The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! MARCH MADNESS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job, Jan. Bird, you need some rest too, But your young are my GRANDS age.
    Tay has caused a big 'discussion' here tonight, so no one better push me. My memory and fangs are out.
    Had Mad and Gracie here for several hours today, and off course Mad was engrossed in my computer, but she was lovely. Grace and I spent the time looking at my collections, and what some pieces mean. She told me my breath smells like dog butt. How could she possibly know that? I'm truly starting now to tame her, since she's SO much like Tay. Tay burned her charity bridges today, and stetched a few trust ones.Grace says they're moving again. I didn't ask for the info, just said to be sure she liked it if she moved, or talk to her Daddy. I only ask if she's happy, and she is, but she is a quiet and smart at school,a little smart ass with me. We discussed the meanings of satire, cruelty, etc. and I KNOW she can't be cruel, but she could with words though unintended if she speaks up. Trying to teach her respect, humbleness, and consideration that she has, mostly, but hasn't been fostered. She's the baby. I require them to visit their g-grandmother when they stay with me, because she loves them so. She drills them on me, their life, I know, but tell them beforehand to just be loving, ask for food, and just be nice!
    Been trying to clean the second floor today. It's good since I've made so many trips up and down the stairs, and dizziness, neuro stuff is not bothering me right now. Hubs is, but he knows he's in the doghouse. You want him NOW, MB? He knows he's messed up on this one, so it's a good time to get him contrite!!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Just a quick hi tonight. Hubby coming home tomorrow. Just made sons birthday cake. He has been so busy with work & school that I haven't seen him. So, we are celebrating it tomorrow.
      Didn't do well on the alcohol front so back on the AB. Think I better just stick with it for some time to avoid the stupid thoughts. I was doing really well and shouldn't have stopped taking it so soon. Oh well.....glad to be back on track.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

The tired kinda made me want a beer MB but I read that Jason Vale book and decided I really didnt want one,....Did you ask her why she sniffed dog butts Rubes?..have fun with the bday Nora. I am gonna try again to stay off AB...countdown till bedtime, I'm gonna flop like MB says..Only 2 more weigh ins left of the weight loss thing I am doing at the Y. Then I am going to eat a whole pizza and some donuts and cheezits with dip and candybars and mac and cheese and any cheese..

Comment

Good Morning everyone - have been up for an hour already - after I got up, I wondered WHY I was up so early - I work closing shift today and early tomorrow so have a clopen - i should have stayed in bed and got some more sleep. Oh well, maybe I will have a nap this morning.....

Rubes - I agree that folk today just want everything now and they want the best - we all had old cars and my parents could not have bought my car for me - I had to come up with the money...... but that is what we have done to this generation by not denying them stuff. i remember reading an article when my children were about 8-10 and it was headed "The Ultimate Deprivation is NO Deprivation". I loved it and so agree with it - of course, my girls thought we were mean because we wouldn't get them stuff they wanted - but even had we been able to afford it, i don't think we would have.....

Jan - so sad about the shooting - but so good that he didn't take kids with him too. How are you feeling today? Still AF? Do you find it any easier - you said Brett going to the pub triggered it for you - can't he stop while you are still finding it hard? Just a thought.....

Nora - so sorry that you had a drink - but did you plan it? Silly question - you are taking AB - so you must have planned it. I am hoping if there comes a time when I am tempted, that I can think it through to the end then to the next day and rethink it before I do!! Haven't got to a point like that yet but am wondering if I do, what I will do!

Bird - wow - Wal-Mart is saying people need new batteries when they don't? that isn't good...... Hope you enjoyed your relaxed evening watching Tv - I did something to ours ans cannot get sound at all - have had the destruction manual out and everything - but CANNOT get any sound on it - most annoying and hubs will not be a happy camper. I was deleting stuff from the DVR and all of a sudden across the screen came the words "MUTED" - never seen it like that before - not the little ones down at the bottom - and since then I can't get the sound back. I have even tried unplugging it and leaving it for an hour and going back and seeing if it is fine - NOPE! So, if anyone has any ideas to try - i am open to suggestions!!

Jan - I like some of Adele's songs - I liked that first one that you posted!

off to get another cup of tea I think..... and maybe try playing with the TV again - groan....
          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

bird;1276401 wrote: Only 2 more weigh ins left of the weight loss thing I am doing at the Y. Then I am going to eat a whole pizza and some donuts and cheezits with dip and candybars and mac and cheese and any cheese..
            Bird - ROTFLMBO !!!!!!
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Bird, I gained 2#s just reading that! LMAO Tay and Grace have always had a thing about smells. They smell EVERYTHING, especially their food before they eat it.
              Nora, think about your mindset, as Sun says. When you first decide to stop the AB, do you mentally countdown when it will be safe to drink again? Rehab used the term 'romancing the bottle', and that a fall is nearly ALWAYS premeditated for some time before you actually do it. Either consciously or unconscieniously. IMHO it's important to start thinking about when the idea first enters your mind.
              MB, I understand about Brett and the bar. I told Hubs if he wanted beer he needed to keep it in his shop. Even that didn't always work for me. I remember one time when I drank the last one he had in there, and I panicked and went to the store and bought more, then poured it in an empty bottle (he checked the #s on the bottles he bought!) and he came in the house with it that afternoon and asked how a cigarette butt got in a bottle of beer! DUH I sabatoged myself a lot then.
              Oh, Sun, sorry I can't help. I'm electronically challenged. I always wait til Hubs comes in so he can flick through everything 50 times, cuss and throw things at the set. :H
              Tay won't call me for several days now. Better for both of us, too. Hubs told her that unless I was in danger not to call him like that again. And he told her it was time I cracked down on her.
              WOO HOO! BP is 112 over 79. Still making me light-headed, but I'll get over that!
              sigpic
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Excellent news on the BP Mimi.....that is so much better.
                Bird - you cracked me up with that food comment!!!
                Sunni - I'll be perfectly honest. Most days I am AF, but I cannot manage to get a week under my belt. I know I need to, but I am not sure I have decided I WANT to. I can give you all the excuses (you know most of them) stress, money, blah, blah, blah....I dont know how else to put it.
                I have to have that mindset change that you did.....guess I am "romancing the bottle" as Mimi says.
                I have AB, but I hate taking it...gives me headaches,,,,but I guess I should
                Dang Rubes....sound like Tay really blew it this time.
                Back to work
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hola, amigos. Spent last night at tick hollow. I went to give it a good cleaning, as smoke from the wood burning stove sort of blew back into the house the last time we were there, and I wanted to make it habitable again.

Well, I got a bit distracted. This is the time of year that deer shed their antlers, so I thought that looking for some sheds would be a nice way to give my legs a stretch before starting my labor. I found a deer trail and followed that sucker for miles- I'm embarrassed to admit that I did cross into other peep's land doing this. I went through brambles, branches, found plenty of coyote-gnawed bones...but not a single shed!

Got back to the cabin late in the afternoon, removed one tick from my belly (ticks already!!!), removed three others that were in the process of traipsing around on me, and went to work. At four thirty this morning, I woke up and found a tick between my neck and shoulder. Tried my best to remove it, but the angle was bad and my hair got in the way. I removed most of it, but the mandibles remained.

I decided to come home early, so Mrs. Fen could dig the mouth parts out. She tried, but one mandible was left, so I found my exacto knife and removed the last part. I wonder if I should try to get an antibiotic from my doctor- I guess I'll wait and see.

Anyway, the good news is that the land in that area is so hilly, I registered the equivalent of over 100 flights of stairs on my fitbit! :H

Comment

Bird, I take it you like cheese? :H

Comment

She did, MB, and she called Hubs outta a critical bigwig meeting, so of course he turned around and called me. He was so mad at first I got the fallout, but we're on the same page now.
                      Lobbying for a cabin trip this weekend. I deserve it. There's also a foreclosure sale on a beautiful lake in the mountains of Tennessee, so maybe we'll drive up there. Dockable lakefront that went for up to $1M now $99,000. Don't plan to buy, but it's a beautiful drive up The Dragon's Tail'. Dentist called, I go next Wednesday for molds, fittings, and nurse said if he has ANY concerns about my heart he will have a surgeon do it so I'll be under a doctor's care. That makes all of us feel better. The problem is that BP has dropped 100 pts in a week, and just standing up makes my vision start to go dark and I get dizzy, so have to be careful with that. All I need is another fall! :bonkers: :zonedout:
                      sigpic

Comment

Rubes, don't know what Tay did to push your buttons, but perhaps you should inform her the sum of rent and utilities for the property she and her bf are dwelling in for free.

I'm with Sun. Young adults are "adults" only in the technical sense anymore. Our generation has hobbled them by giving them everything they could want. My next youngest sister has three adult kids, two of those with children of their own, and every single one of these kids is dependent on my sister and her hubs financially to some degree. Incredible! Popping out babies they can't afford, driving in cars paid for by my sis. Plus, she has a twenty three year old megalomaniac bum living in her basement, and her hubs won't allow her to kick him out.

Anyway, I'd put off getting that girl a car, Rubes. She needs a good spanking!

Comment

Fenny, you might want to call a ER or a pharmacist about what you need to do. I let one go once and got terrible flu-like symptoms. Doc put me on some foul smelling stuff and I got better soon. If I get a bite the place bothers me for up to a year. Lymes disease is VERY real in deer areas. Be safe, OK? Don't find many ticks at the cabin, but our woods are lousy with them.
                          sigpic

Comment

X, Fen, and I know you're right. Hubs and I have been the only voice of reason in her life. And Hubs presents her with a current bill once every 2 weeks. She looks at it in awe, and he's also given her a deadline to payup or move. They DID get my last rental rented for me, though, so that's something.
                            sigpic

Comment

Rubes, the tick in my shoulder wasn't a deer tick (lymes disease carriers) but I know that all ticks carry some nasties. I guess I'll call the doc and see what she says. I've been there so much lately, I hate to keep bugging her. This could get ugly, though.

Comment

rubywillow;1276897 wrote: X, Fen, and I know you're right. Hubs and I have been the only voice of reason in her life. And Hubs presents her with a current bill once every 2 weeks. She looks at it in awe, and he's also given her a deadline to payup or move.
                                EXCELLENT!!!! Good for hubs. :goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                                X