Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who says there is a God?

Hi all,
    I am in confusion that there is a God.If so I have a strong desire to give up boozing and he is not assisting me why?
    I know if there is a God we have been guided by him,and someone want to give up this shit behaviour why he is silent.There are so many remedies for other disease but not why for AL?.Is it fair....I thought a small thing of combination can stop al....
    Let me know views..
    I am tired of this shit habit..if there is god why hr gave me a mInd so I never sevond in my life..and why he destroyed now?
    Dixon
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

who says there is a God?

I had a beautiful wife and children and am was doung well for them ..why unexpectly they disappear to me...f**king god.

Comment

who says there is a God?

Dix, it sounds like you've gotten into a bad place. Rest a while, the same questions will be here later. It's been an eternal one, but for now your answer is rest, and sleep. Take care, please.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

who says there is a God?

Thanks Rubby
        I am fine and without drinking..just lying down and thinking that what the hell I have done?.Rubby u r great..I want pay anything but want free from this.I have depression and grtting Al in this condition is far worst...my mind was so sharp before but now am ruined totally
        .Shall I go for sucide?
        Dixon

Comment

who says there is a God?

Hey Dixon,

Believe me, I know a little bit about alcohol and depression, and how the two dont mix.

Im with Ruby on this one, Id suggest takin a break, get some sleep, get some food, do something, just dont drink any alcohol.

The whole question about God, has been going on since day one, and I dont know that you are going to find an answer to that on this board. That will be something YOU will have to make an informed decision about. We can however help you start taking steps to rid yourself of alcohol.

Most things we do wrong in life are certainly "fixable", not everything, but surely ALL in your life is not lost at this point. On the other hand, suicide is a very permanent solution to a temporary problem. Only intensified with alcohol and depression

My PM box is open to you at any time, I may be able to understand some of your issues having dealt with depression, and many others on here also know about depression and alcohol.

I can promise you one thing, continuing to drink will only hinder whatever you are trying to fix.

Wishing you all the strength needed to start this journey, and get your life back, good luck my friend
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

who says there is a God?

Dixon, if nothing else is working you might want to consider Antabuse. I've never taken it but a lot of people here are having luck with it. Read around the site and you'll see a lot of posts. Best to you.

Comment

who says there is a God?

Hi Dixon,
              Please do not consider suicide as an option. You can stop drinking, it won't be easy, but it can be done. As far as the God issue...well I believe that's a bigger issue that will not get resolved here. If you want to reach out, maybe there is a church or something in your area that could help you find the answers you are looking for? Or maybe just satisfy your curiosity, if nothing else.

Again, please do not harm yourself. You can get past this.

Thinking of you,
              K9
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

who says there is a God?

Suicide is a curse on your children, Dix. Everything but death can be overcome. Whatever is so bad today, can be easier to look at tomorrow. But we start from ourselves, always, to be able to love ourselves as we love others. My God doesn't dispense cures that way, Dix. It's not something I'll debate. But without our work, religion or not, there is no way, and we have to help ourselves. You CAN do it, Dix, one day at a time.
                sigpic
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

who says there is a God?

Thankful to u..

Hi friends,
                  I undersatnd that al is depressive and want to give up but why not easy.I think it should be essy rather than others.Thank u all my god , I mean u r my god when he is sleeping.I want someone to talk on telephone pls....
                  When I get thinking of al I can give u a call n feel normal.. is it possible?
                  Anyway u all r very kindly..
                  Dixon

Comment

who says there is a God?

dixon;1276150 wrote: Hi all,
                    I am in confusion that there is a God.If so I have a strong desire to give up boozing and he is not assisting me why?
                    I know if there is a God we have been guided by him,and someone want to give up this shit behaviour why he is silent.There are so many remedies for other disease but not why for AL?.Is it fair....I thought a small thing of combination can stop al....
                    Let me know views..
                    I am tired of this shit habit..if there is god why hr gave me a mInd so I never sevond in my life..and why he destroyed now?
                    Dixon
                    To me God may have his reasons for not helping you right away. But don't give up on him yet and keep praying, perhaps do it harder. God has helped me out so much. It helps if you have a relationship with him. I can show you in PM how to start the journey with the lord. Let me know if you want me to.
                    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

who says there is a God?

God is not interested at me !

Of course fellows,
                      Your ideas to believe myself is more important than asking/begging others help.Go also support those who respect their self.
                      But my question is that I am so eager to quit this evil habit and cant find anyone who can support me directly.The mail problem is I do not have any friends to give me fellowship as all of my friends are very sincere to this problem so I used to drink alone.Meantime I must be alone for 24 hours....so the devil in the mind working negatively.You all know I have lost my family as well here in abroad and no one is ready to help me .
                      I wannabe to go back to my extended family but cant leave my kids here alone hoping to help then in future.To help others , I must be strong first so seeking someone who could be my god father/mother to save my life. I was successful person for a decade and believe am a Japanese engine to fix it out ....
                      Thanks all of your gratitude..
                      Dixon

Comment

who says there is a God?

again...

Wow,
                        I do not have any withdrawal problem,If I am sober I enjoy a moment a lot rather than having shaking,sweating etc.Positive things starts coming in my mind ...
                        But once started drinking cant sop until get memory lost ....
                        Badly attached with this habit !!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Dixon

Comment

who says there is a God?

Are you in US, Dix. Sorry if you've said, but too many to remember. If yes, I'll pm my number for my own alone time, but I give my time to Hubs when he's (infrequently) home. OK?
                          sigpic

Comment

who says there is a God?

Rubby,
                            You are very kind hearted,I am unlucky that I could not get in The UK like you.I would appreciate and pray for you for your more successful life if you give me your contact number so that I contact you when I feel craved...I am sure your words do something in my life...
                            I wont go beyond your available time.
                            Thankful to you...
                            Dixon:h

Comment

who says there is a God?

Dix, I'm EST USA. But I'll PM you my contact if you like. Any voice is good when we're suffering.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X