2 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 years

Well, I have passed the two years sober mark. At times, I can't hardly believe it. I am so thankful for all of you, for your support and advice, and help.

I am now at the point in my sobriety where I just tell people that I don't drink anymore, and I am fine with that. I am an "out of the closet" sober person, and it is great.

I love my life. I love how my relationship with my wife is improving. I don't miss hangovers. I love the $ 3000 a year that I don't spend on booze. I love how my brain is working better and better it seems. I love how my kids don't see their father with a beer in his hand all the time.

I miss some of the comraderie of drinking with the boys, and late nights. However, those nights are directly tied to fighting with my wife, being hung over, drinking and driving, making really bad decisions that could end my marriage etc - so in the end, I don't miss those nights.

I am chosing not to drink. I know that I don't want a beer, I will want 15 beer. If you give a mouse a cookie...

Take care everyone. You can fight this battle too. Our enemy is a cunning adversary, to never be underestimated. For me, urge surfing, was one great tool I learned about here, that was of great assistance. In addition, writing and reading about alcohol, and my problems in MYO, was of tremendous importance.

Take care everyone
    Hill
    Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

2 years

Dang! I cant wait till the day I can post that same news.....what a great way to start off a morning, seeing someone with that much success at beating this beast!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1787605=6929-attachment.jpg[/img]
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

2 years

Hill,

First of all, Congratulations!!!!

Secondly, I personally very much appreciate any longtermers who post their success. Many just quietly disappear as their lives have improved and they no longer need the support to keep going.

It is important to let those just beginning and struggling that success is possible and it is within their reach.

I love the
      I am an "out of the closet" sober person, and it is great.
      statement. It speaks volumes.

Here is a sober toast to many, many more sober days.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

2 years

Well done!!

I like to read how everything improves - so much to look forward to!
        12-20-2012 AF
        Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

2 years

hillsidetime;1266892 wrote: Well, I have passed the two years sober mark. At times, I can't hardly believe it. I am so thankful for all of you, for your support and advice, and help.

I am now at the point in my sobriety where I just tell people that I don't drink anymore, and I am fine with that. I am an "out of the closet" sober person, and it is great.

I love my life. I love how my relationship with my wife is improving. I don't miss hangovers. I love the $ 3000 a year that I don't spend on booze. I love how my brain is working better and better it seems. I love how my kids don't see their father with a beer in his hand all the time.

I miss some of the comraderie of drinking with the boys, and late nights. However, those nights are directly tied to fighting with my wife, being hung over, drinking and driving, making really bad decisions that could end my marriage etc - so in the end, I don't miss those nights.

I am chosing not to drink. I know that I don't want a beer, I will want 15 beer. If you give a mouse a cookie...

Take care everyone. You can fight this battle too. Our enemy is a cunning adversary, to never be underestimated. For me, urge surfing, was one great tool I learned about here, that was of great assistance. In addition, writing and reading about alcohol, and my problems in MYO, was of tremendous importance.

Take care everyone
          Hill

Well done hillsidetime, great work on yourself keep well :goodjob:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

2 years

Hill, what a truly beautiful affirmation of what CAN be done! My best wishes to you and your family as you face a great, sober future!
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

2 years

:yougo::yougo:CONGRATULATIONS ON 2 YEARS SOBER!!!:yougo::yougo:

I REALLY loved reading about how your family life has improved. My relationship with my husband has just grown stronger and deeper since we finally sobered up. I wouldn't trade that for a night of beers with friends for anything! Congrats and I hope life just keeps getting better for you.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

2 years

:goodjob: HILL! YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION TO US ALL. 2 years from now minus 2 days I hope to be posting the same news. Thank you for being here for us all! :l
                Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                :h

Comment

2 years

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!...as we go along in our sober life we can always look back to what brought us here and be thankful that we as a group took that one step at a time to achieve what we are meant to do!... forever grateful to have found good friends who are here to show us the way and are still achieving their dreams!!...
                  :heart:AF since May 31 2008.....Happy and Healthy

Comment

2 years

Hi Hillsidetime! I remember you and just the other day I was thinking "I wish Hillside would let us know how it's going". And voila!

Congratulations - I'm so happy for you and thanks again for sharing your success and inspiring the rest of us. :l:goodjob:

Comment

2 years

Thank you for such a wonderful post! I imagine what it will be like to look back at two years of solid sobriety and all the good things that go with it. That must be AWESOME! I'm so happy to hear about your family. Even in a short time, my marriage has started to solidify. It's like trust is growing again instead of it always being torn down.

I'm so happy for your kids and for the freedom that you've found being "out" as a non drinker. Thanks so much for your post.
                      Ginger

You are here:
                      sigpic

Comment

2 years

Congratulations Hillslide!
                        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

2 years

Congratulations!! Well done!!

Comment

2 years

What a wonderful post! Thank you and congratulations! It's truly great to see someone with long term success

Wishing you the very best for years to come.
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

2 years

Hi,

Wow two years AF thats amazing.

A hugh congratulations to you and its people like you who make
                              me realise this can be done so thankyou.

Luv Flossie xx
                              Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

Working...
                              X