping that the weekend at the boy's school is not too stressful. And, like Mr.G said, it's 54C and I'm trying to ignore it. Well ... 34C but at 6.15pm that's still a tad too hot.

So I've spent most of the day talking to old Mrs. Google. Is anybody else increasing their geographical knowledge just by being here on MWO? Had a wonderful time checking out Sedona and those awesome red sandstone formations. Even found they run my favourite form of transport - open cockpit biplane - to take in the magnificent views. And of course then you have to check out the restaurants ... and whoooosh ... there goes another hour of your life.

Not too stressed about it though - I did bake another one of those blackberry pies in the early hours of the morning which will be most welcome with a giant dollop of ice cream later tonight.

So often, when I've got nothing to say, I re-read my post and delete it rather than blah on about nothing. I'm not going to do that today.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1268511 wrote: Arvo Undies,

So often, when I've got nothing to say, I re-read my post and delete it rather than blah on about nothing. I'm not going to do that today.
                              Please don't delete!!!!
                              Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
                              If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
                              November 2, 2012

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1268232 wrote: No seriously. I often think of you and the profoundly devastating experience that you had in New York that ultimately bought you here to us. Losing a friend, and the other unimaginable things that you must have seen that day. I often wonder if I myself could have come back from it.
                                Then to have further trauma with a very serious road accident, and difficult recovery fraught with set backs......You really do give me faith that we are much more resilient that we give ourselves credit for. I find you highly inspirational, but Jesus I hope that's it for you on the trauma front!!!!!!:H
                                thank you so much :l

Comment

Working...
                                X