The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! MARCH MADNESS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Rubes - hope all goes well at the heart docs this morning for you - let us know won't you? I have just remembered something that really helps with congestion that someone at work recommended - Guaifenesin - it is the stuff in Mucinex but the generic is half the price and it comes without all the other stuff that is in it - it really works so well. I found it way better than Sudafed or anything similar!

Off to M-I-L - have a good day - and good luck at the docs Rubes! :l

Sun X
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hiya peeps.....just popped a Claritin for allergies. The azaleas are in full bloom and are lovely, but the pollen is in full bloom too.
      Sun - I would love to ride on your motorcycle with you....that sounds so fun.
      Poor Nora....still sick? I am all better, just daily aches and pains....hah!!
      Hi Mishy, Fen, Birdy....
      ATL...where in the heck are you??
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hey-- did not mean to worry anyone-- mark and I took the test last night and to us it looked like a faint plus line but I got the digital one that has the words for real idiots and it was a no. Just as well as I am 44 , 45 in May and though my dads mom was 48 when she had him that is way too old! We aren't trying anyway but you know-- this would have definitely been the last chance so we were a little disappointed. Thanks for the support!

Off to take my safflower oil Rubes!

Comment

Awwh, ATL, you're such a wonderful mother and wife, and what a blessing any child would have for you to be their mom. I admit I'm a little disappointed too. Have some great baby shower ideas! :H
          That safflower DOES look promising, doesn't it? Think I'll ask doc if I can try it or if I should wait. I'd like to lose 40 pounds, he OK's maybe 20. 40 would put me at my high school weight but I guess early 40's wouldn't be bad. Lost 65 or so from my top weight when I was drinking lots of beer, so that's a plus. I feel fat now, but I was FAT!!
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

ATL, sorry for your disappointment, but have to admit that if it were me in your situation I'd have to be relieved. I was 33 when I had Ashe and that was plenty old enough for me.

Here's a turn for the books...Ashe had a phone call from the Psych we've been trying to get her into...he had a camcellation at 11:30 tomorrow morning and she grabbed it. Luckily my credit card can just about manage the fee, so please, everyone, pray for the best result as we're struggling here with no medication until 21st and my next appointment with The Psych From Hell.

Please, please, let this visit help my girl!
            :h Mish :h
            sigpic
            Never give up...
            GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
            Remaining a perpetual possibility
            Only in a world of speculation.
            What might have been and what has been
            Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Odd posting at the same time as you, Ruby, but I just can't picture you as FAT. Mind you, I was shocked to hear you're a smoker, too...best put an end to that mental image soon, girl. If Angels trumpets are bad plants, tobacco ones are worse. Stop asap, please.
              sigpic
              Never give up...
              GET UP!!!

Comment

Every good wish in the world, Mishy!! SO happy you had this lucky call. I know what it's like to struggle without meds, and it can be hell. See, your love is paying off, for the ones you love and you!
                :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
                sigpic
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

You've seen my pics, right Mish? I know it's mostly mental, but it's stuck in there. Something my Mother kept hammering me about, and you know how Momma things stick! I'm actually in my weight range for my height.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thankyou, darling Ruby. Fancy us being wwake at the same time....mind you, I'm struggling to stay awake.
                    sigpic
                    Never give up...
                    GET UP!!!

Comment

Momma things? Oh yes......Mine lets me know about every lb I've added or lost. Maybe the reason I have a history of annorexia?
                      sigpic
                      Never give up...
                      GET UP!!!

Comment

Ever heard my motto Mish? Why can mothers push or buttons? 'Causethey installed them!
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm wishing the best outcome for Ashe, Mish. :h I'm pleased she got an appointment sooner rather than later!

Fortunately, I don't have too many "mom" installed buttons. The only thing she's ever fussed at me about is my hair. It's usually too short to suit her, but I'm growing it out these days, so she's quite pleased.

She does have some behaviors that get old after a while- I'm sure I don't have any obnoxious tendencies, however! :H

Comment

Mrs. Fen suggested I sleep in today, as I'm feeling so crappy. I didn't wake up until 10 o'clock!!!:shocked:

Comment

Hi all,

Fen, I hope sleeping in helped. Don't feel guilty, your body must have needed the rest. I went to have my calcium score test today which is a CT scan of the heart to check for calcium. No results for a few days. Hubs got his benefits package for new job. YAY. We were spending $1700 per month now we only have to pay 20 percent. Thank God! Next year we can have flex spending account but we missed the January deadline. I am so grateful To God that he got this job. Will read back later today to play catch up. T/l G

Comment

G--that is wonderful about your husband's job! Hopefully the lessening of stress will be just what you need also.
                                Fen-- what's wrong? Hope you feel better soon!
                                Rubes and Mish-- one reason I am insane about my appearance is because my mom is. She is actually embarrassed that I am overweight. She does not worry about it from a standpoint of it being unhealthy-- just that others might think I am an undisciplined slob and that she raised me to be that way. When I was in my late 20s and unmarried she worried constantly I would not get married and thought I was some loser for that (not that I had not spent most of my life getting a huge career started). When I got sick and left my job-- she did not worry at all about me being sick-- she told everyone around her that I was a "consultant" working for big companies. We can never win. And Mish I agree-- I would have been worn out-- but I had Luke 3 days before I turned 38 and while I don't have the energy I wish I did with him at times, we are pretty active every day. The time to have another one would have been right after he arrived.

These contractors are driving me nuts. well actually it is the bathroom renovation in general-- we are spread over several now and mine is downstairs so when I wake my old self up at night needing to go to the bathroom I have to go downstairs-- then can't fall back asleep-- and you knwo I don't sleep much anyway. I may have to sear off liquids after 3 p.m. The bathroom designer has had several hissy fits which I would love to put on youtube. It woudl be funny if I did not have to deal with them in some constructive way!

About to go get a corned beef and all the rest of the fixings to make Ruby's recipe-- it is so good and it is getting to be St Pats time!

Comment

Working...
                                X