• Show
Clear All

Army Thread Monday 13th February

Folksies - see you in a bit. Zee fowl is ready
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I used to throb Mel quite a lot until I found out he was an anti-semitic bigot, then I went right orff him.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Och Mr JC is a quarter Scottish and very proud og it.

One of the funniest things I saw in a long while was when Black Bess stuck her nose up some poor Scottish lads kilt and had a good sniff.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1261653 wrote: Och Mr JC is a quarter Scottish and very proud og it.

One of the funniest things I saw in a long while was when Black Bess stuck her nose up some poor Scottish lads kilt and had a good sniff.
          :H:H:HLeave it to Bess....

Hiya Troopers!! Hope you've all had a fine day.

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

One way to get friendly with the locals, I suppose.

Yoooooooooooo hoooooooooooooo oh dark orchid one.:l
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Zenstyle;1261656 wrote: Did you hear the recordings of his phone calls with his missus when he's SCREAMING at her?
              Thank gawd no.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all

This housework lark is harder work than it looks. I'm all out of breath and I've strained something in my shoulder from vacuuming the lounge. I need a rest!

Just been reading back on the conversation about Scotland and couldn't help wondering.....why exactly DID you decide to leave Scotland, zenny?

Comment

Zenstyle;1261656 wrote:

Yooo Hoooo Stirls!!!
                  :wavin:

mama bear;1261545 wrote:
                  Stirly...are you ok over there in the madness of Athens??
                  Frankly, no. I absolutely hate it when they vandalize and burn our beautiful capital city. One of the oldest movie theatres was burned this time. Mr. Stirly and I used to go to it all the time. He'd gone to flicks there since he was a youngster. I'm fed up with all of this shite and the politicians and all the arses who have ruined this country's economy and especially with those who are bound and bent on pushing it even further down until we declare bankruptcy and go back to the drachma. I don't know much about economics but it seems that it would be very difficult for us to go back to the drachma. Especially as far as importing things from other countries goes. We could be self-sustaining to a certain percent but many things would have to be imported and with the drachma lower than other currencies, things like fuel which is already expensive would be even more so and would push the cost of everything else up. Maybe Reccie who's is very knowledgeable about these matters could shed a better light on it. And to borrow the bailout money we have to adhere to the restrictions leveled by the countries lending us the money and the Greek people are simply not willing to accept the restrictions - especially the ones that require the number of public servants to be lowered and wages and pensions to be slashed. It would mean very hard times ahead for the middle and lower income families either way, I'm afraid. Just a shite situation all round. Then to top it off we've got the fecking vandals who set 45 fires yesterday after looting the stores. Here's a picture of the building that housed the theater

And this is what it was reduced to.

A neo-classical building that was renovated some years ago and was considered one of the most beautiful film theatres in the city. It breaks my heart to see pictures of things like this. Many stores were looted and burned and the owners say they will not re-open this time. So they lose their business and their employees lose their jobs. Feck, feck, feck.

Comment

Hiya stirly , how's Mr stirly coping with being back at work? Are you managing to get some time off now and again?

Comment

one2many;1261528 wrote: Howiyis guys,

Just a heads up for those in Ireland, this is on tonight on RTE2

The Lois Wilson Story (2010, General Movie/Drama) Premiere. Fact-based drama about the wife of Alcoholics Anonymous founder Bill Wilson. She finds herself unable to help with her husband's drinking problem, until eventually he manages to control his behaviour on his own. Feeling a need to help others in her own way, she sets up a support group for the families of alcoholics. With Winona Ryder and Barry Pepper.
                      Thanks Oney, missed you posting this earlier.

Evening folks, home and hungry again :H
                      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

How very,very sad, Stirls.:l
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1261655 wrote:

Yoooooooooooo hoooooooooooooo oh dark orchid one.:lMissed that earlier. Busy typing a wee rant and all. :hallo:
                          Recluse;1261662 wrote:
                          Evening all

This housework lark is harder work than it looks. I'm all out of breath and I've strained something in my shoulder from vacuuming the lounge. I need a rest!
                          Hiya Reccie!! Actually, I hate housework and my two main banes are vacuuming and ironing. Vacuuming because it strains my back (all vacuums were made for people much shorter than I am. And ironing because it's fecking boring. Hate changing the sheets for the same reason as vacuuming - strain on the back.

Comment

I quite like house work...............she whispers.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I am sorry Stirly.....
                              and Mel IS a pig...but he used to be so handsome!!!
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I DESPISE housework too Stirls.....just come llok at my house!!
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X