The test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The test

Hi all, well I had a friend come down to see me yesterday and what a test she put me through! I around 44 days sober and feeling great when she comes to visit and is going to meet me at my house after work. She winds up at a bar around the corner having a few beers. I told her to just sit there and have diet coke...well now way...she wants me to come join her and the answer was NO! I told her to meet me at my house which she did and was buzzed from the beer and also she took a xanax to boot! I was embarrassed for my kids to say the least. She wanted to nap so she did. I ran an errand to pass the time. When we got back we went for dinner and of course she wants beer, shot...something. I told her NO! NOt with me your not! (this is not the norm for me) Well today I am so glad I did. I need support...not this %^$#@! Well that is my story! If I can do that...you guys can too!!

The test

Congrats on sticking to your beliefs! :goodjob:

Temptation can be a tricky things and you got through it with flying colors (and set a great example to boot)!
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

The test

Well done shitzu.

Comment

The test

great
        Life Without Drinking Is Life Worth Living.

Comment

The test

Wow! How strong you are. It takes a lot to be able to pull our friends into line like that.

You rock!

Gem x
          Free since 26th February 2012

Comment

Working...
          X