any advice on librium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any advice on librium

just been to my doctor today....tld him my story..

anyway he precribed my some tranquilsers called librium. i am prescribed 20mg four times daily then reduced by 5mg per dose every two days.
    just would like to know of anybodys experiences of librium and how they found taking it before i start to take it.
    thanks

any advice on librium

Librium, Well, I was told by my doctor to take 4 x 10 mg for 4 days, then 3 x 10 mg for three days then 2 X 10 mg etc So you wean yourself off them because they are jolly addictive. It's a ten day course, so you won't have withdrawals.

Good Luck, and take Care.
    XXX

Comment

any advice on librium

Cad,

I've never taken it but have heard it can be extremely helpful to reduce anxiety and withdrawal symptoms during your detoxification period. Just don't get hooked because it's supposed to make you very relaxed and you may like it too much so be careful!! Good luck!
      Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

any advice on librium

Hi Cad,

I'm currently on day 5 of my course of librium and they have been a life saver for me.....Im on day 5 AF and have had no withdrawals at all. Just make sure you reduce them as the doctor told you...that way your weaning yourself off them...thus avoiding addiction.

Good luck

Lou-Lou x
        "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

any advice on librium

Hiya Cad,

I did my 12 day course of Librium last June and didnt drink for the next 4 months....They do make you feel very relaxed but you have to respect them...My doctor wouldnt let me take mine at home...I had to go into a secure unit for 12 days.....

The thing is if you take Librium and then drink...The effects can be terrible...Very bad mood swings and even violence...So whatever you do dont drink while your on them...
          Having said that they are a brilliant aid to get you through those first couple of weeks..

Best of luck and let us know how you get on..
          I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

any advice on librium

In a response to this, I have ordered valium over the internet before, and the had the same effect as Librium. Does anyone know if this is a good idea, to order drugs over the net.

Liz xxxx

And P.S To Macks, they wouldn't let me take mine, on my own, Lee had to come to the surgery with me , and promise that he would supervise the taking of this, So , Please be Very Careful, and make sure you are not on your own Cad, and the same goes to Lou.

Comment

Working...
            X