Army Thread 23rd February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O.K Inchey, it would be nice if you could post aand let us know how u are keeping
    I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
    Audrey Hepburn

Comment

In Chains;1266885 wrote: so... my finances gay. Fantastic.
      Better you found out now then when your married with children is it not ?

In Chains;1266889 wrote: unfortunately cindi I haven't actually stopped drinking yet... made a couple of attempts lately but I'm not exactly good at it xD
      Your as good as you want it to be Inchains,If i remember correctly you did 3 months AF a while back so you can do it if you really want.

In Chains;1266911 wrote: right now my drinking is the least of my concerns, I've lost everything...
      And by getting slaughtered drunk is not going to change that,It will only put you in a more depressive mood.

In Chains;1266932 wrote:
      if anybody can honestly say that after being with somebody six years, being engaged, loving them to death, planning a future and then finding out that none of that's going to happen they wouldn't think they'd lost everything, and they wouldn't even consider drinking then I'll quit tomorrow... but I'm pretty sure if y'all are honest, you wouldn't be doing any better than me
      I can honestly say that major events just as bad has effected me since I stopped drinking,and honestly can say that even though the thought entered my head, when thought fully through I knew it would not be worth it and drinking would be feck all good to me in my life.

In Chains;1266935 wrote:
      you might not drink, but you have been sober long enough to lay a foundation. I haven't even strung together a whole week yet, so yeah, I'm gonna get hammered and I don't actually care because I have just watched my whole world collapse, n I think I deserve some time to just be screwed up. I won't be checking in for a while, I'll be back if and when I'm ready...
      See you then Inchains but you will get through this :l life does and will go on.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

InChains;1266935 wrote: you might not drink, but you ahve been sober long enough to lay a foundation. I haven't even strung together a whole week yet, so yeah, I'm gonna get hammered and I don't actually care because I ahve just watched my whole world collapse, n I think I deserve some time to just be screwed up. I won't be checking in for a while, I'll be back if and when I'm ready...
        and on that I do agree, now I would not break my 11 months for the world, but I had some pretty shit stuff to deal with in the first 3 months which nearly sent me spiralling but I did not want to drink because I am a hard core strong minded cow... anyway I hope things become clearer for you in time and that you come back and post soon
        Much love
        Corinnex
        I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Hello army,

well done on getting the student problem sorted out, Mr T. Must be a huge relief.

Inchy....it's a tough time for you, obviously. Please try and check in every once in a little while so we know you're still alive.

Not been up long, cos my medication is making me sleep loads. Apparently it's 12C outside, so I really should go out and do some pruning before it gets dark...

Comment

Inchy What Mario said makes loads of sense. However, it seems to be a devastating situation but better you found out now.

Recluse what medication knocks you out like that?

Just been out for a little walk and it is 19 degrees!

Comment

Troopers, sorry to barge in like this without reading back over today's posts but I've got news that I just have to share. Mr. Stirly saw his surgeon today about the results of the biopsy from the cancer surgery. The cancer has not metastasized and he doesn't need any kind of therapy like chemo or radiation therapy. He only needs to have regular blood test done and a colonoscopy done on a regular basis as well. We are so delighted. He was sure that the cancer would have metastasized since we didn't know how long he'd had it and was very much afraid of what therapy he would have to go through. To say we are relieved would be putting it mildly. And I know that your thoughts and prayers helped us get through this and helped this wee miracle happen. Again thanks to all of you for thinking of us and sending positive thoughts and strength our way. :h to each and every one of you.
              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

that's so awesome....
                I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

Comment

It's risperidone, whizzy. 19C is amazing for this time of year!

The Etsy site looks interesting, pingu, I'd not come across it before.

Comment

stirly-girly;1267026 wrote: Troopers, sorry to barge in like this without reading back over today's posts but I've got news that I just have to share. Mr. Stirly saw his surgeon today about the results of the biopsy from the cancer surgery. The cancer has not metastasized and he doesn't need any kind of therapy like chemo or radiation therapy. He only needs to have regular blood test done and a colonoscopy done on a regular basis as well. We are so delighted. He was sure that the cancer would have metastasized since we didn't know how long he'd had it and was very much afraid of what therapy he would have to go through. To say we are relieved would be putting it mildly. And I know that your thoughts and prayers helped us get through this and helped this wee miracle happen. Again thanks to all of you for thinking of us and sending positive thoughts and strength our way. :h to each and every one of you.
                    How wonderful. What a relief for you all. It so great that he does not need Chemo or Radiotherapy. So pleased for you:h

Comment

Xpost, stirly, that's great news! Brilliant!

Comment

pingu1997;1267027 wrote: that's so awesome....
                        anon;1267031 wrote: How wonderful. What a relief for you all. It so great that he does not need Chemo or Radiotherapy. So pleased for you:h
                        Recluse;1267037 wrote: Xpost, stirly, that's great news! Brilliant!
                        Zenstyle;1267040 wrote:
                        That is FANTASTIC Stirly!!! What a relief!!!

Thanks, everyone. I really can't believe that Mr. Stirly doestn't need some kind of therapy. I've never heard of someone having cancer surgery and not needing therapy afterwards. I'm totally blown away and so very, very grateful.
                        Zenstyle;1267044 wrote:
                        Mouth reportage... mucho pain today... looks like the pain pills aren't working as well as yesterday and they've given me an upset stomach and, unbelievably, a headache.

I'm about to give in and head back to bed as moving around makes it worse.
                        Zennie - hope you can get some sleep and that you'll feel better when you get up.:l

Comment

Stirly, that is fantastic news!!! So happy and grateful for you :l:l:l
                          I'll do whatever it takes
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Sounds as though sleep is the best thing for you at the moment zenny.....hope you can get a few hours and feel better later.

Edit: Afternoon, Mr T

Comment

on my ownesome tonight so gonna do something fabulous with my nails.....

not sure what yet but I have plenty of stuff to play with

Comment

InChains;1266932 wrote: if anybody can hoenstly say that after beign with somebody six years, being engaged, loving them to death, planning a future and then finding out that none of thats going to happen they wouldn't think they'd lost everything, and they wouldn't even consider drinking then I'll quit tomorrow... but I'm pretty sure if ya'll are honest, you wouldn't be doing any better than meInchy - I can certainly understand why you feel that you've lost everything. You and your fiance were together a long time and from such a young age. Of course you feel like your world has just been pulled out from under your feet. It will take you time to accept this and adjust to being on your own. If I was going through something like that, I can't say that I wouldn't drink, but I can't say that I would. Honestly? At your age, I would have gone for the bottle, too. But being much older than you and having the hindsight that you may not yet have, I know that hanging out with AL isn't going to make any of the things that are so upsetting and difficult in your life right now any less upsetting and easier to deal with. It will, however, as we all know, make things worse since AL is a depressant and will pull you down even more psychologically. It may numb your pain for a few hours but when you wake up the next day, it will still be there and you'll have a hangover to deal with on top of the other shite.
                                InChains;1266935 wrote:
                                you might not drink, but you ahve been sober long enough to lay a foundation. I haven't even strung together a whole week yet, so yeah, I'm gonna get hammered and I don't actually care because I ahve just watched my whole world collapse, n I think I deserve some time to just be screwed up. I won't be checking in for a while, I'll be back if and when I'm ready...
                                Inchy - it's true what you say about not having the sober time you need to lay a foundation for getting sober. It would be extremely difficult for anyone to go cold turkey under the circumstances. So please, try to drink as little as possible and try and get some rest. We're all here for you whenever you feel the need to talk, no matter what state you're in. Please check in and let us know that you are okay. Most of us have kids your age and older. We all care about you. Please don't stay away from MWO. Sending :huggy's your way.
                                Stirly

Comment

Working...
                                X