Talk to me about the no sugar thing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started the program Yesterday, so today is my second day AF. Here is my question, I know I'm not supposed to have any sugar but would it be ok to have orange juice in the morning? I have never drank (alcohol) in the morning just after 5:00 and the sugar rush would be gone in a couple hours wouldn't it? My problem is finding some thing to mix with the powder that I can gag down. I hate tomatos so V8 is out of the question, any ideas? Food ideas would be good too, as this low carb diet is going to be hard for me. This is what I have for food ideas so far;
    Eggs
    Tuna Sandwich w/ whole wheat bread (yuck)
    Chilli
    Clam Chowder
    Salads
    Veggie plate for munchies

Any ideas would be great.
    "A fight is going on inside me, it is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves?. One is evil he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. The other is good he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. This fight is going on inside you and every other person, too." The grandson asked"Which wolf will win?" "The one we feed."

Hi Morningowl,
    The sugar thing is related to the fact that alcohol IS sugar to your body. Our body doesn't know the difference except that we don't get drunk on chocolate cake!

There is a whole lot of information in the research thread.
    CV's post are excellent.
    Chheck out the Recipe thread also.

:l Nancy
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

I understand why I'm not allowed sugar for the first 6 weeks, but what do I mix the all in one with? I tried the recipe thread and only got one reply and was told to mix it with fruit. That won't work in the first 6 weeks.
      "A fight is going on inside me, it is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves?. One is evil he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. The other is good he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. This fight is going on inside you and every other person, too." The grandson asked"Which wolf will win?" "The one we feed."

Comment

Morning Owl.... why is it you aren't allowed to have sugar the first 6 weeks????

Also, if it isn't a medical reason why, I honestly don't see any harm in having a glass of OJ in the morning. Especially to wash the All-In-One powder down.

Comment

I mix the All One powder with Crystal Lite - fake sugar.

Comment

I never heard this thing about no sugar...One of the things which kept me away from drink for the first few weeks was chocolate and lots of it...And yes, now I am addicted to that but I'm working on it, at least chocolate doesn't make me drunk all the time.....
            A F F L..
            Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

It's in the MWO program, the book say's no sugar or bad carbs. It has something to do with the glucose levels in your system and keeping the alcohal cravings down. Eating things with sugar in them can trigure cravings.

WwBarb that's a great idea crystal light, I will add it to my shopping list.

Comment

Wal Mart in Arizona sells its own brand of Crystal lite for less than 1/2 the price - that's what I use.

Comment

Oh right...I haven't read the book....Duh
                  A F F L..
                  Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

I read it and I guess didn't digest it all - I AM DUH!!!

Comment

I just ate three big sugar cookies, while reading this. I have not read the book either, I feel satisfied and fat right now.

Sammys

Comment

If you can't tolerate the allone any other way, by all means mix it with orange juice. But make sure that you eat some protein as well, like eggs or cheese, etc., so that your body doesn't get a sugar rush.

You also should avoid caffeine, but I can drink caffeine in the morning, as well. If I drink caffeine after noon, however, it does trigger cravings.

Good luck!!
                        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

I know this sounds weird to all of you but I mix all one with soy milk and a soy protein powdered product from a different company. It is like a thick shake, tons of protein and not really a sugared drink.

Comment

Working...
                          X