My Dreams are Out of Control!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just recently quit drinking, and I don't ever remember dreaming so vividly!
    Please let me know if this is normal?
    I just finished Jason Vales book(Very Inspirational) I'm looking foward to using his
    principals.God Knows I've tried every thing else.....

This comes up a lot, hon. I've always dreamed a lot, but many say theirs are like yours, because you're sleeping now, not passed out. Hang in there!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Not sure, even while drinking I had very vivid dreams. I can wake up, go back to sleep and pick up on the same dream where I left off. Sometimes I can control them, and sometimes they are so real I have a hard time telling if they were real or something that happened while drinking. I do love how I dream though

Comment

Dear HaveFaith,

From what I have read, when you drink yourself to sleep, you don't really reach the deepest levels of sleep including the dream state. Or maybe you just don't stay long...not sure. When you stop drinking, your brain seems to need to catch up on dreaming! I have experienced this many times. At first a lot of my dreams are anxiety filled, but after a few days, they just become weird and amazing and most of the time, fun! When I wake up I feel a certain pressure on my brain is gone. I think dreaming is good for us!

Anyway, that's my take. Just relax and enjoy!

CW

Comment

I dream alot anyway, and very vivid. It's been 5 days since I drank, and last night I dreamt so sure I had been drinking. I even woke up groggy and hung over feeling then walked around to shake the feeling off. So weird! :H
          Living life to the fullest.

Comment

I posted about the weird dreams before, and I too rather like them!

Last night I had a dream that I was riding a big beautiful black horse, which morphed into a dog with me walking it holding a leash, whith the dog then morphing into a smallish square wallet that I was dragging.

WEIRD but fun.

Comment

Ann I too loved the vivid strange dreams I had when I 1st quit AL, i think it was a combination of actually having proper sleep instead of being unconscious and also my brain getting used to life without AL for the 1st time. Sadly its settled down now so Havefaith, enjoy them while you can!
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

I wish I could stop my school related dreams. They are weird.
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

wow.... I'm not the only one!
                  Last night I Dreamt that a very old boyfriend kept following me around(making sure I was not drinking).. these are crazy & seem so real............

Comment

I loved the Jason Vale book! But I hate drinking dreams!

Comment

Working...
                    X