One More Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One More Time

Here I am again, I think this is either the third or fourth time I've been here trying to quit drinking. I plan to stop again tomorrow, right after I finish the bottle of Cab I've got here. I've been drinking every evening for maybe 15 years or more. Up until about a year ago, I never had more than half a bottle of wine a night. Lately I've really been increasing. Up to 2/3 to 3/4 bottle each night. I am not hung over in the morning but do wake up in the night sweating like crazy. Also I have no energy in the mornings.

I used to work out every day but it is so difficult for me now. I've gained at least 5 pounds I can't seem to lose. Here are the reasons I want to stop drinking:

I want my precious sleep. I'm sick of waking in the night and being all sweaty.
    I want energy in the morning. And to get back to working out.
    I want to lose 5 pounds. Worried about this now as I've read here that most gain weight.
    I want to save the money I spend on wine.

I know there are a zillion other great reasons to stop but these are the ones I want the most. I will be here every day because I'm positive it helps.

We live in SW Florida during the winter and there is so much socializing that I know this is going to be very difficult. But I WILL do it. Thanks for the support.

One More Time

You go, diva!

One foot in front of the other, and one day at a time. You can do it and we're here to cheer you on
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

One More Time

Thank you, Sunshine. It means a lot. Right now I'm feeling pretty sad knowing I'm saying goodbye to this Cabernet I'm enjoying this minute. But also looking forward to dumping this demon. I don't want to be a slave to anything or anybody so goodbye Cab!

Comment

Working...
      X