Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Health news for those of us taking up tea instead of drinking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay here's a link on prevention.com. I have read this in a few women's health and fitness magazines also. So, in the longer term this new happen may help us cope with the day to day stresses that may trigger us to run for a cocktail or glass of wine. So, I think I'm gonna keep up the tea drinking. I only have coffee in the mornings. But all day I can do tea. It doesn't hurt I was born and raised in the south where we are given tea as soon as we can get off the bottle :H . Hope this helps some of you:
    How Tea Can Calm You Down

Hi Just,

I alos found drinking tea helps me. I have a couple cups during the day and usually a huge mug in the eveing. I usually drink decaf tea, green tea, sometimes sleepytime tea.
    Thanks for the letting me know about Prevention story I am going to read it now.:thanks:
    Take car.
    :l :h
    "What I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it."
    Catherine Pulsifer

Comment

Hi again,
      Just wondering have you ever tried black tea? I have never tried it and am wondering what it is like. I know green tea I find has an off taste for me but I drink it because it is good for you.
      Thanks again.
      Catherine Pulsifer

Comment

I think black tea is just your basic tea, like orange pekoe. If you don't like green tea (I don't really, either), Celestial Seasonings makes some great flavored green teas. One of my favorites is Blueberry Breeze. Bigelow also makes flavored green teas also, like mint. It makes drinking your green tea a whole lot more pleasant!!

Enjoy!
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thanks Youngatheart,
          I will check into Bigelow and celestial teas. I just find the green so bitter. I do light the Lipton green iced tea citrus blend.

Catherine Pulsifer

Comment

momof2boys wrote: Hi again,
            Just wondering have you ever tried black tea? I have never tried it and am wondering what it is like. I know green tea I find has an off taste for me but I drink it because it is good for you.
            Thanks again.
            Okay, I love black tea. You can get the cortisol reducing affects by black teas as the study said. Maybe something chemical happens during the fermentation process that give it the darker color. There are so many black teas out there. They have a less astringent taste than the green teas. You can find Chai spiced tea, Earl Grey, Orange spice black tea and many more varieties. Also Oolong tea is a black tea and has a milder taste. Of course there is the stand by Orange Pekoe tea that Lipton has made popular for iced tea. You just have to read the packages to make sure they have black or Oolong tea in the ingredients. I do prefer herbal fruity decaf teas or tissanes for evenings on my wired up nights. I suggest you try the new Lipton teas in the pyramid shaped tea bags(these all have black tea instead of the orange pekoe). I have fallen for the flavor Vanilla Caramel Truffle. It's yummy with a couple of packets of Splenda. They also have a Bavarian Berry flavored tea and one Called Black Opal I think?. I recommend the Vanilla Caramel Truffle. It has a mild taste and helps me when me sweet tooth aches. Unfortunately this morning I didn't make a cup before I ate some candy. All this talk of tea has me going to make a cup.

Don't get me wrong green tea is great. You just have to test different brands and flavors to find one you like. I"m not discounting the health benefits of those. I'm just also thinking about reducing those stress triggers that may drive us to look for something like alcohol to calm us down.

Comment

Thanks Just,

The Vanilla Caramel Truffle sounds fantastic, I am definitely going to try it.
              I do agree when I drink tea it does calm me and take my mind off the alcohol. I also went and made myself a cup of tea after all the reading.:H
              Catherine Pulsifer

Comment

momof2boys wrote: Thanks Just,

The Vanilla Caramel Truffle sounds fantastic, I am definitely going to try it.
                I do agree when I drink tea it does calm me and take my mind off the alcohol. I also went and made myself a cup of tea after all the reading.:H
                That's great. Yes the Vanilla Carmel Truffle is great. I can sometimes find coupons for it in my sunday paper. Hubby hasn't brought the paper home yet. So, I'm not sure if there is one for this week. That helps. But I figure it's cheaper than a bottle.........Hugs to you. I just got my water through the purifier. I use the PURE. It make the water in my area taste drinkable. So, I'm off to make a double cup of tea and then some later. Also the new Lipton Tea bags make a green tea version. I also have learned green tea is a bit more delicate than black tea. You need to brew it using water that is just about to reach full boil. Maybe that might help. I do love green to. I just need to make sure I get the 3-4 cups of black tea. I used to drink it all the time. I just got hooked on soda and energy drinks.
                Here's another link for brewing green tea:
                Teanobi.com: Proper Tea Brewing Techniques

Happy brewing to all........

Comment

Hi Kathy, where can you get the Blueberry tea? - I have Green tea, but it's not liking my palette. Too bitter.

Love you,

Liz xxxx

Comment

There is a Red Bush Tea from South Africa - no caffeine - and I like it - not very heavy taste.
                    Cheers

Cashy
                    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Instead of having my usual drinks in the evening, I am now drinking a double flavored green tea with a teaspoon of honey.

I just got hubby to try it tonight and he liked it!

Beginning another AF week with allowing myself to drink on Friday and Saturday.

Maybe someday I'll be a tea totaler.

:dunno: :whee: :woot:
                      :h :h :h :h

Comment

I'm turned onto the tea myself too. Allie actually shared a wonderful tip with me about this website that has specialty teas:
                        Teavana - Home

I guess they have the stores you can go to as well, but not around here. I just ordered some more from there I loved it so much! MUCH better than the stuff in the teabags. It's like Starbucks compared to Folgers or Diamonds compared to cubic zirconia:H whatever comparison you want to use!

The MateVana is my favorite so far. They also have white tea which is suppsed to be really high in those wonderful antioxidants.
                        Detoxing and cleansing is GOOD!

Comment

thanks for sharing that becca. I am so excited to order some........
                          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Crikes....I KNEW there was a reason for my being such a calm and well balanced individual......
                            I drink tea by the elephant bucketload (through my nose too!!!)

Ommmmmmm....Ommmmmmmm...

Comment

I've been drinking Arizona Asian Plum Green Tea. I bought a big jug of it at the grocery store, but you can get just a bottle of it at the convenience store to try, I like it because it's got a little teeny hint of a fruit taste which reminds me just enough of wine to satisfy me.
                              --
                              "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
                              -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

Working...
                              X