Some prayers would be appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My husband has had a best friend since he was 18 months old. They lived across the street from each other and spent their entire childhood together. Through the years, as they got older and got married and had children, they have always made a point of getting together on April 21st, the anniversary of the day they first met many, many years ago. Sadly for the last 10 years my husband has had to celebrate this anniversary with his friend at a nursing home. You see, his friend was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis 15 years ago at the age of 35. It was the chronic progressive type and sadly it progressed much faster than anyone predicted. His wife divorced him because she was not up to the challenge and so there he has sat for the last 10 years, alone, in a nursing home. His roommates are usually 80+-year-old men who have Alzheimer's or some other debilitating illness BUT they are 80 years old or older, and Jeff is now only 50. My husband just called to tell me he had stopped by the nursing home to visit him today and they are rushing him off to the hospital with end-stage MS pneumonia. His pulse ox is only at 74% which means he is having extreme difficulty breathing. I am so sad and scared for him. He has been through so much. And then is makes me feel worse that here I am, a healthy able-bodied woman who whines and complains that I am having drinking issues.

Be grateful, people, for your health and all you have. There are many out there that are not as fortunate.

Please keep Jeff in your prayers...........
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Oh Lusch
    I am so sorry for your husband and his poor friend. I am praying for Jeff today.
    You just put life back into perspective where it belongs. I'm going to quit my whining now. I love you.
    Jen
    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Lush,

I will keep Jeff in my prayers. I have a friend who is 38 and has had MS for 5 years now. She has started to feel numb in her legs recently so, she and her husband picked up and moved to a tropical island so they could enjoy life and eachother before she gets any worse. MS is a raw deal to be dealt when you're young.
      Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

So sorry to hear this Lush. I will have Jeff, your husband and you in my prayers. And ditto to what Jenneh said. Take care. Boo

Comment

Oh Lush, my thoughts and prayers are with you, your husband, and his dear friend.

I really appreciate what you say about life, sometimes it isn't as bad as we think.

Love & hugs to you all, Paula xx :h :l :h
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Lush,
            Thanks for the reminder to keep things in perspective. Jeff, your husband and you are in my prayers tonight
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

They are in my prayers...
              It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
              James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Lush, how very true... sometimes we need to remind ourselves there are people who are a lot worse off than we are. Thanks for putting things into perspective.

I will be praying for you, your husband and his friend. :l

Comment

Lush I am so sorry. You, your husband and friend will be in my prayers tonite as well. Look after yourself.

:l :h
                  "What I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it."
                  Catherine Pulsifer

Comment

Lush,

My prayers to Jeff and will keep good thoughts.:h My best friend/mentor is in the same situation: she was diagonosed about 10 years ago. Same path: nusing home and husband divorced her (he couldn't understand why she objected to his having a girlfriend...go figure).

Much love and all good thoughts to you and yours tonight.

Gloria

Comment

Lusch - is everything ok?? Please let us know
                      I am worried
                      Love Jen
                      Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Hi Lush,
                        I am thinking about you, your husband and your friend. I think we should all do a day per week of volunteering at the long term ward of the local hospital to remind ourself how truly luck we are - we still have a choice.
                        Love all
                        Lori
                        *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Lush, you and your family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sammys

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words. Hubby just called and they have his breathing under better control now, but he is still SO weak. This poor guy has just been dealt such a shit hand in life and it truly breaks my heart. His memory has gotten so bad he does not know his kids. My husband is about the only person he knows because he has known him his whole life. I never knew MS could be this bad. He apparently has a very, very bad strain of it. We have had one other scare a few years back where we thought we were going to lose him and so this really freaked me out today. And yes, Lori, you made my point. "We" have a choice in our health right now. Some people do not have that choice and someday we might not either. Now we do.

I appreciate all of you and will let you know how he fares.......XOXO
                            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, You became man and died on the cross for our salvation. You healed people of sickness and affliction through Your love and compassion. Visit Jeff, Lord and grant him strength to bear this sickness with which he is afflicted, with patience, submission to Your will, and trust in Your loving care. I pray that You will bless the means used for his continued care and those who administer them. For You are the source of life and comfort and to You we give praise and glory, now and forever. Amen.
                              :h :h :h :h

Comment

Working...
                              X