Something that is working for me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like drinking low calorie cranberry juice with club soda. It taste great and seems to satisfy cravings. I don't like non alcoholic wine, I also find it too sweet and it leaves an after taste in you r mouth.

:l :h
    "What I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it."
    Catherine Pulsifer

Comment

I mix diet tonic water with low calorie grapefruit juice - same idea as the cranberry and club soda - just different twist. I tried to find a really good diet ginger ale the other day with no luck.

Comment

Hi,
        I mix ginger beer refresher with Soda Water. It is made here in Queensland but I'm sure it must be made in other parts of the world. Really refreshing. There is also a lime with ginger refresher now but it is a bit sweeter. I also like dry wine and the non alcoholic ones are not that great.
        eace:

Comment

I just bought a bottle of de- alcoholised wine called "Ariel", its a red, so we'll see what it's like. I hate sweet wines too. I let you know when I open it...... could be a while!
          It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

The de-alcoholised wines from Tesco are not as sweet as the alcohol free wines. However, I feel I am not really committing to the change of habit by drinking AF wine. Just a thought.
            Enough is enough

Comment

I have to agree Waves, that even having bought that bottle of de-alcoholised wine has made me question my commitment to sobriety.

Is it any different to a vegetarian eating meat flavoured soy sausages? I always laugh at them and say, "just eat the damned sausage since you like the flavour so much!"....

I am not going to be an anti drinking zealot, but for goodness sake, if I'm not drinking why would I want to drink something that looks like wine, smells like wine and is wine only without the alcohol??
              It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

O'Douls's Rules

This near beer- just the regular one- not the Amber- IS really good. I do like the taste`of a cold beer and I don't feel as though I am compromising, because it is really good!!! But it has to be SUPER cold!

Drinking this stuff- if you truly like the taste....is no different than the diabetic told she can't have regular Coke anymore, cause it will kill her. It is not quite the same- but it is still good!

Skootie
                "I have not failed - I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Well, I am, right at this moment, drinking a glass of de-alcoholized Ariel Merlot. It has about 1/2 of 1 percent alcohol in it. It is not too sweet; it tastes like watered-down wine a bit. I am finding it enjoyable, but I must confess that I am feeling guilty about it, as if I were drinking wine.

I really wanted to try it, but I don't want to make a habit of it. I think that it is nice to know that there is something tolerable that I could bring to a party to drink that wouldn't have all the drawbacks of real wine.

That's my take.
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                  X