Tempted...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tempted...

I'm sitting here staring at a bottle of my old nemesis...

I've got a great little system - I have a six-pack of O'Douls in the fridge so if the wife smells beer I can blame it on that. Of course, the only person I am really fooling is myself, right?

Man, booze is a bitch - but I haven't given in yet....
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Tempted...

dont give in, be strong for me today is my day one i need everyone
    It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
    James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Tempted...

AAthlete,

Hang on in there ..........

You will feel better in the morning if you don't ......

If you don't drink then you won't have the guilt, anxiety, hangover, sweats, worry, headache, ..... theres lods more that I can't think of quickly .........

Please be strong ............

Sending lots of love and hugs your way :h :l :h :l

Paula xx
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Tempted...

loads more even, not lods
        sigpicXXX

Comment

Tempted...

i apologize that was selfish, i just meant i am in the same boat, i am going to cook dinner and pop in a movie, maybe you can do the same?
          It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
          James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Tempted...

So far so good, any thanks for the words of encouragement - they mean more than you know...

The kicker is, I feel like a drink because I am absolutely wiped out from six days straight of heavy execrcise... Go figure!
            Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Tempted...

yeah but i bet you sleep better from the exercise, i use the same excuse, i exercise so i should "reward " myself, but in truth why should i poision my body with this horrible stuff and undo all the good i just did with the exercise.
              James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Tempted...

You're right - because then you wake up the next day and realize you've undone all the good you did through exercise... It's all about feeding your body afterwards so that it can repair itself.

Comment

Tempted...

exactly we want to feed it so it HEALS, not so it self destructs and hurts all the good we did, plus that great way we felt after exercise if now filled with guilt
                  James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Tempted...

Booze is a bitch, and makes you feel like on in the morning. Make your choice.
                    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Tempted...

You are doing so well - don't give in. You have done so well with the exercising too!

Comment

Tempted...

Hang in there AAthlete! I'm pulling for you! You're going to feel so much better tomorrow if you get through tonight!

Hugs,

Kathy:l
                        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Tempted...

Ditto with what everyone is saying. I know you are strong and can beat it. I know you are tired from exercising but maybe you should try a little walk to clear your head. We are all pulling for you.

Keep up the good work.
                          :l :h
                          "What I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it."
                          Catherine Pulsifer

Comment

Tempted...

Athlete...get RID of that nemesis, chuck it down the sink, give it to a neighbour...it can only stare back at you if it's in the fridge...!!! The cycling legs are looking so good after all that exercise...don't send them down the wobbly route!!!

The first few days of AF can be tough, don't challenge yourself unnecessarily by having that stuff around. You sound like you've had a good, healthy week,,,don't it feel GOOD?????? Keep yourself healthy my boy...remember that potential you were on about???? Keep going Athlete...........

Willing you on from the sidelines Weecheeringmelon xx

Comment

Tempted...

Okay - a minor binge but nothing serious. Took my son's Nerf Longbow and shot the hell out of the rest of it (childesh I know but still fun). Take that youo @#@*!!

Comment

Working...
                              X