Another Question......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Question......

I know I am a big pain in the a$$ these days, but I have questions.

I am now on day 6 and still taking the topa. My question is, has anyone drank on the topa? Today is the first day I have had a craving and it really wasn't much of a craving but more of a thought that maybe a drink will get rid of this stinking fuzzy feeling in my head that the topa is causing me. I know it will go away in a few days...it will be one week of topa on Saturday. Anyway, my birthday is next week and I am wondering what would happen if I had a glass or two of wine with dinner....and I am not a wine drinker as my demon..ssshhh it's miller lite and 30 per/ day...., but I do actually enjoy a nice glass. I'm not even sure I will even want it, but just wondering. So far, I took the topa and quit at the same time so I'm not sure if what I am feeling is withdrawal or topa effects or a little of both. I know the only other time I quit for a few days, on day five, my head was so foggy and cloudy, I drank a 12 pack and it miracualously cleared, and then I never left the fog again until last week.

So, any experiences or thoughts, I would love to hear. Thank you all for your support.

Tammy

Another Question......

Hi there Tammy - the Topa doesn't usually work immediately. I had to take it for a while before it kicked in for me. Yes, you can drink over the Topa and nothing will happen - except that you drank. The Topa is not a magic pill - you still have to listen to your body and you have to decide NOT to drink - but that is your choice. You sound as if you are doing really well though from the amount that you were drinking before you started it, so kudos to you - only you can decide what you will do on your birthday! can you stop at 2 glasses of wine? It is all up to you in the end..... good luck with whatever you decide and Happy Birthday for when it arrives!

Sun X
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Another Question......

Thanks, Sun. The more I think about it, the more I am leaning toward not drinking at all. I will go up to 75mg tomorrow and so far the cravings are almost gone for me....except for this stinking fuzzy head stuff, but it's getting better too!

i am so glad I found this sight, even if it was years ago and it's taken me this long to get my shit together! I'm getting there, slowly, but I moving ahead, one hour at a time.

Thank you for all your words. You have no idea how much it helps me on this roller coaster ride!

:thanks:

Comment

Another Question......

I took Topamax about 3.5 years ago, only for a month. It didn't seem to make a difference either way; I drank anyway, though not as much. I don't remember how many mg I was taking. I stopped taking it because it was really expensive ($30/month) and I hated the feeling of the tingly hands and feet.

Comment

Working...
        X