The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! MARCH MADNESS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rubywillow;1284397 wrote: besides feeling like everyone in the Holiday Inn restaraunt was looking at me knowing what we'd done the night before, I had on a knit top, white slacks, and pink patent pumps!!
    Wow! Just like Loretta Lynn in "Coal miner's daughter"...except for the knit top, white slacks, and pink patent pumps. :H

Comment

fennel;1284531 wrote: Oh, Rubes...there's no way he'll get the dog back, is there? :upset:
      I very much doubt it, especially with the publicity. He'll be lucky if he isn't LYNCHED!!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Poor Fen...I cannnot imagine the agony you were in when you married him,,,
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

mama bear;1284560 wrote: Poor Fen...I cannnot imagine the agony you were in when you married him,,,
          It was a long time ago, Jan. In the early 80's, the climate towards gay peeps was quite unfavorable, still. Coming out seemed like an impossibility to me at the time. Marrying him did force me to face the truth and tell my family. I'm sorry I put him through it, really. I'll never forget that sick feeling, though.

You're sweet. :l

Comment

I'm quite sure you suffered more than him, Fen. There's a running joke, though, about men who are such bad lovers/husbands their partners become lesbians. Not applicable, I know, but he had to have faced some of that stigma too. Glad you got yourself sorted. I like you just the way you are, and you had to be a miserable creature back then. I'm sure he's moved on and found happiness elsewhere.
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

rubywillow;1284593 wrote: I'm quite sure you suffered more than him, Fen. There's a running joke, though, about men who are such bad lovers/husbands their partners become lesbians. Not applicable, I know, but he had to have faced some of that stigma too. Glad you got yourself sorted. I like you just the way you are, and you had to be a miserable creature back then. I'm sure he's moved on and found happiness elsewhere.
              Rubes, in retrospect, I am CERTAIN he was a virgin...that didn't matter, though. Were I straight, I'd have helped him through his awkwardness. And he did find happiness...but he passed away three years ago.

And yes, I was miserable back then. I'm much happier now. :h

Comment

It's sad that things were that way. Thank goodness though that times are changing. I know that there are still close-minded people but times are better. Glad that you found your way to be yourself Fen. :l:h
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Aww, Nora. Thanks. I wasn't going for sympathy, though. Although I think my wedding night was probably different from most of yours, LOL! :h

Even though I can't legally marry Mrs. Fen (yet), things are much better now than they were. Someday in my lifetime, this won't be such a huge freaking deal...and we'll be legal. After nearly thirteen years, it would sure be nice.

Comment

fennel;1284626 wrote: Aww, Nora. Thanks. I wasn't going for sympathy, though. Although I think my wedding night was probably different from most of yours, LOL! :h

Even though I can't legally marry Mrs. Fen (yet), things are much better now than they were. Someday in my lifetime, this won't be such a huge freaking deal...and we'll be legal. After nearly thirteen years, it would sure be nice.
                    I KNOW you weren't going for the sympathy vote. :l Hard to remember my wedding night. :H I think we were both so tired that it was wham, bam. :H

And - one day SOON, you & Mrs. Fen will have the right to marry! AS IT SHOULD BE! :h
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Zen - not quite following your post. Ruby wasn't saying anything about men. She commented that there is a 'long running joke' about it. Not that she believed or condoned it. I think I must be missing something in your post.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Night Zen - maybe I'll catch on in the morning.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

oh lord.....I check in this am to find this.....????
                          Bret is back at work but feeling bad.....I am moving around slowly with what sounds like a creaking ship in my tummy.....
                          Is that fun enough for you Zenny??
                          Fen - I think you are perfect the way you are....
                          and now I shall close my mouth before I get in trouble ( see Fen..I am not THAT sweet)
                          Love you peeps....

Comment

Nora, Jan...the "ignore" feature is our friend. :H Employ it, as I do.

Comment

I know Fenny....I need to fgure out how to use it
                              why does everyone always come play in our playground??
                              into shower......

Comment

mama bear;1284916 wrote: I know Fenny....I need to fgure out how to use it
                                why does everyone always come play in our playground??
                                into shower......
                                Ruby obsession? Just saying. I was puzzled, as Rubes hadn't wished for world peace or anything crazy- LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X