Just got back from emergency room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That took a lot of courage, KitKat! I'm relieved and happy that you took that step, and I'm behind you 100%. I'm so happy that you got the support you needed.

Hugs,

Kathy:l :h
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Wow, that was very courageous! congrats on this step KitKat I wish you nothing but the best!!
      It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
      James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Hello Kitkat,
        congrats on that live saving decision you made.
        About the high blood pressure. I have had really high blood presssure over the last couple of years and my MD put me on Atacand Plus, which helped some.
        I have been AF for 23 days and my blood pressure has come down between 26 and 30 % and I am feeling great. I am probably so much older than you. Just think what results a spring chicken like you could achieve, when AF.
        Wishing you all the very best.
        Lori
        *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

KitKat- good for you- that was very brave- so proud of you! You are gonna be great! I am so glad you have support outside of the house-
          Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Yes KitKat,

I am so happy that you have made that step! Now it is all in the open ... must feel very good. You are going to do a great job - you already did!!

Hugs,
            Pansy

Comment

Kitkat you did good.

xxxooo
              Sammys

Comment

I went back this morning to the er they gave me an IV of fluids. And some anti anxiety meds

chlordiazepoxide say that five times fast. They gave me some ativan I feel better. And no alcohol since this morning.

kitkat
                AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
                Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

Hi Kitkat
                  Very brave to get some help.
                  Please look after yourself.

Love

Comment

Kitkat
                    I am so proud of you and wanted to let you know how brave I think you are. There are very few people who would have taken the steps you have to get better. You did and you should be proud.
                    I wish you the very, very best.
                    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Thanks for checking in Kitkat! It's good to know that you're okay and even feeling better. Good on no drinks since this morning!:happy:

Comment

Thank you to everyone, I'm going to see a counselor soon. So I can find out why I do this!

Thanks again !!!!!!! and take care
                        kitkat

Comment

Hey there Kit Kat. Glad you found some help and you are getting things to help you get healthier. My prayers are with you........:h

Comment

Kitkat ...

Well done ..... Coming clean was the best thing that you could have done ....

All the best and keep us informed, we are all here for you ...

Paula :h :l :h :l
                            sigpicXXX

Comment

Thanks paula,
                              It was really hard telling my HR mgr that I have a problem, but she has been really good about it and I am on a weeks leave of absence, plus I'm going to see a counselor to see if we can find better way for me to work with my depression besides the bottle.Day 2 Af I'm afraid to drink BP is still high.

They have me on Librium for withdrawal anxiety, I guess its pretty addictive so I have to be careful, but at least I can now sleep. Good news is when I get back to work I can re enroll in medical insurance SIGH OF RELIEF I might have to work an extra day at work to pay for it but well worth it.

I haven't admitted to my extended family about the problem, mom knows and one of my close friends, and HR mgr but I don't think need to run around with a sign on my back :H

Thanks to everyone for support, I did go back to the drink tracker, I need to be accountable there a well!

Kitkat

Comment

Hey KitKat,

I'm sure it was hard telling your HR manager, but she is right. You don't have to have a sign on your back. She sounds like a savvy lady! Keep taking care of yourself! We're all rooting for you! Librium is great stuff for withdrawal when used in the manner intended, but you're right, it is very addictive. Sleep is VERRRRRRRY NICE! Rest well.

Hugs,

Kathy:l

Comment

Working...
                                X