• Show
Clear All

Army Thread Monday 13th February

Well perhaps it could be red.
    Coco

Comment

Oh you're demanding tonight me thinks.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Ok folks going to watch a dvd iu got from the library today called Brick lane and then bed. Back in the morning.

Comment

KTAB;1261762 wrote: Oh you're demanding tonight me thinks.
          Well after all I don't want people thinking I'm some kind of NUT, do it?
          Coco

Comment

KTAB;1261739 wrote: Thought you would like it Inchy.

Reccie, little or no chance of a default in Ireland imo.
            Evening tabbers

Ireland's debt is forecast to peak at 119% of GDP in 2013, see:

Irish debt manageable, not comfortable - central bank | Reuters

Historically, when a country's debt goes beyond 60% of GDP on average, the money never gets paid back in full. The figure of 119% in the above article probably does not take account of the possible need to further bail out Irish banks owing to losses they may sustain on their exposure to sovereign debt, the effects of higher interest rates during a credit crunch, etc etc. One of the problems is that banks and governments conceal their financial problems right up until the point when those problems can no longer be hidden, so we can never be sure what the real situation is. You may be correct about Ireland not defaulting (I hope you are!).....personally I think there is even some risk of the UK defaulting, though not in the immediate future :fingers:. I'm hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.

Edit: Hiya coco and foxy

Comment

stirly-girly;1261725 wrote: The good news is that older son proposed to his girlfriend and of course, she accepted. I say "of course" because she loves him to bits, as he loves her. I am so happy for them - they are just so suited for each other. And they are hoping to get married this year if they can manage to pull things together. Of course, it all depends on whether Mr. Stirly will need chemo or not and what condition his health will be in. Anyway, in spite of the negative factors in our life at the moment, I am trying to be as positive as I can. Shite happens. Life goes on.
              That's great news stirly! You must be very pleased. Does this mean you get to go shopping for a new outfit for the wedding?

Comment

Hi and bye Reccie - I'm off for the day. See you tomorrow!
                Coco

Comment

Coco-Nut;1261765 wrote: Well after all I don't want people thinking I'm some kind of NUT, do it?
                  Sure no one would ever think that coco.

Comment

Recluse;1261775 wrote: Evening tabbers

Ireland's debt is forecast to peak at 119% of GDP in 2013, see:

Irish debt manageable, not comfortable - central bank | Reuters

Historically, when a country's debt goes beyond 60% of GDP on average, the money never gets paid back in full. The figure of 119% in the above article probably does not take account of the possible need to further bail out Irish banks owing to losses they may sustain on their exposure to sovereign debt, the effects of higher interest rates during a credit crunch, etc etc. One of the problems is that banks and governments conceal their financial problems right up until the point when those problems can no longer be hidden, so we can never be sure what the real situation is. You may be correct about Ireland not defaulting (I hope you are!).....personally I think there is even some risk of the UK defaulting, though not in the immediate future :fingers:. I'm hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.

Edit: Hiya coco and foxy
                    Its strange times we live in Reccie with some cosmic changes taking place to the worlds economies. There is just no precedent for what is currently happening so I dont think the level of debt is necessarily unsustainable in the very long term and we could be talking decades here. Who knows what deals may be done on rates or even some debt forgiveness by europe. Bottom line for me is we have progressed well and really while we are but a tiny cog in the bigger euro currency picture, we just wont be let go under while the efforts that are currently being made and have been made over the past couple of years continue.

Stirly great news, many congrats to the happy couple.

Comment

Hi Zen, just off to my bed.

PS Reccie, with regard to Irish GDP this is indicative of current thinking

Govt promises 100,000 new jobs by 2016 - RT? News

Comment

Hi Army! Anyone want to sympathise with the muscle pain I am enduring . Since sign g up with DAMIEN the trainer? Spawn of the DEVIL ........ The pain - I cannot walk��

Comment

Hiya kiddos..

soo happy for you stirly babe...:h

not read much back so don't really know what to comment on..

KT I do hope you're getting on good with your job, and are happy with it..:l

Comment

Working...
                          X