The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! MARCH MADNESS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mama, I'm sorry about your oldest cub...but you're right. He needs to date around a bit more. How old is he?

Too bad that girl let him pay her way to visit last weekend...she must have known she was going to break it off with him! Maybe make him his favorite meal tonight? Poor cublet. :h

Comment

After getting up WAY too early, getting dressed hurriedly and off to breakfast (eating in the morning makes me SLEEPIER!), then the obligatory trip to Lowes, I was asleep on my feet. Came in and crashed till just a few minutes ago, so of course now feel icky. Whine, whine, whine.
      MB, asked Hubs about the Cat convert. and he says if you have to have emission testing where you live you can't disconnect it. We have it here, but not in the next county. Sorry. And so sorry about your cub. He'll get over this but he doesn't believe that now. Love makes us crazy. Oh, and I told Hubs I've included you in my will! :H
      Bird, kids can be so cruel when they're growing up. I remember once when Daddy and I were arguing (I was about 14) and I told him I was glad he wasn't my real Father. He turned and I thought I was about to get my first real punishment from him when I quickly finished 'cause my Father is God in heaven.' And things I said and did to Momma then! Oh ME! Glad you have a plan for bad weather. We're having floods here along the Chattahoochee floodplain. The ballpark and side roads were completely underwater yesterday.
      It's chilly here today too. Found a beautiful weeping cherry at Lowes I want SO badly, so have to do some figuring. Don't you go catching cold now Roger, you hear?
      Mish spider bites can be really painful. I've known a few people bitten by the brown recluse, and early treatment is the key. Shingles come back to haunt you all your life though. I have had some small flairs, but MIL was in bed for weeks one summer (FIL left her for me to care for everyday while he played).
      Sun, a book of lists about lists? Can you say A-N-A-L? :H I keep a shopping list by the fridge but always forget it when I go out. When do you leave again?
      Biz, it's harder to get started and think about this as 'for life' than to take it just today. But we're here for you, so just post, ask questions, hang in there.
      Nelz, Hubs has been working on cars for 50 years, and he won't even touch the new stuff. I think he's decided to sell his Harley since he doesn't like riding without me, and though I told him I could start doing short jaunts he's not buying it. We're keeping all our sexy leather clothes, boots, (my whip:H) and the big Harley-brand enclosed trailer though!
      Fen, I'll be ring-ringing you later. Shaking the cobwebs outta my head right now. Oh, and snow? All our fruit and ornamental trees are blooming, the grass turned bright green over night. It WAS in the 30's this morning, but I don't trust planting weather till after Easter. I'm reading the most wonderful little book I found at my Aunt's house. It was written by a late feature writer for the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Celestine Sibley, in the early 70's. She and I corresponded several times, and she was the funniest, most insightful little lady I know. This is about her adventures in gardening in their old cabin in N. Georgia, and she was really a gardener after my own heart. We call our cabin Sweetwater, and she named hers Sweet Apple. I don't even know if it's still in print. Another retired AJC employee who had a 'Georgia Traveler' weekly column lives nearby and he's a hoot too. Has a hand-hewn 2-story log house and a vineyard.
      Time for me to do something, I guess. So excited about my chickens. Bird, I wish you had a good sturdy pen so you could have chicks. All I want is enough eggs to supply my family, and JC's friend is bringing me about 6. I'd like some guineas too. They eat their weight in ticks and other nasties, and are fantastic 'watchbirds'.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

you want a pet that eats ticks??? eeeewwwww
        Sun- you are a ding-a-ling......make note of that:H
        fen - Grant is 20 next week....GAWD I am old:shocked:
        he is ok...just a little quite.....he deson;t like me to make a fuss, we have just talked quietly. He knows he is cherised and he will be fine
        Bird - that waould have made my cry to hear my daughter say that, but you being wise and stoic.....
        Sunni - are you making rice pudding in your wellies??? Now there's a visual!!! I love rice pudding too
        ok....back to work
        smooches pooches
        oh...I had about 5 inches cut off my hair, so now I am all sassy....My hair was getting so ling it was starting to look ridiculous on a 50 year old...Mimi have you done your new doo yet?
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

oh...and we don;t have emissions testing here....when I left for work all three of my boys were under the van....
          Mimi - did you tell Hubs I was the approved fture wife if anythig happens to you and that you won;t haunt us???:H:H

Comment

OKAY !!!! I am NOT ding-a-ling. I am NOT anal! I just like LISTS! They keep everything organized! no Jan - I was wearing my slippers, not my wellie boots when I made my rice pudding which turned out to be awesome! I have probably eaten enough. I am now making mini-fritattas! They smell really good, then I am going to make cookies to take into work tomorrow.

I don't think we must have the cat thingy here as I haven't heard anyone talk about it, although sometimes when I go into Missouri, I do see vans on the side of the ramps of the highway measuring something or other..... anyway, hope you get yours sorted soon jan! Can we see a picture of you with your sassy do - I wish you would stop going on about being ridiculous having hair that long - I am older than you and you have seen the length of my hair!! Are you saying that I looked ridiculous too??????? I refuse to be a little old lady with a tight white perm!!

Rubes - I leave next Monday - the 12th March. Arrive in UK on the 13th. I should be able to post while I am there - just probably not as much as I will be on other folks computers.

Back to the kitchen.......
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Yes, MB, I did, but he said one wife in a lifetime is enough, especially when that one is me. You could probably live in sin, though. :H
              Better the fowl eats the crawlies than they eat me. They make a terrible ruckus when anything invades their territory, so that's why they're 'watchbirds'.
              I'm really surprised ya'll don't have emission control there. But maybe you can do it and save some money.
              sigpic
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

X, Sun. I'm piddling around, don't feel real perky, and Hubs has stayed out from under foot most of the day except to come in an check on me. NOW I'm craving rice pudding, thank you very much! When I was in school we had the most fantastic food, and that was one of their specialties.
                sigpic

Comment

It is really yummy Ruby - lovely and creamy, with sultanas in it too. Just think of that smell wafting round your kitchen as the rice and milk meld together.........mmmmmm think I might just go and have a teeny mouthful or two more...... I will have one for you too rubes !! LOL
                  How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Don't eat peanuts in front of the monkeys!! :H
                    sigpic

Comment

rubywillow;1274196 wrote: Don't eat peanuts in front of the monkeys!! :H
                      What?????

Oh - never mind - I am sorry for teasing you about eating my really creamy yummy rich rice pudding with sultanas that is oh-so-delicious! I won't mention my rice pudding any more...... LOL

Comment

You're TORTURING me!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Sorry ruby - I will NOT mention my creamy sweet yummy sultana full rice pud any more - I promise - last time .........

Comment

P.S. You-know-what is just at the right temperature too - not too hot and not too cold.

Comment

You're just cruel. Now I'm googling recipes. Or I'll cook a coca-cola cake. My house is full of rug rats right now, though, and Hubs is expecting a call since he's on duty this weekend. Does sound yummy though. Do you ever make bread pudding? Momma used to make that a lot.
                              sigpic

Comment

I want some rice pudding too...
                                and no Sun...your hair is gorgeous!!

Comment

Working...
                                X