• Show
Clear All

Army Thread 24th February

Who the fuck is Larry?
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Zenstyle;1267569 wrote: Tipps... Is your Mum starting to understand that he's an alkie? And is she chilling out and eating? Yer dad is smart still... clearly... so I hope he gets something out of the whole deal... fingers crossed. Have yous thought about what's next for both of them? They can't keep him there forever...
      I think the penny has dropped, Zennie.

As for what's in store for them: it isn't my marriage, so I'm not intervening. But my mom knows she can come and stay with us if it comes to that.

And yes, she's eating more and relaxing. Although the portions are positively bird-like still. I'm feeding her lots of choccies, though (I finally got a stash of Lindt chocs).
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I cannot imagine how the poor woman must feel. I bet she feels a mixture of relief and being a bit lost
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Zenstyle;1267575 wrote: I hope you're dealing with it OK too Tipps... Its not easy for you either. We'd like our parents to be invincible and the harsh truth is difficult sometimes...
          How true is that! I gave my mum such a hard time sometimes and she didnt deserve it

Comment

:cupajoe:Morning Starty Zennie Tipps and expat. Awake early so got a coffee an logged on. I love this tread its great to share and catch up with everyone the good and the bad:l to you all. Tipps your dad still sounds like a clever enough git trying to talk his way out of rehab but he didn't fool everyone. I hope your mum is doin ok but its when your dad gets out of rehab that it may be a bit difficult as he was reluctent to go in the fifrst place. May be they will get tru to him in there.

Comment

She realises what her choices are. Yes, they're difficult ones, so there won't be answers overnight. We'll see what comes out of the family session between the two them and the shrink.
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

:hallo: Foxy

I'm outside on a smokebreak - can hardly keep up on the phone
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

You are a wonderful son Tips. I hope my little one will be so kind to me when I'm old.:l
                  Speaking of Lindt...:h I bought some yesterday. It actually says on the paper-MAXI PLAISIR (maxi format 220 g) Lait pralin? amandes (whatever, milk chocolate with whole almonds and some kind of creamy praline stuff inside) it's gorgeous!
                  Only working till 13:00-then my daughter is meeting me for lunch and a bit of shopping.
                  I've just read back on yesterday's thread-lovely that JC will get to meet up with Oney and Molly. Wonder who else will make it?
                  Molly-I loved your post to Choice on the Help forum. :l

Comment

Speaking of which - how are doing on the NF front, Patsy?
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Zen i hope ur feeling better and not in too much discomfort with your teeth.

Comment

Morning Foxy!

OK lovelies, I must away for my dogging session.

It was lovely to catch up and I will do my damdest to be here later on

Comment

Zenstyle;1267586 wrote: At the very least Tipps, she realizes that he has a drinking problem. So reality has set in and there is a realistic playing field now.

Her being co-dependent will be the big issue I bet...

And its tough for you... because I'm sure you had your share of crap from him when you were a kid. Same as all of us with alkie parents. And there are a few of us on this thread... Lord...
                          Yeppers Zen! It is strange how many of us there are... Still can't figure that one out.
                          Tips-The not smoking is very difficult this time around. I think that's why I bought that MAXI PLAISIR Lindt. I feel a bit sick this morning to be honest!:H Ate almost the whole thing.
                          Morning Foxy!:l Having trouble keeping up this morning too! Not even 7 yet-I need more coffee and have to get ready for work in a minute.

Comment

Oh expat and tipps i love lint chocolate. Yes its great that JC is coming over next weekend. I'm not free on the 5th and Balbriggan is a long way from me bein over the very south so i'll see how things go on the saturday the bus service isn't good so might be a problem getting back and forth. I have the cats for nueturing on the first so funds are limited too. I'll do my best.:choc:

Comment

Zenstyle;1267586 wrote: At the very least Tipps, she realizes that he has a drinking problem. So reality has set in and there is a realistic playing field now.

Her being co-dependent will be the big issue I bet...

And its tough for you... because I'm sure you had your share of crap from him when you were a kid. Same as all of us with alkie parents. And there are a few of us on this thread... Lord...
                              She recognises her co-dependence, which is good.

I've worked through all that crap, Zennie. Yes - I had a fucked-up childhood, but the year of therapy in 2009 / 2010 helped me work through all of it. It was the best thing for me - and to think I would never have gone to a shrink if it wasn't for the encouragement I got from all of you. :l:l:l
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Yes it is:cupajoe: a busy tread this and i need more coffee too. Giving up any addiction is hard specially in the early stages.

Comment

Working...
                                X