Wicked Headaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wicked Headaches

For the last 4 days I have had the worst headaches ever! I feel good in every other sense, but these headaches come on like a bulldozer! I have been drinking tons of water, as usual, and take some Motrin, which helps, but was wondering if any of you have experienced this when you went AF? I m at day 14, but these started on day 10.

Wicked Headaches

I have headaches also . Mine start whenever I have been AF for a few days. Motrin helps.

Comment

Wicked Headaches

Hi Accountable,

Yes I too have experienced headaches, I'm at day 12, I thought it was just a cold coming or something .....

Thought it was just me, so now I feel better knowing that someone else has it too.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not glad that you're getting headaches ..... just that it's par for the course with AF days ........

Paula :h :l :h :l
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Wicked Headaches

also have had headaches

Hi

I went off all sugar (including carbs, fruit and alcohol) 8 days ago.

On this no-sugar diet, you are told to snack periodically, like in morning and afternoon. i usually have a handful of almonds when i start feeling a headache come on. whatever doesn't have sugar in it.

sugar leads to highs and lows in your blood...

i am new to all this though, bear that in mind!

Comment

Wicked Headaches

YUP...the weemelonhead was a bloodygreatthumpingmelonhead for a few weeks when I started AF...I think its to do with all the toxins escaping the old bod, I felt like I had flu aches as well for a while, but they have gone now....I think you're doing the right thing, drink water, and eat fresh food...give the liver a good spring clean...they will go, but it will be quicker the more healthily you eat and drink.....

Comment

Wicked Headaches

Glad to know I don't have a tumour! Thank you all for sharing - I will cancel that catscan now! LOL!

Comment

Wicked Headaches

good point Pamelasue on the suger...it will really trigger headaches and other problems in otherwise health people. Accountable you may want to see that you're getting good dietary fats such as from omega3 fish oils, nuts, olive oil, avocado etc. it's funny but when I drank a ton I never got headaches, but about day 4 AF they start. you're doing great!
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Wicked Headaches

Thanks Determinator & ya all! Funny, I do eat very healthy. I am a big natural foods person. I buy all produce from the Farmer's Market close to my house and only eat lean meats and lots of fish. I was brought up eating this way - my mother gets all of the credit for that!

I also eat a LOT of fish, and take Omega 3-6-9 supps & other vits. Drink tons of water.... I, too eat nuts frequently. Shame how drinking just sabbotages all of this at the time anyway!

The sugar and carbs were never much in my diet. BESIDES Alcohol. SO my sugar and carb withdrawal was coming from that.

Sugar and refined foods don't sit well with me. Once in a blue moon I will pick up a big ol' bag of potatoe chips, but that is pretty rare too. (Usually during PMS)

I believe it was purely the alcohol leaving my system. I have been headache free for almost three days, which is a HUGE relief.

Comment

Wicked Headaches

oh, and pamelasue... how are you doing with your AF??? You are taking on a lot of change with the change in eating habits and drinking! Good for you! I too, don't eat fruit. I ate so many PEARS and BANANAS when I was pregnant with my little one - that I have been COMPLETELY turned off of fruit since having her. I try not to 'dry-heave' when I give my daughter a banana. The smell revolts me now.

Keep us posted on your progress! Your 8 days are an awesome start!!

Comment

Wicked Headaches

Hi Accountable,

I'm 15 days AF and I have been having headaches too.

I think of it like this: if you've been banging your head against a wall for a really long time, and then you stop... you're bound to get a headache, right??

I think it's the poor tired out brain repairing itself. So for me the headaches are a good sign (but I'd like them to go away now, please).

Gem
                    Free since 26th February 2012

Comment

Wicked Headaches

Oh Gem, I just love your sense of humour. 'Banging our heads against the wall for so long"... how very true. I am glad that the brain actually can repair itself - or we all would be in big trouble!!! Great work on your 15 days!!!!

Much love,
                      Accountable.

Comment

Working...
                      X