Another Has Anyone thread... ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Has Anyone thread... ;)

I have been reading through the forums and have yet to come by information on PAWS- POST ACUTE ALCOHOL WITHDRAWAL Symptoms.
    Reading about this scared me. I was checked by a Dr and told that I was not experiencing withdrawal, that was 2 days after last drink. I went to a detox place but did not stay as it was seedy and the fear factors they tried to instill upon me reeked of commission based placement tactics. But this was a huge issue on another site I read on for a few days and wanted to know if anyone has had them here. It's one thing to fear symptoms for a few days, or a few weeks, but years? AHHHH!!!!

Post-acute-withdrawal syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are vast amounts of information on this out 'there' but I wanted to post something not so frightening and get feed back.

Another Has Anyone thread...

Hi Jaxees. I think you will find that lots of people here can comment on their experiences. I had quite a few lingering PAWS type symptoms but they DO subside. I tried to stay focused on the positives of not drinking, and that helped me through. I also found a lot of comfort connecting with people who had some sober time under their belts - it gave me a lot of encouragement to hear over and over how people's lives improved without AL. Made the difficulties a little less painful!

Acute withdrawal is medically dangerous. PAWS not so much. That may be why there was a lot of concern in the short term at the detox facility. I had no idea how dangerous acute alcohol withdrawal really is until recently. Very important that we all take some safety precautions with a heavy drinking history.

Best wishes to you. My life got better and better and any symptoms are long gone.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
    X