Army Thread 23rd February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whether you have stopped yet or not, I meant do not let this situation be an excuse to go mad.

I kind of know what I am talking about when it comes to "good" excuses.

You are here because you know you drink too much. Focus on whatever tools you need to make drinking a thing of your past.
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

sorry to change the subject (again) but my new custom made pretties arrived from the US today and I am uber excited...

I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

right now my dirnking is the least of my concerns, I've lost everything...
        I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Inchy,

I used to say that, too. "Drinking is the least of my worries." Until I realized that drinking caused most of my worries. The ones drinking didn't cause were the ones that required me to be sober to deal with.

Just a thought.

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Pingu,

Really cute earrings.

I only have one hole in each earlobe and am a bit old to start adding.

Additionally, I have such little style that I have my daughter or friends pick out my earrings and I end up with one pair I really like and wear them until broken or lost. Then I start again.

Not sure why I bother to wear them, tbh.

Very jealous of those with style.

I love the facets in the blue ones. What are they made of?

(Has anyone else noticed that it is common usage to end a sentence with prepositions? It would sound so silly to say, "Of what are they made?")

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

GOOD NEWS

Just a quick drop in from moi with some exceptionally good news...................

English Writer and his GF had their baby last night and

It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Cinders;1266914 wrote: Inchy,

I used to say that, too. "Drinking is the least of my worries." Until I realized that drinking caused most of my worries. The ones drinking didn't cause were the ones that required me to be sober to deal with.

Just a thought.

Cindi
                Inchy :new: and stilldrinking. If I could give my humble opinion from an 'ol one ?
                Please don't say you've lost everything. Find 5 good things you still have and focus for 1 minute on them when you at your lowest. I PROMISE things will get brighter & brighter as you practice this over the next few weeks :h

Comment

Cindi, not sure what they are, I'll have a look, they were made by a man in the US and sold on Etsy. They are 4mm plugs (which means they are thicker than normal earrings). I love them, they catch the light so nicely. And BTW you are never too old to get more holes.....

Inchy... hmm, I agree with Cindi here, I had a crap few years before I stopped drinking, and it was only when I stopped that I realised how much the drink was making it all so much worse
                  I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

Comment

Hi JC Pingu Cinders and Inchy. I just the news bout EW on fb last night. Once again congrats to them. Your earings look fab Pingu i have 2 piercings in both ears and a collection of earings as i love jewellery. I tend to wear only one pair not always two. I have a nose piercing also i wear a small stud. Inchy sorry to hear about ur fiancee i guess its best you found out now. May b u cud stay friends. Do u work r study? Drink will make it worse as Cinders said. At only 19 its gud your aware of ur drinking and come here for help. You have your whole life ahead of you i wish i been aware of my drinking problems years earlier but i am now and better late than never. Best get back and get so mething done around here house is a tip.

Comment

Cindi, they are glass with a dichro overlay, hand made in the US, very cool if you have stretched lobes

Firefox, I have 13 holes, soon to become 14 next month. I am a sucker for piercings. Replacing one addiction with another?!?

Everyone else... hello, I'm off to work now, singing and drumming with kids. I love it!

Comment

Hey up army, just reaqd back, J.C youi have to post a pic of u in ur wellies and scarf, naked , gardening in the Noocastle, lol

Inchy, were here if u need to chat
                        Satz: how ya doing, good advice to inchy BTW

and i have fecking loads of work for uni, what a big fat pain in the fecking butt
                        I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                        Audrey Hepburn

Comment

if anybody can hoenstly say that after beign with somebody six years, being engaged, loving them to death, planning a future and then finding out that none of thats going to happen they wouldn't think they'd lost everything, and they wouldn't even consider drinking then I'll quit tomorrow... but I'm pretty sure if ya'll are honest, you wouldn't be doing any better than me

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

I wouldn't drink, no matter what, because I have made a promise to myself that nothing in this world will persuade me to drink.....
                            But that's just me
                            I guess I have seen the sober life and I never ever want to go back no matter what

Take good care anyway.....

Comment

you might not drink, but you ahve been sober long enough to lay a foundation. I haven't even strung together a whole week yet, so yeah, I'm gonna get hammered and I don't actually care because I ahve just watched my whole world collapse, n I think I deserve some time to just be screwed up. I won't be checking in for a while, I'll be back if and when I'm ready...

Comment

Inchey I know it's difficult for you, were here for you
                                I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                                Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Working...
                                X