X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 1st March

Good morning

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 1st March

Good morning Starters, Expat, Tipperoooo, Expatty, Our Whizzy, Satz, Mollers, Oners and all those yet to drop by.

thanks Jc x

Comment

Army Thread 1st March

Cheeses one2many its dragging on a bit.

Comment

Army Thread 1st March

Ok going to see jim. laters.

Comment

Army Thread 1st March

Morning marioooo,

Now then that first cup of coffee slipped down nicely while I was reading last nights thread.

Firstly a big :yay: to Mrs A. What a fecking amazing woman you are. Gawd I'm frightened at the top of step ladders. YOU ARE ROCKING THIS SOBER LIFE.

Luvverly to see Limers back. She hasn't changed a bit and I loves it.

2 more big sleeps until I get to the Emerald Isle. Get thee to doctors Oney or at least have a word with the pharmacist.

Happy St David's Day to them what are Welsh.

Oh and I have a plan formulating for Saturday.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 1st March

Hi Army got back from vetv surgery just before 9am. Cats are ok and in good hands. They were nervous being examined by the nurse but they fine. Got to collect them at 3. Had brekkie and more coffee and put wash on. Watchin Jeramy Kyle now and then better get some cleaning done. Be back later.

Comment

Army Thread 1st March

Firefox;1271874 wrote: Hi Army got back from vetv surgery just before 9am. Cats are ok and in good hands. They were nervous being examined by the nurse but they fine. Got to collect them at 3. Had brekkie and more coffee and put wash on. Watchin Jeramy Kyle now and then better get some cleaning done. Be back later.
                Is it bad to NOT LIKE CATS Foxy - sly creatures :sorry:

Comment

Army Thread 1st March

Morning guys, had a lie in today thank god, been sleeping really bad recently. Mrs pinky bought me an england football shirt testerday, bless her and some AF beer to enjoy the match with we went to see the under 21's england team play belgium and we won 4-0, then we went to a pub near the football satdium to watch the adult england football team play hpolland, what a difference the youth team were much better .

startingover;1271794 wrote: Bloody hell its March already. Cant believe that!
                  Spring just around the corner too.
                  Maybe time to make some changes then :H
                  starting over: i love the spring, defo time 4 cHanges, ive bought my progtein powder and gonna work out harder at they gym now and build more muscle, say bye bye to oive oil figure and hello to popeye, wheres me spinach!

expat3;1271810 wrote: Morning Tips and Foxy!
                  Good luck with the kitties!
                  Tips-sounds like you need a coffee (and a fag). Do you smoke while you drive?
                  I haven't been outside yet-but I think it's mild. Going to check. xrush hour traffic is a pain in the butt, hope it wasn't too bad tipps, when im on my way to work in the morning theres nearly always some daft bugger who always cuts infront of me

one2many;1271822 wrote: Tied too, still have that bloomin headache. Orf to get cawfee.
                  aww oney, i hope u feel better soon

mollyka;1271825 wrote: Mornin! Draggin a bit here too --- full plans goin to the shaggin supermarket at sillyoclock dis morn. before work an get it over with --- only after openin the eyes - feck :-(
                  Yeah MARCH already --- can't believe that really - course I 'lost' January so that's prob summat to do with it! Coffee beckoning, back in a wee bit. You still feeling shite Oney??

Molly sounds u have a right busy day, hopefully over the weekend u will ahve some time to settle down with J.Cand the rest of the ireland army and get some you time

JackieClaire;1271853 wrote:
                  Morning marioooo,

Now then that first cup of coffee slipped down nicely while I was reading last nights thread.

Firstly a big :yay: to Mrs A. What a fecking amazing woman you are. Gawd I'm frightened at the top of step ladders. YOU ARE ROCKING THIS SOBER LIFE.

Luvverly to see Limers back. She hasn't changed a bit and I loves it.

2 more big sleeps until I get to the Emerald Isle. Get thee to doctors Oney or at least have a word with the pharmacist.

Happy St David's Day to them what are Welsh.

Oh and I have a plan formulating for Saturday.

well done mrs A, u r truely fantastic, im on me first coffee too, its lovely when im half asleep

Firefox;1271874 wrote:
                  Hi Army got back from vetv surgery just before 9am. Cats are ok and in good hands. They were nervous being examined by the nurse but they fine. Got to collect them at 3. Had brekkie and more coffee and put wash on. Watchin Jeramy Kyle now and then better get some cleaning done. Be back later.
                  hope the cats r ok

satz123;1271881 wrote:
                  Is it bad to NOT LIKE CATS Foxy - sly creatures :sorry:
                  satz im with u , don't like cats, but would never wish them any harm, and try to like them but can't a bit ironic seeing the word cat is in my user name, maybe im a closet cat lover and i just dont know it yet,lol
                  I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                  Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Army Thread 1st March

Hi Army Gang : this is very interesting to those who are trying to get fit & lose some weight - basically that covers us all I'd say
                    In a reaction to the nation's poor health, fats were outlawed and a low-fat craze began. But now, people have never been fatter. Certain fats should be a staple in your diet, as your body can't manufacture them. They are called Essential Fatty Acids (EFA): Omega-3 and Omega-6.

Mark Houston, MD -- a cardiologist based in Tennessee -- has the following reasons to add fish oil to your diet:

1. It improves cell membrane health. This means that it helps your body absorb energy into cells, rather than being rejected to go into fat storage.

2. Fish oil switches on fat-burning cells and switches off fat-storing cells.

3. Fish oil reduces many of the risk factors associated with coronary heart disease.

4. It increases usage of the fat stores for energy.

5. It reduces inflammation and pain from training.

6. It regulates blood supply to the brain, which helps you maintain focus in training.

7. Fish oil increases the happy hormone seratonin, which can reduce anxiety and depr-ession. Fish oil can help cure your sweet cravings.

8. Fish oil is a great stress fighter.

Julia Ross, in her book the Diet Cure, explains how chronic alcoholism can result from a lack of EPA and DHA, and how she has successfully treated patients with fish oil. So, the secret pill for weight loss is fish oil. It will get you leaner than any gimmick on the market today.

Comment

Army Thread 1st March

satz being a lesbain i get plenty of fish oil........................... (i couldn't resist)
                      I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                      Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Army Thread 1st March

hey people

very quiet round here today,so thought I'd introduce myself as you seem to be the liveliest story. I'm a newbie here but not to recovery, I'm serial relapser, latest was 7 mths af and now I'm 9 days sober.

My story/style in short
                        Havent met anyone wih the same story yet, but told hang around and i will and I hope to so I can get a little hope

I'm mad for sobriety, alco distroying my life for 3-4 yrs, had da education, da job, fine decent background, da lovely boy, and great friends but let all if not most slip through my fingers. 3 times in rehab, pushed in because I have people who cared about me, thought I got a grasp each time but still no joy. I was riddled with shame and guilt and lose, but a bit numb to that now because it was killing me, as was pointed out to me by many people, dat or drink would get me.

I want to get this and hope you can help me along as not many people have much hope left in me. I got hope in myself but could do with some support
                        "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Army Thread 1st March

Hi Salz and pink cat. Not everybody likes cats but its ok as long as you wudn't harm them too. They are more dependant on you than they tink as my cats can't survive long without their favorite food and warm place in the house to sleep they are clever brats. Zennie is a big cat lover she had 3 but now on is one is alive. Pinkcat ur a closet cat lover with that name:H:catroll:awprint:

Comment

Army Thread 1st March

Hi Suguarbeat, and welcome to the army, ur sure to find people with a similar atory as yourself, im a binge drinker a little different but similar in the AL sense, it's good that u have hope in ur self , hopefully that will burn stronger over time, and keep posting and let us know how u r, have u seen the newbies thread and tool box, there is lots of helpful hints in there xx
                            Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Army Thread 1st March

Hello everyone and welcome sugar beat to the lovely, slightly bonkers, army.

Been to see jim too but stayed away from mr leg press which screwed my hamstring last wk

Enjoying the sunshine here before I head off to work

And I realised its only 2wks to my big day and already I am damn excited..... A whoe year sober, it's gonna feel brilliant
                              I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Army Thread 1st March

congrats pingu, what you gonna do to celebrate?
                                Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Working...
                                X