Was doing good until this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure whats happened but got really bad cravings last weekend. Now they have started again. Came very close to drinking on Wednesday, I didn't but I came so close it still feels like I broke my quit. I'm having cravings to drink but at the same time I don't want to drink it's weird.

Over the last few months I've become very afraid of alcohol. When I was in the shop and holding the bottle of wine in my hand I wanted it but I was thinking at the same time you know this crap causes cancer, this could be the moment where you choose life or death. That scared me enough to put the wine back and go home for now. Hope I make it this week.

I know that you can make it through this week af. It takes more than hope to stay sober. You have to work at it and set up a plan and stick to it. What are you going to do when cravings hit?

Great job btw. The longer that you stay sober, the easier it will get. I am 9 months sober now and sure I still get cravings, but they are weaker, and father apart then they were when I was at your point in sobriety. It does get better.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Tom, good job putting it down. Cravings are so natural. Our body is experience withdrawal just as our mind is. At some points it becomes more mental than physical, and I don't know which is harder. It's a battle, a change, a journey, but you're right. In many cases it's life or death decisions. I've lost at least a half dozen people who DIDN'T put it down in the store. Best wishes to you, and hang in there.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I stay away from alcohol aisles in the shop, it is only recently that I have been persuaded to buy the shit for other people
        If you have a plan to get through cravings (or as I used to call it the witching hour) then that might help?
        I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Well done for not letting the cravings get the better of you and drinking! :goodjob:

Those cravings are normal but highly annoying and you are doing very well fighting them

Try investigating the toolbox thread - it is a great help

And try not to 'hope' you will make it this week, you have the choice - and you will make it this week!
          You know
          you can do it!

I wish you all the very best...hope to hear how you're doing next week xx
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wildflower.
          Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
          And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm fine now, cravings have passed. Sorry for all the drama.

Comment

Working...
            X