blind date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blind date

Well i think i'm about to have my first sober blind date and i'm terrified, this is where the real challenge starts. I have been asked out for a "drink" and i've been thinking really hard about this, because i could now officially have a drink but I don't know if I can have just a couple. Every time i've had a date before I have been half cut before I even got there. So I have suggested coffee, that way I guess I wont blurt out my life story and all about my drink problem and scare the bloke off, although I could still do that on coffee. If I could have two drinks and stop, then i'd know i've really got a handle on this, to be honest, i've done my 30 days in the compfort of my own home and not really challenged myself socially. Anyway, i'm rambling, but heres to the next stage of development...eeeeeeeeeeek scared

blind date

Good Luck Stoat! I understand how nerve wracking it can be.....let us know how it goes.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

blind date

Yeah, truckloads of hope for you. Post the results, won't you?

Comment

blind date

Good luck. Yes please let us know how it goes. It will be fine. You will be marvelous.
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

blind date

Well, this is from my perspective because I do not really have problems over drinking in social situations. I like to over drink by myself at home.

Anyway....if you like the guy, that might make you stick to one or two because you don't want to ruin it, not to mention the fact that your adrenalin will replace the booze. But if you do not like the guy, then you will stick to one or two because you must get home ASAP! Good luck!

Maggie

Comment

blind date

good luck
            can relate soo much- i've done some internet dating and found i've needed some lubrication
            hope it goes well
            karen

Comment

blind date

Let me know how it went, I want you to have a good time, but be safe.

Sammys

Comment

blind date

Stoat,
                The power and control is within you to handle it.
                I rather like Maggie's approach.
                Hope you enjoy yourself.
                Rags

Comment

blind date

I once had a "date" with a bloke without having a bee's-dick of booze in me. The man just captivated me ... I forgot to have a drink. And I didn't mind at all...

Good luck.

Comment

blind date

Hi stoat.
                    I hope your date goes well for you.
                    Enjoy yourself.

Comment

blind date

Hey Stoat,

How exciting! Maybe you could do the whole thing sober and see what happens.

I don't know about you, but when I was drinking, I always ended up drinking way too much and letting alcohol make all my decisions for me on the romantic front... eek that next morning regret!!

Gem x
                      Free since 26th February 2012

Comment

blind date

Thanks everyone, i'll let you know...bees dick ha ha xx

Comment

blind date

We'll be waiting with bated breath... I'm like Maggie, when I would have a date, I'd have no trouble having one or two. Then, no matter how the date went, I'd go home and get bombed!

Good luck Stoatqueen!

PS: Tawny DOES have a way with words, doesn't she? :-)
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

blind date

Bees dick......got that one injected in my memory bank for sure.

Anyway....I am datin this great guy in my now sober life. I wanna tell you all it is awesome.

It didnt come tho till I was a good 6 months in to my sobriety. The best words of wisdom I ever got was from someone that didnt know they were givin it to me.
                            And that was a genuine, "Love will come for you when its time".
                            Boy did that ever seem to be correct!
                            Wheather this is a forever deal remains to be seen. But I can say I never imagined it could be so good. Sober has got to be the biggest key here. And sober sex!!!!!!! OMG!!!!! Need not say more.

So my words forwarded on to you, Stout are:

"Love will come for you when its time".

Meanwhile think of the blind date as practice.
                            So try to be as alert as possible. (sober as a bees dick) Then you will absorb as much wisdom as your soul can allow. ; )

And most of all.....HAVE FUN AND LET HIM SPEND LOTS OF MONEY!!!!

ok bye
                            Gabby :flower:

Comment

blind date

I like that advice, Gabby!
                              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X