Army Thread 23rd February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tiptronic_ct;1267050 wrote: Stirly, that is fantastic news!!! So happy and grateful for you :l:l
    Tipster - I read your post about the students and their landlord. WooHoo!! And your little celebration with Mrs. T. :goodjob::goodjob: Now maybe that room you're renovating would be a nice quiet office for you to get away from it all, now that the students will no longer be making a racket.

Hope your Mom is doing well and enjoying her visit with you and your family. :wavin: from Greece.
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

girly-girly;1267026 wrote: Troopers, sorry to barge in like this without reading back over today's posts but I've got news that I just have to share. Mr. Sterly saw his surgeon today about the results of the biopsy from the cancer surgery. The cancer has not metastasized and he doesn't need any kind of therapy like chemo or radiation therapy. He only needs to have regular blood test done and a colonoscopy done on a regular basis as well. We are so delighted. He was sure that the cancer would have metastasized since we didn't know how long he'd had it and was very much afraid of what therapy he would have to go through. To say we are relieved would be putting it mildly. And I know that your thoughts and prayers helped us get through this and helped this wee miracle happen. Again thanks to all of you for thinking of us and sending positive thoughts and strength our way. :h to each and every one of you.
      Brilliant news stirly :l:l

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

mario;1267069 wrote: Brilliant news stirly :l:l
        Isn't it Mario? We are so relieved and so very grateful. Hope you had a productive day.

I have to go out for a few things. Baccinnabit...

Comment

Awwwhhhh I want to say I am DELIGHTED with your news Stirly and Mr!
          That has made my day !!
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Awwwwwwwwwwwww Stirls, guess what I'm doing

It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

startingover;1267084 wrote: Awwwhhhh I want to say I am DELIGHTED with your news Stirly and Mr!
              That has made my day !!Thanks, Startypants!! - It made our day, too!!
              JackieClaire;1267086 wrote: Awwwwwwwwwwwww Stirls, guess what I'm doing

.:H Love it Jackie!!!
              mollyka;1267093 wrote:
              Stirly --- just doing a MAD quick dip in before dinner ---- I am absolutely delighted for you and MrS --- that is the best news, and such a relief to you and your family. I just cannot say how happy I am for you girl!!!! I'm smiling here as I type:goodjob::l
              Thanks, Molly. It truly is a blessed day for us.
              mollyka;1267093 wrote:
              Inchy, I really do have to look at the dinner -- but will be back in a bit if you're around. That is a really really hard situation for you --- truly I'm so sad - for both of you, to care about someone that much...... that IS tough. Just mind yourself sweetheart - and please dip in and out here and let us know how you are. I'm not going to lecture you about drinking - just be safe ok:l
              Inchy - what Molly said. Mind yourself and be safe. And please let us know how you are.

Comment

Yo Mollers,

Incheroo, couldn't agree more, love.

mollyka;1267093 wrote: Just mind yourself sweetheart - and please dip in and out here and let us know how you are. I'm not going to lecture you about drinking - just be safe ok:l:l:l
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1267104 wrote: Yo Mollers,

Incheroo, couldn't agree more, love.
                  Ditto to that too!:l Inchy
                  Stirly-so happy for you and your family! Great news
                  Evening Army x I guess my kids want food-better see to dinner.

Comment

oooooooooh let me think?

Go on you'll have to tell me?
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Oy. you had major mouth invasion so you're allowed a day of logging.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

expat3;1267106 wrote:
                        Stirly-so happy for you and your family! Great news
                        Thanks, ExPatty. Hope you enjoy your evening.
                        mollyka;1267112 wrote: Right, dinner had - just frigging gorgeous -- cooked by my resident chef, Zennie, sorry for not mentioning your mouth/teeth saga -- sympathies here, I'm gummy on one side now so may need to win lotto to get fixed I reckon:upset:
                        Had a loverly visitor into Balbriggan library today ---- ya'll never guess who looking pretty good for an old lady of nearly 40!!
                        No work tomorrow -- just heaven really - I'm knackered -- 5 weeks off did nothing for my stamina!
                        Must away to email Jilly, will be back in a bit!
                        Again :h to the Stirly's and Inchy, I'm thinking of you petAh Molly, what more can I say. Thank you so much for your kind words.

P.S. Did she curse at all? Not even a wank or a feck.:H
                        Zenstyle;1267118 wrote:
                        :H

(I knew who it was before I even got to the "40" part...)

Well, this is a waste of a day. I feel like a lump on a log!
                        Take good care of yourself and get some rest. Being a lump is good sometimes.
                        JackieClaire;1267122 wrote:
                        Oy. you had major mouth invasion so you're allowed a day of logging.
                        :H

Troopers, I am off to walk my Freddo and then to bed. Again, thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your thoughts and prayers. Wishing all of you a peaceful sleep and the sweetest of dreams.

Comment

Ahh Stirly I am so pleased for you guys, what a relief that must be.
                          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Nighty night, Stirls. I bet you'll sleep like a log tonight.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Inchy dear I really dont have any advice or words of comfort to add to what has been said here today. I know you are devastated and dealing with it the way all of us would have done in the past or indeed possibly still may if we had an earth shattering event like you have had, who really knows. I just hope you can find your way back to us, you have people here who are concerned about you.
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Stirly!! I am ******** OVER THE MOON for you and the Mr Man! FABULOUS news!

Inchy, my heart goes out to you girl, it really does, if you need a chat on FB, I am here xxx

Howiyis everyone else xx
                                "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X