Time for celebration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for celebration

To all those who are aware how difficult this fall has been for me, I have a wonderful reprieve. My son is home from Iraq on leave for 2 weeks. What a joy it was to meet him at the airport, and how proud I was to see him walking towards us in his camou uniform, all grown up - a man now! I'm cherishing this time that I have with him. Thank God, for all the work I've done on myself since last summer and finding this site!! I'm breaking old patterns and just responding to him as an adult and it's going better than other times of togetherness. I've made some wonderful gains from being here and receiving support and love. I know that I've grown from reading all the posts and from receiving your private messages. So many of you propped me up in some dark hours. As an ultimate result, I've been able to slow the drinking too. Unfortunately, he has to go back to Iraq, but he's shared his life there with us and, this is interesting! - all the guys seem to rely so much on humor to keep going. What a lesson for all of us - lighten up - see the humor in life. Don't take ourselves and others so seriously. God bless you all, Em

Time for celebration

Em.....I am so happy for you! How proud you must be of your son. I am proud of him. He is brave and he is a hero! All the best to you both.

Maggie

Comment

Time for celebration

Em, I could not be happier for you. Enjoy this precious time with him!!!
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Time for celebration

Hi Em- Very happy for you. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa

Comment

Time for celebration

Em....I'm so happy for you! Please tell him that we are all proud of him and the other troops.
          I know that feeling of meeting that airplane or bus! Major Goosebumps!!

May God continue to bless you all.
          :h Nancy

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Time for celebration

Oh Em, Thank you so much for sharing your joy! I am so happy for you, that I got goosebumps. I'm glad that you have been handling things better and that you have this special time with your son. Bless you both! Enjoy!

Hugs,

Kathy:l
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Time for celebration

Hello Em
              I hope you have a lovely two weeks with your son.

Comment

Time for celebration

Hi Em, I can only imagine what it must have been like for you while your son was in Iraq...My son is 28 years old and if he had been anywhere like that I don't know how I would have coped...I think you are a very strong person...Enjoy your time with him....Am thinking of you....

Love from Louise xxx
                A F F L..
                Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Time for celebration

Em,
                  That must have been so wonderful to greet him back home. Enjoy every moment and thanks for taking the time to come here and share.
                  Hugs
                  NP
                  "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Time for celebration

Em,

Was thinking of you yesterday and wondering how you were. So glad to see your typing and such joyous news!

Enjoy your son, give him my thanks and best. They, our children, are so precious.

Much love,

Gloria

Comment

Time for celebration

Em,

Thanks for sharing ...it puts things in perspective.

Enjoy the time together and thank him for protecting us!
                      Control the Mind

Comment

Time for celebration

Dearest Em,
                        I am truly happy for you. Enjoy that wonderful young man and make every second count.
                        xoxoxo Lori
                        *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Time for celebration

Em,
                          So very happy for you and yes, enjoy every single millisecond!!!
                          Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Time for celebration

Em - so happy to hear it - peace and love to you and your son, the hero.
                            God bless you both. You are BOTH heroes.
                            Love Jen
                            Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Time for celebration

Pal'o'mine--
                              What a great joy to see that your son is home, even for a short time. There is something so reassuring about seeing the man in the flesh! For just a little while, you can breathe easy. No thanks are necessary. I'm just glad to see you on the up side. I'm still sorting the summer, and I might make it to Cape Cod. You've made my day.

Sophie

Comment

Working...
                              X