Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know it aint supposed to be easy....

BUT IT IS SO DIFFICULT! My social life is built on drinking it seems
    I have had two invites out and both were to have drinks. I am sick with a cold and went to the store looking like crap and I ran into someone who asked "you have a hangover?" Its so easy to fall back in because you get lonely and want the social part back. Well I get lonely cuz im a single gal It seems that alcohol is everywhere..

It's definitely everywhere......so, dare to be different and give yourself the gift of life. Believe me, it's better. At some point you'll look back and be amazed that you thought the drinking life was good in any way.

Comment

It does seam like it is everywhere.. especially when your trying to stop. I think it's hard to make new friends too. All I can say is stick with it. I've met some people who don't even know me as a drinker.. so they ask me to do other stuff. It does get annoying to always be asked out for a drink, but the more people get use to you not drinking they will stop asking. It's weird, your friend base might change.. so try, not to take it personal (if you can) if people decide to not invite you anymore... only because they want to drink. It has nothing to do with you. Some friends might surprise you and really just be interested in hanging out with YOU. If you can't hang out around drinkers (too tempting) then it can get sorta lonely... but it won't always be.

Comment

Working...
      X