• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood test

Yeah, Owly, that's Greek to me too! :fingers:
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Blood test

The doctor said they were the best test results he'd ever seen...

So yes I was drinking all day yesterday - five days in a row

That was largely due to an industry conference that was in town - nothing but free parties with free bars...

Comment

Blood test

WOW, well done on the blood tests ........

Take care xx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

Blood test

Thank you Paula Could have done with a scare though...

xxxx

Comment

Blood test

Be postive owly, you are lucky, but things might not stay that way if you carry on.

Take care ....
            sigpicXXX

Comment

Blood test

Okay, Owly,

Do we have to come whup your butt?:H I'm glad things have worked out well for you, and I hope that you will take that as the gift it is and start taking better care of yourself kiddo!

I DO understand what you mean about wishing you had a little scare, though. What would it take to scare you? Just think it through in your head, and maybe you can scare yourself enough.

Hugs,

Kathy:l
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Blood test

I'm not sure what it would take, but I am definitely on upwards trajectory with this battle - if it wasn't for these conferences at the weekend I would have been able to put it down as another good week.

Feel bad that I'll have to miss training today, but barely feel alive - you know the feeling!

:thanks:

Comment

Blood test

Owly, glad your ok but time for the scare: your enzymes are good now but it's only a matter of time. My last test came out ok, but then in the sonogram my liver we quite enlarged which is a precursor to disease, and in fact this condition called "fatty liver" is present in almost 100% of "moderate to heavy drinkers" and left untreated IS deadly. no joke. mega wakeup call for me. We are like a bridge that spans over the water of life. we can be neglected and get very rusty for a very long time before we finally start to fall apart...so...it's time to clean off the rust and repaint sooner than later! (ok that was a wierd analogy).
                  I hear you on the work parties..I always drink too much at them...that's why I hate them because I'm so uncomfortable and feel trapped.
                  Anyway, good health is the most wonderful gift we could ever get...enjoy!
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Blood test

Thanks for the scare determinator, that is sure food for thought... my doctor should have mentioned it, he's very nice but does treat me a bit like a child, even though he's younger than me!

Comment

Blood test

Owly

Just geat tested. Then you will know? Sorry don't try to hide and make exescive for yourself. I'm sorry if I coming acrosse hard, I'm going throught the same thing. You can repair the damages now>

Please Take Care

Comment

Blood test

I had the test Debh and it was v good. Would a cholestoral test reveal this 'fatty liver' ?

Comment

Blood test

hey Owly, I doubt the typical test would do much of anything as it's a localized disorder. it does happen to be an accumulation of cholesterol and triglycerides in the liver but your blood system may not show any change in cholesterol at all. This condition also exists in some vegetarians that don't consume enough choline from egg or meat sources. the best remedy? reduce alcohol and take a supplement that contains choline lecithin with phosphotidyl choline. *Disclaimer..I'm no doctor but DO check it out. take care Bro.
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Blood test

Thanks Determinator - I will ask the doc. 3 days AF now and back in training, feel great, though I think I lost my girlfriend.

Comment

Blood test

glad your on track...
                              sorry to hear bout the GF.
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Blood test

Owly LOVE your new avatar! I am sorry to hear about your GF, hopefully all will be well there. Do ask your doctor what your test results mean in English. This will put your mind at ease. Glad to see you are on a few days AF and feeling all peppy again!

Comment

Working...
                                X