X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread sat 25th Feb 2012

Good morning gang....

wishiing all a happy sober saturday..

Gonna go karting later today..then to the beach with Ollie hopefully Bonnie can come and she's feeling better..

she had two back molars surgically removed on thursday as they weren't growing up properly and causing a lot of pain and next week two the other side done as well..ouch:upset:

mummy took round homemade pumpkin soup yesterday as she can't eat solids, so at least there's lot's of goodness in it..

have a fab day all of you...:l

Morning Jan and Zenners.
    Dunno what I am doing awake at this hour on a Satdee but its OK cos I am going to stay in bed for a while with lappy.
    I read KTABs post last night. I know how you feel about the incredible workload and also the gratitude from not going under. I earn half what I used to but at least I know that I can support myself. And to me that it priceless.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Good morning Jan, Zenners and Starty.

Saturday chores beckon. Mrs. T is taking Mum for a wash, cut & blow this morning.
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning Tiggs.
        I bet your mum will love that! Do her and Mrs T get on?

Oh and how come JC goes to NA meetings? JC have I missed something ?

Comment

Mrs. T is great with Mum - they get along very well. In fact, she's better with her than I am :H

JC is doing work at an addiction centre, so she's skilling herself up.
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning Zenners hows your gob?? I loathe toothache in any form its sooooo debilitating.

Job is going well but SUCH a learning curve. I am just so pleased that they decided to risk taking on someone with no experience and are willing to train me. I think after 2 years I should be able to work in a number of industries oh and probably earn a bit more too

Comment

X-post Zennie - damn phone. Too lazy to haul lappie oit of the backpack, I am.
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1268459 wrote: Mrs. T is great with Mum - they get along very well. In fact, she's better with her than I am :H

JC is doing work at an addiction centre, so she's skilling herself up.
                Ohhh so its not cos she had a drug problem?

Sometimes its easier for someone not so close to get on with relatives

Comment

The old man phoned Mum yesterday, by the way. He somehow managed to convince the clinic to allow him a 5 min call. All negative... It's a fuck-up. He didn't have one positive comment.
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1268465 wrote: The old man phoned Mum yesterday, by the way. He somehow managed to convince the clinic to allow him a 5 min call. All negative... It's a fuck-up. He didn't have one positive comment.
                    So being dry doesnt change his outlook?

Comment

startingover;1268466 wrote: So being dry doesnt change his outlook?
                      Nope. Quite frankly, his problems run way deeper than mere addiction. His mind is seriously fucked. He's a narcissist of note. We suspect bipolar disorder as well. Amongst other things. You can't believe the things that are coming out of the woodwork now that my mom has started seeing things from a different perspective.
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Zenstyle;1268470 wrote: Keep yer mum away from him as long as possible Tipps... He's going to get real ornery now that he's been cut off.... (
                        If it wasn't so sad, it would be funny. His only comment about her was: "I hope you're enjoying your holiday."
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I wonder what attracted her to him in the first place?

Comment

Zenstyle;1268471 wrote: Quite honestly... he sounds like a miserable git. And I feel sorry for you, your mum and your brother. Especially her though as she had to deal with it most.

See if you can extend his stay in the rehab. Actually... do you know what baker acting is?
                            Never heard of b aker acting.

Interestingly: Mum mentioned the possibility of having him declared incompetent. That way, a curator gets appointed
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Zenstyle;1268473 wrote: Starty... can you take a look at Bruun's thread in ASAP. I think she'll be fine, but would you mind checking and letting me know what you think.
                              OK will do.
                              I did have a look earlier, and half replied but then deleted......hang on

Comment

Working...
                              X